- Clear Solar Panel Could Turn Devices Into Power Plants
August 20 2014 10:47 AM
A "transparent solar concentrator" from Michigan State University joins a handful of fledgling "solar glass" technologies.
- Oversupply Of Solar Panels Is Fading. Will Prices Rise?
August 19 2014 5:21 PM
Global solar demand is catching up with supply, which could squeeze some developers and boost manufacturing.
- Oil Spill Closes 15-Mile Stretch Of Ohio River Near Cincinnati
August 19 2014 11:50 AM
The Coast Guard said the river was closed from mile markers 453 to 468, from Cincinnati to Dayton, Kentucky, while it responded to the spill.
- Australia Oil Find Could Ignite Drilling Boom Off Country's Northwest Coast
August 18 2014 11:26 AM
Reports of an Australian oil find of up to 300 million barrels in the Canning Basin could be Australia's largest discovery in decades and help offset iron ore collapse.
- Diesel Used Illegally In Hundreds Of Fracking Wells: Report
August 13 2014 5:35 PM
Fracking fluid disclosure forms indicate well operators injected diesel into 351 wells without getting Safe Drinking Water Act permits.
- Hemp-Based Super-Battery Is ‘Better Than Graphene’
August 13 2014 2:58 PM
Engineers have discovered hemp’s energy-saving properties.
- Texas Toughens Up On Fracking
August 13 2014 1:20 PM
Regulators in the Lone Star State are proposing stronger guidelines for well operators following the recent seismic outbreak in North Texas.
- France Could Offer 10K Euros To Get Drivers Off Diesel
August 12 2014 4:49 PM
France’s minister of ecology is proposing that diesel drivers get a total of nearly $22,000 to switch to electricity.
- Keystone XL Decision Likely Delayed Until 2015
August 12 2014 12:23 PM
The Nebraska Supreme Court's decision probably won't be reached for three to six months, further stalling Obama's final verdict.
- Global Oil Demand Down As Global Economies Struggle
August 12 2014 12:14 PM
The International Energy Agency's monthly oil statistics suggest global oil demand in 2014 and 2015 will be lower than previously expected.
- Oil Prices Remain Steady Despite Iraq Crisis
August 11 2014 5:18 PM
The price of crude oil is still trading under $100 per barrel despite the US bombing of Iraq.
- Keystone Climate Impact Worse Than Estimated: Study
August 11 2014 10:35 AM
Obama's decision on the controversial pipeline decision hinges in part on the project's impact on carbon dioxide emissions.
- Nuclear Reactors Shut Down in UK
August 11 2014 6:58 AM
The reactors' faulty boiler unit was discovered accidentally during routine inspections.
- Amid Territorial Claims, Canada Launches Mission To North Pole
August 09 2014 8:59 AM
The region is believed to hold nearly 13 percent of the world’s undiscovered oil deposits and 30 percent of its hidden natural gas reserves.
- Earthquakes Tied To Fracking Wastewater Draw Lawsuits
August 08 2014 4:15 PM
An Oklahoma woman is suing two dozen energy companies over the 2011 Prague earthquake.
- El Niño Odds Fall To 65%
August 08 2014 10:15 AM
Climate Prediction Center El Niño data finds the event now has a 2-in-3 chance of occurring, instead of the 4-in-5 chance initially projected.
- 'You Just Can’t Afford Hiccups'
August 07 2014 10:57 AM
Offshore oil drilling companies like Baker Hughes and Halliburton say they're expanding plans to frack the oceans.
- Fukushima's Radioactive Groundwater Spewed Into Pacific
August 07 2014 8:28 AM
TEPCO, the Fukushima power plant operator, is currently pumping untainted groundwater into the ocean to prevent it from mixing with toxic water.
- Mexico Passes Oil And Gas Reform Laws
August 06 2014 4:18 PM
Mexico oil reform is one step closer after President Enrique Peña Nieto got Mexico Congress' energy bill passed, ending the Pemex monopoly.
- US Economy Growing Faster Than Expected
August 06 2014 10:17 AM
Imports of oil, cell phones, computer accessories and other foreign-made products fell to a five-month low in June.