- Blackstone Bonds: Analyzing The Rental Income Dip
February 20 2014 12:14 PM
Blackstone’s innovative rental-backed security launched late last year in a $480 million offering.
- Are Sweden's Home Prices About To Plunge?
February 20 2014 12:12 PM
After 10 years of strong growth, Sweden boasts record home prices, but experts remain divided over whether it's a bubble.
- Jan. US Housing Starts Slump
February 19 2014 11:30 AM
Is it a momentary pause in the U.S. housing sector's recovery, due to the winter slowdown in construction, or the sign of a deeper problem?
- Now That's A Tunnel
February 17 2014 11:37 AM
China's 76-mile-long project would serve as an important link between frigid northern China and its tropical south.
- What Makes Melbourne The Most ‘Liveable’ City In The World?
February 14 2014 6:18 AM
The man behind the Economist Intelligence Unit’s annual “liveability” report is the first to admit that “liveability” is a hard word to define.
- A Commodity Price Fall That's Hit US Corn Farmers
February 13 2014 11:00 AM
As corn prices hit a near five-year low, farmers are struggling as their land becomes less valuable.
- Are Myanmar's Real Estate Prices Too High For Domestic Businesses?
February 06 2014 5:56 AM
Businesses that rely on having a prime location may be out of luck in Yangon, Myanmar's commercial center.
- Is Too Much Of China's Wealth In Real Estate?
February 05 2014 11:38 AM
And here's why that may be a very bad idea for the world's second-largest economy.
- Rental-Backed Securities - A Dangerous Financial Innovation?
January 27 2014 1:41 PM
Rep. Mark Takano has called for more oversight of rental-backed securities, a new financial innovation introduced by Blackstone late in 2013.
- Why Japan's Property Market Is Re-emerging
January 23 2014 12:52 PM
The Land of the Rising Sun is becoming the Land of the Rising Real Estate Market.
- How Tall Did City Skylines Grow Last Year? In 25 Facts
January 17 2014 6:26 AM
The United Arab Emirates may have welcomed 10 new skyscrapers in 2013, but another nation completed three times as many.
- Has The US Real Estate Market Really Turned A Corner?
January 16 2014 2:13 AM
RealtyTrac, in its report released Monday, said that foreclosure filings were down 53 percent from their peak in 2010.
- Will House Flipping Decelerate In 2014?
January 10 2014 11:36 AM
A companion question: Were U.S. home prices buoyed artificially by business investors in the market for quick profits?
- New Jersey - People Aren't Exactly Flocking To It
January 09 2014 11:37 AM
The state tops one less-than-favorable list.
- Galt's Gulch Combines Ayn Rand, Bitcoin And Ron Paul
January 02 2014 10:34 AM
A former California real estate salesman is looking to establish Galt's Gulch in Chile, a utopian mix of Ron Paul, Ayn Rand and bitcoin.
- American Agriculture 2014: Bearish Signals And Farmland Bubbles Abound
January 01 2014 10:34 AM
Analysts see a fall from recent peaks in industrial agricultural spending by farmers, which could hurt equipment dealers, farmers and farmland investors.
- Israeli Investors Jump Into US Real Estate
December 24 2013 10:50 AM
Big investors are seeking U.S. properties and deals to diversify away from Israeli stocks and bonds, among other reasons.
- US New Home Prices: The Trend Remains The Seller's Friend
December 24 2013 10:45 AM
Also, in another solid year for the U.S. housing sector, new home prices advanced at a double-digit rate.
- Why The Fed Opted For A Jan. $10B Stimulus Cut
December 18 2013 2:14 PM
The move was a bit of a surprise, but the U.S. stock market reacted favorably.
- China Home Prices Keep Surging: November Report
December 17 2013 9:45 PM
Average new home prices in major cuties are up 9.9 percent, and even more in Beijing and Shanghai.