Each new year marks a big birthday for two members of the Duggar family. Former “19 Kids and Counting” stars and twins Jana and John-David Duggar ring in their 26th birthday Tuesday. In honor of Jana’s most recent cameo on TLC’s “Jill & Jessa: Counting On” and her busy 2015, let’s celebrate her big day with five fast facts about the popular Duggar daughter.
1. Oldest girl — Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have 19 children — hence the former TLC show's name “19 Kids and Counting” — but Jana is their oldest daughter. The Arkansas couple welcomed Jana and John David on Jan. 12, 1990. At the time, Jim Bob and Michelle only had one other child: Josh Duggar, who is now 27.
2. Many Rumored Suitors — While Jana has yet to publicly court anyone, it doesn’t appear she’s been completely absent from the dating scene. Last year, it was reported that she had been previously pursued by a family friend, Zach Bates. After “chaperoned dates,” she is said to have turned down his advances. Jana was most recently linked to former NFL star Tim Tebow in 2014. Her cousin Amy Duggar (King) denied her family member’s romance with the athlete. Tebow has since moved on.
3. Always A Bridesmaid — While she has yet to walk down the aisle herself, that hasn’t stopped Jana from supporting her friends and family members on their big days. Jana has served as a bridesmaid at three of her siblings weddings. She was even the maid-of-honor at her sister Jill’s nuptials to now-husband Derick Dillard in 2014. Duggar fans can see Jana play bridesmaid to friend Michael Bates at her August 2015 wedding in an upcoming episode of UPtv’s “Bringing Up Bates” Season 3.
Watch Jana discuss her midwifery training:
4. Career Path — Jana may help her parents take care of her younger siblings, but she’s not just a babysitter extraordinaire. In 2013, Jana revealed she and Jill were learning to become midwifes. Jana most recently showed off her midwifery skills when she helped her sister Jessa Seewald deliver her firstborn son, Spurgeon Elliot, on the finale of “Counting On.”
5. College Plans — She may be a trained in midwifery, but Jana has long been rumored to be pursuing a higher education. In March 2015, OK magazine reported Jana was considering attending a Christian college. At the time, Jana was said to be leaving her family's reality series, "19 Kids and Counting," which was canceled by TLC last year, in favor of an education.