- Myanmar's Bago City Sees Land Prices Skyrocket 100-Fold
August 19 2013 11:29 AM
Following announcement of Hanthawaddy International Airport in the city, land prices in Bago are rising in a hurry.
- Home Depot Q2 Earnings Preview: US Housing Sector Tailwind?
August 19 2013 10:53 AM
Analysts expect revenue for the home improvement and hardware chain to increase 5.5 percent, up from a 2.1 percent a year ago.
- Say Goodbye To The Castle In The Sky: Beijing Roof Villa To Be Demolished
August 16 2013 3:06 PM
The discoveries of illegal, lavish rooftop structures in China don't stop.
- Buford, Wyoming To Become A Vietnamese Coffee Hub
August 15 2013 6:01 AM
The smallest town in the U.S. was sold to a Vietnamese businessman for $900,000.
- China's Skyscraper Craze Falls Afoul Of Party Newspaper
August 14 2013 8:47 AM
An official newspaper in China said a new obsession with towering buildings is only for vanity instead of function.
- Myanmar's Elite Love London Real Estate
August 13 2013 10:36 AM
Even as foreign investors become keenly interested in the country's booming real estate market, Myanmar's wealthy are taking their cash to London.
- The Craziest Villa In Beijing?
August 12 2013 12:36 PM
Many of China's homes and buildings are constructed without the appropriate permits. This one certainly was.
- Citigroup Mortgage Misrepresentation Dispute Settlement Finalized
August 01 2013 2:22 PM
Citigroup shareholders had claimed in November 2007 that the bank misled shareholders about mortgage-backed assets.
- American Homes 4 Rent Plans IPO At $16 To $18 Per Share
July 31 2013 9:03 AM
If the IPO is successful, it may signal that investors are confident the U.S. housing market's recovery will continue.
- US Foreclosures Declining But Still High
July 30 2013 11:01 AM
55,000 foreclosured were completed in June 2013, more than double the 21,000-per-month average in 2007.
- US Home Price Index Surges Again In May
July 30 2013 9:14 AM
The benchmark Case-Shiller home price index, which jumped 12.2 percent in May, has posted monthly gains since February 2012.
- Ex-Goldman Sachs Trader Declines To Call Defense Witnesses
July 29 2013 3:49 PM
The civil fraud trial centers around the role of Paulson & Co. in shaping a mortgage bond transaction, which the hedge fund bet against.
- 8 Injured In Philly Building Explosion
July 29 2013 1:50 PM
In southern Philadelphia, one person has been seriously burned and seven others have been hurt. No deaths have been reported.
- Simon Property Group Q2 2013 Earnings Preview: A Big Jump
July 26 2013 2:53 PM
The opening of a big facility in Arizona and another in Japan, near Tokyo, will also boost Simon's second-quarter bottom line.
- Detroit: China’s Newest Real-Estate Investment Target
July 26 2013 11:49 AM
As Chinese real estate prices continue to soar, investors are moving their money to Detroit in hopes of turning a profit.
- UBS Pays $885 Million In Settlement With US Housing Regulator
July 26 2013 8:42 AM
The massive settlement could make several other banks facing similar lawsuits feel uneasy.
- 3 Great Places to Live in the U.S. [VIDEO]
July 25 2013 9:35 AM
- Surprise! The World’s Most Expensive City Is In ... ?
July 25 2013 5:36 AM
The world’s most-expensive city for expats in 2013 is not Tokyo or Moscow. It’s an African seaport.
- Myanmar Real Estate Prices Higher Than New York
July 24 2013 6:01 AM
A 100 sq. ft. condo is renting for as much as $8 million in Myanmar's commercial center Yangon.
- US Housing Recovery’s Importance May Be Overstated: Barclays
July 23 2013 11:54 AM
Residential investment would need to almost double for the housing recovery to strongly impact broader economic growth, said Barclays economists.