- Alpha Natural Resources To Cut 1,100 Coal Jobs
July 31 2014 8:30 PM
The job cuts in West Virginia follow layoffs in Kentucky last week. Demand for coal is sinking, while the market for gas grows.
- Oregon Natgas Export Terminal Wins Federal Permit
July 31 2014 5:57 PM
The conditional permit gives Oregon LNG permission to export natural gas to non-free trade agreement countries.
- How A Norwegian Shipping Giant Helps Russia Dodge Sanctions
July 31 2014 12:11 PM
The “Viking King” is helping Russian oil companies skirt the EU and buy equipment for deepwater and arctic drilling.
- Shell Profits Soar With Improved Production And High Oil Prices
July 31 2014 6:52 AM
Shell posted a profit of $5.1 billion in the second quarter of 2014 -- more than twice what it made in the second quarter of 2013.
- European Power Prices Set For Steepest Hike In 10 Months
July 31 2014 6:10 AM
Last year, the EU imported nearly 46 percent of its gas and 31 percent of its coal from Russia, against which it has now imposed new sanctions.
- EU Needs Backup Plan In Case Russia Cuts Off Gas Exports
July 30 2014 9:30 PM
Europe's broader strategy for reducing EU dependence on Russian natural gas would provide medium-term fixes, not an immediate backup plan.
- EU Electric Car Sales Doubled In 2013
July 30 2014 11:49 AM
Three manufacturers helped drive a 'surge' in electric car sales in Europe for 2013, a new analysis of official data found.
- Russia Could Cut Off Europe's Gas
July 30 2014 9:40 AM
New European sanctions on Russia could cause the Kremlin to retaliate and cut off natural gas to Europe, according to analysts.
- Worldwide Water Shortage By 2040 Unless There Are Changes To The Way Power Is Produced
July 30 2014 9:13 AM
In most countries, the creation of electricity leads to the biggest source of water consumption
- Deepwater Horizon Impact ‘Wider’ Than Thought
July 29 2014 4:00 PM
The impact of the BP oil spill, the largest oil spill in history, is far more widespread than previously thought, study says.
- EU Sanctions On Russia Could Hinder Arctic Oil Drilling
July 29 2014 3:28 PM
The embargo is one of a slate of economic sanctions on Russia by the European Union and United States announced this week.
- US Judge Signs Order To Seize Cargo Of Kurdish Oil From Tanker Off Texas
July 29 2014 4:08 AM
The vessel is carrying some 1 million barrels of crude worth about $100 million and arrived on the Texas coast on Saturday.
- Iraq Lays Claim To Kurdish Crude Cargo In Texas Court
July 28 2014 7:46 PM
The United Kalavrvta tanker, carrying some 1 million barrels of crude worth about $100 million, arrived off the coast of Texas on Saturday but has yet to unload its disputed cargo.
- Britain, New Zealand Luring Oil And Gas Drillers
July 28 2014 4:45 PM
OECD oil-producing countries are luring global energy firms with stable politics and friendly regulations.
- China Condemns US Anti-Dumping Duties On Solar Imports
July 28 2014 5:43 AM
The U.S. Commerce Department on Friday placed anti-dumping duties as high as 165.05 percent on solar panels and cells from China.
- Australia Approves $15.5B Carmichael Coal Project
July 28 2014 1:18 AM
The Carmichael mine has sparked protests from green groups and marine tour operators worried about carbon pollution.
- Desalination Looking More Appealing For California
July 27 2014 2:50 PM
Drought stricken California may finally be coming to terms with desalination, for better or worse.
- Railing To Keep Oil Routes Secret
July 25 2014 11:48 AM
Norfolk Southern's lawsuit is believed to be the first time a rail company has gone to court to keep information about its routes confidential.
- US Refineries Running At Record Levels Amid Domestic Oil Boom
July 24 2014 1:04 PM
But all that extra gasoline and diesel won't lower the price you pay because much of it is being sold overseas.
- States Opposing Obama's Climate Rules Leaving Money On The Table
July 24 2014 10:56 AM
Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas in particular could gain from the nation's shift away from coal and toward natural gas electricity.