- Bubble Talk Grows In Dubai - Heading For A Repeat Of 2008 Property Crash?
September 12 2013 12:36 PM
There have been signs that Dubai real estate prices are rising too fast, too soon.
- Set Of 'Walking Dead,' Or One Of China's Luxurious New Cities?
September 10 2013 12:12 PM
In several new communities, infrastructure and economic opportunities lag the pace of property development, making it difficult to attract residents.
- Venezuela’s Surprising Real Estate Boom
September 10 2013 9:57 AM
Given capital controls, U.S. companies have turned to the safest asset possible to retain the value of their Venezuela-generated profits: real estate.
- Cardboard Buildings? LA Architects Design Exotic Shelters For The Marginalized
September 07 2013 9:08 AM
Increasingly, architects are employing their talents in making life better for poor or otherwise marginalized people.
- No One Is Paying Myanmar's Property Taxes
September 06 2013 3:50 PM
The government's taxes to rein in the skyrocketing real estate prices are largely considered ineffective.
- How Well Did The Jersey Shore Fare The Summer After Sandy?
September 02 2013 10:58 AM
Many analysts predicted that summer 2013 would be a complete washout for the post-Sandy Jersey Shore. So was it?
- Myanmar Government Considering Property Taxes
August 26 2013 12:49 PM
But are the taxes motivated by wanting to stabilize the market, or to fill government coffers?
- 5 Factors To Consider Before Moving To Myanmar
August 21 2013 11:53 AM
Myanmar's real estate market is experiencing an unprecedented boom, but do your homework before investing there.
- July US Existing-Home Prices Continue 17-Month Trend
August 21 2013 10:39 AM
The Realtors Ass'n reported that home prices continued to rise even as mortgage interest rates climbed to the highest in two years.
- US Real Estate Recovery Is Uneven Until 2014
August 20 2013 5:08 PM
Commercial real estate development lagged significantly in 2013 and traditionally picks up after the residential housing recovery.
- Singapore Making The Best Of Its Limited Land
August 20 2013 6:09 AM
With a new city plan and an already amazing Changi International Airport, Singapore has ambitious plans.
- China's High-End Hotels In Trouble, Like China's High-End Everything Else
August 19 2013 2:14 PM
Anti-corruption measures, a slowing economy and oversupply are hurting China's luxury hotels.
- Myanmar's Bago City Sees Land Prices Skyrocket 100-Fold
August 19 2013 11:29 AM
Following announcement of Hanthawaddy International Airport in the city, land prices in Bago are rising in a hurry.
- Home Depot Q2 Earnings Preview: US Housing Sector Tailwind?
August 19 2013 10:53 AM
Analysts expect revenue for the home improvement and hardware chain to increase 5.5 percent, up from a 2.1 percent a year ago.
- Say Goodbye To The Castle In The Sky: Beijing Roof Villa To Be Demolished
August 16 2013 3:06 PM
The discoveries of illegal, lavish rooftop structures in China don't stop.
- Buford, Wyoming To Become A Vietnamese Coffee Hub
August 15 2013 6:01 AM
The smallest town in the U.S. was sold to a Vietnamese businessman for $900,000.
- China's Skyscraper Craze Falls Afoul Of Party Newspaper
August 14 2013 8:47 AM
An official newspaper in China said a new obsession with towering buildings is only for vanity instead of function.
- Myanmar's Elite Love London Real Estate
August 13 2013 10:36 AM
Even as foreign investors become keenly interested in the country's booming real estate market, Myanmar's wealthy are taking their cash to London.
- The Craziest Villa In Beijing?
August 12 2013 12:36 PM
Many of China's homes and buildings are constructed without the appropriate permits. This one certainly was.
- Citigroup Mortgage Misrepresentation Dispute Settlement Finalized
August 01 2013 2:22 PM
Citigroup shareholders had claimed in November 2007 that the bank misled shareholders about mortgage-backed assets.