- Toyota Profits Up 23.5% In 3rd Fiscal Quarter
February 05 2013 9:02 AM
Toyota, the world’s best-selling automaker, says it will make more vehicles than previously expected by the end of its fiscal year.
- With Demand Low, Toyota Gives Up On Electric Cars
February 04 2013 3:54 PM
The Japanese auto giant sees little mainstream demand for electric vehicles right now, or possibly ever.
- Americans Bought More Than A Million Cars And Light Trucks In January
February 01 2013 10:10 PM
The Detroit Three and Japanese rivals began the year in the fast lane as seasonally adjusted annual sales in January topped 15 million.
- Toyota US Sales Spike 26.6% In January
February 01 2013 1:47 PM
Japanese auto giant Toyota sold 157,725 vehicles in the U.S. last month.
- Detroit's Mojo: Big Three's Sales Jump In January
February 01 2013 11:31 AM
Detroit’s Big Three saw double-digit sales growth in January - a continuation of an impressive recovery that's supporting US GDP.
- Will Europe’s Auto Sector Follow Japan’s Grim, Decades-Long Slump?
January 31 2013 5:55 AM
Fitch Ratings compared Europe to economically stagnant Japan, which hasn't seen auto sales rise above its 1990 peak.
- Motor City Revival - Back In The Driver's Seat Again
January 30 2013 6:02 AM
A strong 2013 start is expected when automakers release January sales figures Friday after the best December since the 2008-09 recession.
- Ford Beats Earnings Forecast, But Shares Dip 6 Percent On Outlook
January 29 2013 12:27 PM
America's second-largest automaker beat analysts' earnings expectations, but estimates for Europe and Latin America pulled the stock price down.
- Ford 4Q Profit Seen Jumping 28 Percent On Year-End Sales
January 25 2013 4:35 PM
America's second-largest auto company will show higher income despite slightly lower revenue, according to analysts' estimates.
- Peugeot Citroen Announces Car That Runs On Air [VIDEO]
January 23 2013 10:37 PM
Peugeot Citroen has unveiled a hybrid car that runs partly on the most environmentally friendly resource of all: air.
- Best Concept Cars And Prototypes At Detroit Auto Show
January 17 2013 5:05 PM
Cars that will never be made and mockups that are in the works provide clues to the near-future look of autos.
- A China-Branded Car Is A Matter Of When, Not If
January 17 2013 6:11 AM
China’s GAC Group showed up at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, but it’s not quite ready for prime time yet.
- Pickup Trucks From The 2013 Detroit Auto Show
January 16 2013 12:24 PM
With their increasing popularity, it was no surprise that pickup trucks were among the biggest draws at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show.
- Tesla Electric SUV Is Pretty, But Looks Aren’t Everything
January 16 2013 12:13 PM
Tesla's Model X prototype SUV is eye candy, but it goes sour when considering range, price and lack of places to plug in.
- Detroit Auto Show Is Full Of Hybrids, But Only One Hydrogen Cell
January 15 2013 6:41 PM
Green machines dominate, but Toyota is the only one who brought its hydrogen fuel cell concept car to the expo.
- Car Commercials Recognized At The 2013 Detroit Auto Show
January 15 2013 5:42 PM
You can view videos of the top 10 car commercials of the past 25 years below.
- Shelby American Says It's Rebounded From Founder Carroll Shelby's Death
January 15 2013 2:45 PM
Shelby American unveiled two cars at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show: the 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake and self-described “pocket rocket” Shelby Focus ST.
- Sexy Girls And Hot Cars At The 2013 Detroit Auto Show
January 15 2013 1:05 PM
Click through the slideshow to check out the sexy girls and hot cars featured at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show.
- Honda's Latest Concept SUV Could Be Rolling Off the Assembly Line By Mid-2014
January 14 2013 7:20 PM
The five-passenger vehicle is one of the most nearly finished concept vehicles that has debuted at the Detroit auto show.
- Will Plug-In Hybrids Render US Gas Pumps Obsolete?
January 14 2013 4:34 PM
Plug-in hybrids, which require either an at-home charging station or a facility for electric power, have an advantage over typical hybrids.