- Canada's Prime Minister Pushes Keystone XL Pipeline
May 17 2013 9:59 AM
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said increasing the oil supply to the U.S. was inevitable.
- Nigerian Forces Launch Offensive Against Militants
May 17 2013 5:34 AM
Nigerian armed forces have launched raids against Boko Haram Islamist militants in the north-east, officials said on Thursday.
- Dow Told To Pay $1.2 Billion In Price Fixing Case
May 16 2013 3:46 PM
Federal judge rejects Dow's request to overturn a February verdict, tripling the $400 million owed to $1.2 billion.
- BP Fights Back Against 'Fictitious' Oil Spill Claims
May 16 2013 1:46 PM
The oil and gas giant says false and excessive claims are putting its finances at risk, possibly inviting a takeover.
- EU Raids BP, Shell, Statoil Offices Over Price Fixing
May 14 2013 6:13 PM
The EU is investigating whether oil giants colluded in reporting distorted prices to fix market prices for oil.
- North American Fracking, Tar Sands Reshaping Global Oil Scene: IEA
May 14 2013 9:13 AM
The new ways to extract light crude and Canada's tar sands are radically changing the oil playing field.
- Chevron Strikes Back At Law Firm's Three Suits Against It
May 14 2013 7:21 AM
The energy giant is flexing its corporate muscle against the law firm, alleging acts of corruption, bribery and false representation.
- Iran To Build Oil Refineries In 6 African Countries
May 13 2013 1:18 PM
Iran's top energy official says each new refinery would have the capacity to generate 20,000 barrels per day.
- It's Carl Icahn Vs Transocean In Proxy Battle
May 09 2013 5:20 AM
One of the more interesting battles going on this proxy season pits the legendary activist investor against the Swiss oil and gas driller.
- Tamerlan Tsarnaev Planned To Join Dagestani Militant Group
April 30 2013 6:21 PM
The older Tsarnaev brother was reportedly on the radar of the FSB on two occasions.
- Sanctions Hit Iran Oil Exports
April 29 2013 8:15 AM
Sanctions have cut oil exports by 27 percent, as multinationals back off projects and insurance is used to dissuade refiners.
- IEA Again Cuts 2013 Global Oil Demand Forecast
April 11 2013 4:53 PM
The forecast comes a day after OPEC cut its global oil demand prediction, also for the second time in two months.
- Iran: On To Uranium Mining
April 09 2013 2:04 PM
Ahmadinejad has also ordered the development of new nuclear reactors; the country still claims its nuclear tech plans are energy-related.
- Arkansas Oil Spill - A Neighborhood Scarred [PHOTOS]
April 08 2013 10:23 AM
New images reveal the spill's impact on the neighborhood and environment.
- GE Taps Lufkin Industries For $3.3 Billion
April 08 2013 9:02 AM
With the purchase of Lufkin, GE has expanded its investments in the upstream oil and gas business.
- Japan's Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant Springs A Leak
April 06 2013 3:01 AM
Radioactive water may have leaked into the surrounding ground from a storage tank at Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant.
- What's The Safest Way To Transport Oil?
April 05 2013 5:16 AM
Historically, more oil spills happen via train transport than via pipelines, according to a study.
- Crude Oil Futures Recover Slightly But Hover Below $95
April 04 2013 3:06 AM
Crude oil prices advanced slightly in Asian trading Thursday after plunging in the previous session.
- Russia's Lukoil Says 'Da' To Hess Unit For $2B
April 01 2013 12:09 PM
The value of assets Hess Corp. has divested so far this year has now climbed to $3.4 billion.
- Arkansas Nuclear One Power Plant Accident Kills 1 Worker
March 31 2013 5:38 PM
An accident at an Arkansas nuclear power plant resulted in the death of one worker and the injury of three others Sunday. No nuclear material was released.