- Ex-Goldman Sachs Trader Declines To Call Defense Witnesses
July 29 2013 3:49 PM
The civil fraud trial centers around the role of Paulson & Co. in shaping a mortgage bond transaction, which the hedge fund bet against.
- 8 Injured In Philly Building Explosion
July 29 2013 1:50 PM
In southern Philadelphia, one person has been seriously burned and seven others have been hurt. No deaths have been reported.
- Simon Property Group Q2 2013 Earnings Preview: A Big Jump
July 26 2013 2:53 PM
The opening of a big facility in Arizona and another in Japan, near Tokyo, will also boost Simon's second-quarter bottom line.
- Detroit: China’s Newest Real-Estate Investment Target
July 26 2013 11:49 AM
As Chinese real estate prices continue to soar, investors are moving their money to Detroit in hopes of turning a profit.
- UBS Pays $885 Million In Settlement With US Housing Regulator
July 26 2013 8:42 AM
The massive settlement could make several other banks facing similar lawsuits feel uneasy.
- 3 Great Places to Live in the U.S. [VIDEO]
July 25 2013 9:35 AM
- Surprise! The World’s Most Expensive City Is In ... ?
July 25 2013 5:36 AM
The world’s most-expensive city for expats in 2013 is not Tokyo or Moscow. It’s an African seaport.
- Myanmar Real Estate Prices Higher Than New York
July 24 2013 6:01 AM
A 100 sq. ft. condo is renting for as much as $8 million in Myanmar's commercial center Yangon.
- US Housing Recovery’s Importance May Be Overstated: Barclays
July 23 2013 11:54 AM
Residential investment would need to almost double for the housing recovery to strongly impact broader economic growth, said Barclays economists.
- June US Existing-Home Sales Dip
July 22 2013 10:23 AM
However, the National Association of Realtors says, despite June's results, home prices continue to advance at double-digit rates.
- UBS Settles With US Government Over Mortgage-Backed Securities
July 22 2013 8:47 AM
The Swiss banking giant didn’t disclose the amount of the settlement but said it would impact its second-quarter earnings results.
- IKEA Owns A Big Piece Of China
July 18 2013 5:28 AM
The interior decor firm owns 12 outlets totaling 6.89 million square feet.
- Tues. US Stock Futures Flat
July 16 2013 5:57 AM
Investors are still trying to gauge whether the U.S. economic recovery is losing momentum or merely entering a short summer lull.
- Prefabricated Construction Makes A Comeback, Starting With NYC
July 12 2013 4:57 PM
Prefabricated construction techniques are enjoying a recent revival as the real estate industry seeks higher productivity and compact budgets.
- The State Of The American Dream
July 12 2013 4:23 PM
The latest American Housing Survey shows that for every homeless person in 2011, there were about 21 vacant houses.
- Officials Say 'Bug Bombs' To Blame For New York Building Collapse
July 12 2013 8:04 AM
An explosion inside a Chinatown building on Thursday led to a fire and a partial collapse, injuring a dozen people, including firefighters.
- Rich Chinese Are Consuming Conspicuously -- In US Real Estate
July 11 2013 8:49 AM
An unexpected side effect of President Xi's anti-corruption measures -- more Chinese are investing in the U.S. real estate market.
- Myanmar's Ultra-Expensive Real Estate
July 09 2013 12:35 PM
Despite Myanmar's grinding poverty, it now has one of the highest rental rates in Southeast Asia because of foreign company demand.
- China’s Housing Market Is In Recovery Mode, But Is That Good News?
July 03 2013 1:58 PM
China's government hasn't been able to pop the nation's increasingly large real estate bubble.
- US Mortgage Applications Fell 12% Last Week: MBA
July 03 2013 7:26 AM
The home refinancing segment has been particularly hard hit by the sudden rise in interest rates.