- Earthquake Hits Northern Japan, No Tsunami Warning Released
November 09 2012 9:46 AM
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake hit north Japan on Friday, but has not resulted in a tsunami warning.
- Superstorm Aftermath: Gas By Monday? (Perhaps Next Monday)
November 05 2012 5:38 PM
Northeastern gas shortage will likely last through the week due to the many factors affecting the supply chain.
- Where To Find Gas In New York And New Jersey
November 04 2012 5:17 PM
As New York and New Jersey recover from Superstorm Sandy, government officials are adopting emergency measures to deal with fuel-supply disruptions.
- Pentagon To Help Fuel Delivery In Sandy-Affected Area
November 03 2012 3:03 AM
Federal authorities Friday sought the help of the military to deliver 24 million gallons of fuel to restore gas supply in the areas affected by Superstorm Sandy. There is a severe shortage of fuel as almost 50 percent of the gas stations in Sandy affected areas are inoperable due to power outage.
- Hurricane Sandy: Consumers Overrun Gas Stations
November 02 2012 11:50 AM
“It’s like the early 70s out there,” said David Brauner, a 52-year-old Queens resident, referring to the gas shortage caused by the 1973-74 oil embargo.
- LIPA Power Outages Could Last A Week, ConEd Begins Lower Manhattan Power Restoration Until Saturday After Hurricane Sandy
November 01 2012 9:23 AM
The Long Island Power Authority said power outages can last more than a week on Long Island, while ConEd said it has restored some power in Lower Manhattan after Hurricane Sandy.
- Falling Natural Gas Prices, Weak Global Demand Cut Exxon Profit
November 01 2012 8:56 AM
The world's No. 1 energy company by market value posted declining third-quarter profits but still topped analysts' expectations.
- US Nuclear, Oil Facilities Brace For The Storm
October 28 2012 6:15 PM
Electrical companies on the East Coast are bracing for heavy winds, rain, and potential flooding as Hurricane Sandy approaches landfall.
- BP Sells Russian Oil Assets To Rosneft For $17.1B
October 22 2012 8:16 AM
Kremlin-controlled Rosneft will pay BP PLC $17.1 billion for its 50 percent stake in TNK-BP.
- US Understands Our Need For Iranian Oil: India
October 22 2012 5:58 AM
India Monday reiterated its compulsion to depend on the Iranian oil to meet its increasing energy demands.
- Is Poland The Next Fracking Frontier?
October 20 2012 2:25 PM
Poles are considering hydraulic fracturing in pursuit of oil and gas as their ticket to energy independence, but even they have doubts.
- ExxonMobil Pays $2.91 Billion For Canadian Petroleum Shale Properties
October 17 2012 11:47 AM
The world's largest publicly traded energy company extended its buying streak with a $2.91 billion purchase of Canadian petroleum shale properties.
- Chevron Fails To Block $18.2B Ecuador Judgment
October 09 2012 3:59 PM
Chevron Corp on Tuesday lost a U.S. Supreme Court bid to block an $18.2 billion judgment against it in Ecuador in a case over pollution in the Amazon jungle.
- Winter Blend Brings California Gas Price Relief
October 08 2012 2:48 PM
Gasoline prices in California will fall now that Gov. Jerry Brown has ordered a shift to winter blend after refineries making summer blend went offline.
- Oil India, IOC Buy 30% Stake In Carrizo
October 04 2012 7:19 AM
Oil India Ltd (OILI.NS) and Indian Oil Corp (IOC.NS) have jointly bought a 30 percent stake in Houston-based Carrizo Oil & Gas's (CRZO.O) Niobrara shale asset in Colorado for $82.5 million, the companies said in a statement, according to a Reuters report.
- Berkshire Unit To Buy 2 California Wind Projects
September 30 2012 6:46 PM
Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK-A, BRK-B) will get just a shade greener as its MidAmerican Wind unit announced Sunday its agreement to buy two wind-energy projects in Tehachapi, Calif.
- Sudan-South Sudan Deal Lets Oil Flow Again
September 26 2012 8:05 PM
Sudan and South Sudan have reached a deal on border security and oil production that will let oil exports from South Sudan through Sudan to resume, spokesmen for both sides said
- Anti-Nuclear Activists Besiege Tuticorin Port
September 22 2012 6:16 AM
The protest against the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) in Tamil Nadu, South India, intensified on Saturday as the fishermen blocked the Tuticorin port in the state. Anti-nuclear activists and the local villagers have been opposing the construction of the nuclear plant in the Idinthakarai district since several months.
- W Canada Pipeline Hearings Pit Traditional Foes
September 20 2012 2:59 PM
The proposed project to pump bitumen-infused gas from Alberta to Asia via the Northern Gateway project has activists facing off against the energy industry.
- BP In Talks To Sell Texas Refinery
September 19 2012 1:26 PM
BP Plc is in talks with Marathon Petroleum Corp. to sell its Texas City refinery to pay for Deepwater Horizon spill costs.