- Hemp-Based Super-Battery Is ‘Better Than Graphene’
August 13 2014 2:58 PM
Engineers have discovered hemp’s energy-saving properties.
- Texas Toughens Up On Fracking
August 13 2014 1:20 PM
Regulators in the Lone Star State are proposing stronger guidelines for well operators following the recent seismic outbreak in North Texas.
- France Could Offer 10K Euros To Get Drivers Off Diesel
August 12 2014 4:49 PM
France’s minister of ecology is proposing that diesel drivers get a total of nearly $22,000 to switch to electricity.
- Keystone XL Decision Likely Delayed Until 2015
August 12 2014 12:23 PM
The Nebraska Supreme Court's decision probably won't be reached for three to six months, further stalling Obama's final verdict.
- Global Oil Demand Down As Global Economies Struggle
August 12 2014 12:14 PM
The International Energy Agency's monthly oil statistics suggest global oil demand in 2014 and 2015 will be lower than previously expected.
- Oil Prices Remain Steady Despite Iraq Crisis
August 11 2014 5:18 PM
The price of crude oil is still trading under $100 per barrel despite the US bombing of Iraq.
- Keystone Climate Impact Worse Than Estimated: Study
August 11 2014 10:35 AM
Obama's decision on the controversial pipeline decision hinges in part on the project's impact on carbon dioxide emissions.
- Nuclear Reactors Shut Down in UK
August 11 2014 6:58 AM
The reactors' faulty boiler unit was discovered accidentally during routine inspections.
- Amid Territorial Claims, Canada Launches Mission To North Pole
August 09 2014 8:59 AM
The region is believed to hold nearly 13 percent of the world’s undiscovered oil deposits and 30 percent of its hidden natural gas reserves.
- Earthquakes Tied To Fracking Wastewater Draw Lawsuits
August 08 2014 4:15 PM
An Oklahoma woman is suing two dozen energy companies over the 2011 Prague earthquake.
- El Niño Odds Fall To 65%
August 08 2014 10:15 AM
Climate Prediction Center El Niño data finds the event now has a 2-in-3 chance of occurring, instead of the 4-in-5 chance initially projected.
- 'You Just Can’t Afford Hiccups'
August 07 2014 10:57 AM
Offshore oil drilling companies like Baker Hughes and Halliburton say they're expanding plans to frack the oceans.
- Fukushima's Radioactive Groundwater Spewed Into Pacific
August 07 2014 8:28 AM
TEPCO, the Fukushima power plant operator, is currently pumping untainted groundwater into the ocean to prevent it from mixing with toxic water.
- Mexico Passes Oil And Gas Reform Laws
August 06 2014 4:18 PM
Mexico oil reform is one step closer after President Enrique Peña Nieto got Mexico Congress' energy bill passed, ending the Pemex monopoly.
- US Economy Growing Faster Than Expected
August 06 2014 10:17 AM
Imports of oil, cell phones, computer accessories and other foreign-made products fell to a five-month low in June.
- Kosi River Flooding Prompts Evacuations
August 03 2014 10:24 PM
A 10-foot wall of water is expected to sweep down the Kosi river once landslide debris is cleared.
- Ocean Bacteria Eating Oil From Deepwater Horizon Spill
August 01 2014 7:25 PM
Naturally occurring bacteria have been consuming toxic hydrocarbons after the BP oil spill.
- Wildfires, 'Biomass Burning' A Major Climate Change Threat
August 01 2014 1:52 PM
New research says that biomass energy contributes to global warming, despite its sustainable aim to replace fossil fuels.
- Hydropower Now Surpassed By Solar, Wind And Other US Renewables
August 01 2014 11:02 AM
Solar and wind could outstrip conventional hydropower this year for the first time, according to federal energy stats.
- Exxon Mobil's Arctic Drilling On Track Despite Russia Sanctions
August 01 2014 11:01 AM
The Texas oil giant says its offshore Arctic drilling rigs are set to start producing late this year.