- Fukushima Cleanup In Shambles
December 06 2013 12:08 PM
Two years after the Fukushima nuclear disaster, the cleanup is being dogged by radioactive leaks and ongoing labor disputes.
- Why Shell Canceled Its Planned Louisiana Gas Plant
December 06 2013 10:29 AM
Louisiana's Ascension Parish will miss out on a $12.5 billion gas conversion plant after Shell said costs were too high.
- How Long Will It Take Chevron To Deliver Gas In China?
December 06 2013 9:14 AM
The project is Chevron’s largest investment in China to date. The U.S. firm has a 49% stake, while PetroChina holds the rest.
- Illegal Labor, Shoddy Work At Fukushima Plant
December 06 2013 1:46 AM
The use of laborers hired by a third-party or unregistered contractor is illegal according to Japanese law.
- Iran Eyes Oil Production Ramp
December 04 2013 11:58 AM
Iran's oil minister has named American and British companies as favorites to help develop and export the country’s vast oil reserves.
- Why BP's $9.4 Billion Oil Spill Settlement Has Been Halted
December 03 2013 1:11 PM
BP had been paying billions in benefits to those whose health and/or businesses were damaged by the Deepwater Horizon spill.
- Peña Nieto’s Very Busy First Year As President
December 03 2013 9:13 AM
Enrique Peña Nieto had an eventful first year at the helm of the second-biggest economy in Latin America.
- General Electric At A Crucial Turning Point: Barclays
December 02 2013 5:14 PM
General Electric’s fate is now in the hands of company management, since stock bears and bulls have an equally powerful case on fundamentals.
- Ukraine’s Ties With Russia And EU: What’s At Stake
December 02 2013 1:20 PM
Has Vladimir Putin overplayed his admittedly powerful hand in dealing with a major southwestern neighbor?
- A Glut Of Oil, But Prices Hang
December 02 2013 10:16 AM
Geopolitics could trump supply-and-demand fundamentals in determining the price of crude oil.
- Keystone Or Not, Canada Is Getting Its Oil Out
November 29 2013 2:17 PM
Delays in the approval of Keystone XL have led Canada to find other means of moving its crude to market.
- Typhoons Spreading Fukushima Radiation
November 29 2013 11:53 AM
Two years after the nuclear power plant was destroyed, radioactive material continues to leak from the site.
- Could A Solar Panel Belt Around The Moon Solve Earth’s Energy Problems?
November 29 2013 5:33 AM
A Japanese construction company has proposed a “lunar solar power generation concept” for inexhaustible, clean energy.
- Carbon Trading Kicks Off In Beijing
November 28 2013 6:12 AM
During Thursday’s trading, emissions allowance fetched 50 yuan ($8.2) a permit, which represents one ton of carbon dioxide.
- Why Did Obama Approve A Pipeline But Not Keystone?
November 27 2013 1:17 PM
How a new pipeline approved by Obama will help Canadian oil producers extract more tar sands.
- YPF Shares Spike Following Agreement With Repsol
November 27 2013 10:43 AM
The compensation agreement is not yet finalized, but YPF is already seeing benefits.
- Are Mass Market Hydrogen Fuel Cells Up Ahead?
November 27 2013 10:04 AM
Major automakers are committed to rolling out hydrogen-powered cars well before the end of the decade. Good luck with that.
- How Global Warming Is Dictating US Defense Strategy In The Arctic
November 27 2013 9:59 AM
What does climate change have to do with Obama's national security strategy?
- Blast Near India’s Controversial Kudankulam Nuclear Plant Kills 6
November 27 2013 3:05 AM
India’s home ministry said a bomb went off “accidentally,” even as authorities examine possible involvement of the facility’s opponents.
- PetroChina Receives Notice Of Investigation From US District Court
November 26 2013 11:33 AM
A PetroChina shareholder filed a complaint with a US court over the energy company's suspicion of violating U.S. security regulations.