- Fannie And Freddie To Rescue America's Mortgages?
September 25 2013 2:09 PM
Five years after the financial crisis, questions remain over what will become of Fannie and Freddie. So far, there are few answers.
- Freddie Mac Failed To Pursue Defaulters: Audit Report
September 25 2013 3:43 AM
Freddie Mac by failing to pursue thousands of foreclosed mortgages lost the opportunity to recover $4.6 billion in shortfalls.
- WATCH: Want To Buy Stock In The Empire State Building? Now You Can!
September 23 2013 10:34 AM
- Real Estate Crowdfunding May Be Preferable To REITs
September 20 2013 3:56 PM
Real estate investors may enjoy a new approach to investing, with real estate crowdfunding platforms.
- Empire State Building Owner Going Public Via IPO
September 20 2013 10:38 AM
Here’s your chance to own a portion of an icon: The firm that owns the Empire State Building is going public and will sell shares in the market.
- China Home Prices Hit 2013 High
September 18 2013 9:42 AM
Home prices in China's largest cities have risen at a solid, double-digit rate, on a year-over-year basis.
- China May Have To Sacrifice GDP Growth To Cool Housing Prices
September 16 2013 3:22 PM
A property tax seems inevitable for China's major cities, but levying such a tax could cost the nation some of its economic growth.
- Korea To Build ‘Invisible’ Skyscraper Next To Airport
September 13 2013 6:19 AM
The 450-meter (1,476-foot) Tower Infinity will use an LED façade system and optical cameras to become "invisible."
- Bubble Talk Grows In Dubai - Heading For A Repeat Of 2008 Property Crash?
September 12 2013 12:36 PM
There have been signs that Dubai real estate prices are rising too fast, too soon.
- Set Of 'Walking Dead,' Or One Of China's Luxurious New Cities?
September 10 2013 12:12 PM
In several new communities, infrastructure and economic opportunities lag the pace of property development, making it difficult to attract residents.
- Venezuela’s Surprising Real Estate Boom
September 10 2013 9:57 AM
Given capital controls, U.S. companies have turned to the safest asset possible to retain the value of their Venezuela-generated profits: real estate.
- Cardboard Buildings? LA Architects Design Exotic Shelters For The Marginalized
September 07 2013 9:08 AM
Increasingly, architects are employing their talents in making life better for poor or otherwise marginalized people.
- No One Is Paying Myanmar's Property Taxes
September 06 2013 3:50 PM
The government's taxes to rein in the skyrocketing real estate prices are largely considered ineffective.
- How Well Did The Jersey Shore Fare The Summer After Sandy?
September 02 2013 10:58 AM
Many analysts predicted that summer 2013 would be a complete washout for the post-Sandy Jersey Shore. So was it?
- Myanmar Government Considering Property Taxes
August 26 2013 12:49 PM
But are the taxes motivated by wanting to stabilize the market, or to fill government coffers?
- 5 Factors To Consider Before Moving To Myanmar
August 21 2013 11:53 AM
Myanmar's real estate market is experiencing an unprecedented boom, but do your homework before investing there.
- July US Existing-Home Prices Continue 17-Month Trend
August 21 2013 10:39 AM
The Realtors Ass'n reported that home prices continued to rise even as mortgage interest rates climbed to the highest in two years.
- US Real Estate Recovery Is Uneven Until 2014
August 20 2013 5:08 PM
Commercial real estate development lagged significantly in 2013 and traditionally picks up after the residential housing recovery.
- Singapore Making The Best Of Its Limited Land
August 20 2013 6:09 AM
With a new city plan and an already amazing Changi International Airport, Singapore has ambitious plans.
- China's High-End Hotels In Trouble, Like China's High-End Everything Else
August 19 2013 2:14 PM
Anti-corruption measures, a slowing economy and oversupply are hurting China's luxury hotels.