- Keystone Pipeline Decision Delayed Again
April 18 2014 2:38 PM
The comment period will be extended, most likely putting any decision after Election Day.
- Pakistan Focuses On Growing Energy Needs
April 17 2014 9:33 AM
About a dozen planned power projects may lessen Pakistan's energy shortage.
- Angola Moving Into Oil's Big Leagues
April 16 2014 5:37 PM
After decades of turmoil, Angola is on the verge of catapulting to the top ranks of the world’s energy economy.
- A New Fracking Concern: Radioactive Material
April 16 2014 10:45 AM
Radioactive waste from fracking has shown up in a small North Dakota town, opening a new chapter in in the debate over the controversial process.
- Defying West's Sanctions, Iran To Export Oil To Russia
April 15 2014 2:27 PM
Despite Western sanctions capping its oil exports, Iran is negotiating a deal with Russia to export up to 500,000 barrels per day.
- Libya To Export First Oil Since Rebel Deal
April 15 2014 11:06 AM
Libya is a major supplier of oil for Mediterranean refineries, and sustained oil exports from the country should lower Brent crude prices.
- Fracking Blamed For Earthquakes In American Midwest
April 15 2014 5:43 AM
Ohio is requiring seismic monitors at drilling sites near faults.
- Russia, China Eye Natural Gas Deal By May
April 14 2014 9:19 AM
Earlier, Russia's Deputy Premier Arkady Dvorkovich went to China as part of a delegation to discuss cooperation in the energy sector.
- Japan's Mothballed Nuclear Program Reinstated
April 10 2014 9:54 PM
But the Japanese remain fearful over atomic power after a 2011 earthquake and tsunami led to the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl.
- Russia Warns Europe Of Gas Supply Cuts Over Ukraine Debt
April 10 2014 9:26 AM
Russia energy giant Gazprom says Ukraine owes $2.2 billion for gas supplies and missed the deadline for paying for its March supplies.
- Nigeria Energy Company Seplat's IPO Is One For The Record Books
April 09 2014 1:53 PM
The IPO - dually listed on London and Lagos exchanges - raised 300.9 million pounds, or roughly $500 million.
- Another Small Victory For Tech Firm Geostellar's Crowd-funding Solar Marketplace
April 09 2014 1:43 PM
Geostellar has raised more than half of its $1 million goal in two weeks.
- EU Russian Gas Imports May Plunge 25% By 2020
April 09 2014 11:45 AM
The Ukrainian crisis has highlighted the European Union's exposure to natural gas from Russia, which has used it coercively in prior disputes.
- Iran, Six Powers Face Hurdles To Nuclear Deal
April 09 2014 10:52 AM
What's more, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Tehran's negotiating team should not yield to issues "forced upon them."
- The Next Generation: Solar Panels Made With Solar Energy
April 09 2014 9:28 AM
Talk about an innovative technology: Oregon State University chemical engineers have achieved a breakthrough that will reduce costs.
- What Biofuel Supporters Want From The US Government
April 09 2014 6:02 AM
As the EPA considers whether to reduce ethanol blend requirements, biofuel supporters say doing so would raise gas prices and carbon emissions.
- Why EU, Ukraine Natgas Talks Are At Fever Pitch
April 08 2014 9:49 AM
Russia could cut off Ukraine's gas supplies, causing knock-on effects for the European Union.
- Iran: We're Not Waiting For US Permission To Boost Oil Exports
April 08 2014 8:52 AM
Iran plans to keep increasing its crude production and exports, despite U.S.-led sanctions against the effort.
- How Ukraine May Affect The Flow Of Kazakhstan's Oil
April 08 2014 6:02 AM
The Central Asian country has close ties to Russia but may consider a partnership with Iran to export its oil without Russian pipelines.
- A Navy Powered By The High Seas
April 08 2014 6:00 AM
After decades of trying, U.S. Navy scientists have finally cracked the technology to turn seawater into fuel.