- GM Rolls Out New Corvette
January 13 2013 6:44 PM
Chevrolet presented its newly redesigned Corvette Sunday night on the eve of the 2013 North American International Auto Show.
- New Chevrolet Corvette Model Appears For First Time
January 13 2013 6:35 PM
The first newly redesigned Corvette in nine years was exhibited on the eve of the 2013 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Achtung, Baby: German Carmakers' 2012 Sales Rocking 'N' Rolling
January 12 2013 3:57 PM
Audi, BMW, and Volkswagen all broke sales records last year, thanks largely to Chinese and American consumers.
- Japanese Automaker Giants A Little Smaller In China
January 09 2013 5:51 AM
Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Mazda have seen sales plummet in China over geopolitics but hope the worst is over.
- Ford Reports Best December In US Sales Since 2006
January 03 2013 10:31 AM
Ford sold 214,222 vehicles last month, its best December since 2006. Size mattered; smaller sedans fueled most of the growth.
- Chrysler Reports Best December Since 2007
January 03 2013 9:40 AM
Chrysler said it had its best December in five years and moved 1.65 million units in 2012, a 21 percent rise compared with the previous year.
- China To Surpass Europe In Vehicle Production: Report
January 02 2013 1:01 PM
European factories churned out over 1 million more cars than China in 2012, but they're likely to lose the lead this year.
- US December Auto Sales Caps Best Year Since Recession
January 02 2013 8:54 AM
U.S. carmakers met analyst expectations Thursday for December sales. Easier financing and recovering U.S. home prices released pent-up demand.
- Are America's Big Three Automakers Leaving Europe Fast Enough?
December 14 2012 7:49 PM
Another month of double-digit declines in automobile registrations and ongoing losses don't tell the whole story.
- November 2012 US Vehicle Sales: It Was A Very Good Month
December 03 2012 12:59 PM
Why did cars fly out of showrooms in November? More confidence, more options, more incentives and more need.
- Fiat, Owner Of Chrysler, Reports Best November U.S. Sales Since Recession
December 03 2012 10:30 AM
Chrysler Group LLC, a subsidiary of Italian company Fiat S.p.A. (Milan: F), reported November 2012 U.S. sales of 122,565 units, a 14 percent rise from last year, the best November since 2007 and the 32nd consecutive month of year-over-year gains.
- Los Angeles Auto Show 2012: Hybrid, Electric Cars Steal The Show
November 30 2012 4:44 AM
Electric and hybrid cars seem to hog the limelight at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto show that opens to the public Friday, as a wide array of options appeared to substitute gasoline-burning cars.
- In The US, Women Drivers Now Outnumber Men
November 27 2012 7:56 AM
A reversal of the gender gap behind the wheel will likely lead to lower fatality rates, researchers say.
- Is The Auto Industry Churning Out More Lemons, Or More Recalls?
November 14 2012 7:11 PM
Toyota's massive worldwide recalls to fix minor pumps and steering problems could be a sign automakers are just being more proactive.
- Suzuki Shutters US Car Business; Blame The Yen
November 06 2012 12:59 PM
Strong Japanese yen claims another domestic export-oriented business: Suzuki Motor Corp.
- US Car Sales Up In October Despite Sandy
November 01 2012 3:49 PM
Despite Hurricane Sandy cutting October car sales, the industry posted a big improvement in October over last year's results.
- Ford Sales Virtually Flat in October
November 01 2012 1:10 PM
Detroit automaker saw minor increase in sales last month. The news comes only two days after the company issued good 3Q earnings.
- Chrysler Reports Best October Sales Since 2007
November 01 2012 10:09 AM
The Detroit automaker reported a 10 percent gain in October, the best month since before the last recession.
- General Motors Earnings Preview: European Losses Cutting Profit
October 30 2012 8:27 AM
General Motors (NYSE: GM) is expected to report a 40.8 percent decline in profits for the third quarter of 2012 on Wednesday, Oct. 31.
- Ford Aims To Shut Belgian Plant Where 4,300 Work
October 24 2012 7:32 AM
The No. 2 U.S. automaker, which lost $553,000,000 in the first half of this year, aims to close a plant in Genk, Belgium.