- Home Price Survey In 20 Cities Confirms Real Estate Recovering
December 26 2012 11:57 AM
Home prices in the U.S. rose more than expected in the first 10 months of this year.
- US Mortgage Rates Hold Near Record Lows; Home Prices To Rise 5% In 2013
December 06 2012 12:00 PM
The U.S. housing recovery is building up some real steam. In '13, economists see further strong gains in home sales and starts.
- China's 'Nail Houses': A Thorn in China's Development [PHOTOS]
November 29 2012 1:15 PM
As China's infrastructure continues to develop, some homeowners refuse to make way for developers because of inadequate compensation.
- Lehman Brothers Estate Sells Archstone For $6.5B
November 26 2012 5:17 PM
Equity Residential and AvalonBay Communities will pay $6.5 billion for U.S. apartment owner Archstone.
- Amy Winehouse Home To Be Auctioned, Starting At £1 Million Less Than Original Asking Price
November 16 2012 11:06 PM
A house that belonged to the late singer Amy Winehouse will be auctioned, with a starting price £1 million ($1.59 million) less than when the house was initially placed on the market.
- Lower Manhattan Still A Mess 2 Weeks After Hurricane Sandy
November 14 2012 9:50 PM
As storm-ravaged homeowners living on the coasts of New Jersey and New York City continue to pick up the shattered, waterlogged pieces of their lives, pumping out the basement of the world’s financial capital was only starting to be completed.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Selling Malibu Home For $23 Million
November 09 2012 12:49 PM
Leonardo DiCpaprio has put his beachside compound on the market for $23 million. He performed extensive renovations on the property after acquiring it for $6 million in 2002.
- 5 Lower Manhattan Buildings Still Out Of Commission After Hurricane Sandy [PHOTOS]
November 06 2012 1:19 PM
- World Trade Center Construction Resumes, Memorial Reopens
November 06 2012 11:20 AM
The World Trade Center was relighted on Nov. 1, and construction resumed on Nov. 5.
- Plan Approved To Secure Dangling Crane Caused By Hurricane Sandy
November 02 2012 4:07 PM
The city approved the plan to secure the precarious crane hanging over Midtown Manhattan
- John Singleton's Vacation Home Destroyed In Mystery Blaze
October 29 2012 6:38 PM
Australian entrepreneurJohn Singleton is glad that no one was at his vacation home when it went up in flames Sunday evening.
- US Housing Recovery Lifts Appliance Makers
October 24 2012 5:55 AM
For the past six years or so, weak home sales have depressed home appliance demand. But things are quietly changing now.
- Scott Storch's Former Abode
October 16 2012 9:19 AM
Loose-spending rapper Birdman just snatched up embattled producer Scott Storch's ex-Miami pad, for a cool $14.5 million
- US Home Foreclosures Drop To Pre-Recession Level
October 11 2012 12:51 PM
Nationwide, foreclosures have declined to 2007 levels. States like New Jersey and Florida are still reeling, however.
- Realogy Vaults 30% In IPO Debut
October 11 2012 12:43 PM
Shares of Realogy Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq: RLGY) vaulted nearly 30 percent after its $1.09 billion initial public offering.
- 30-Year Anniversary Of Epcot, The "Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow"
October 01 2012 9:16 AM
Walt Disney World celebrated the 30th anniversary of Epcot on Monday.
- 'Hotel Of Doom' In North Korea Making Progress As Ryugyong Hotel Gets Satirical Google Reviews [PHOTO]
September 28 2012 12:37 PM
The Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang was conceived of by the government as a symbol of the isolationist nation’s wealth.
- Hong Kong Tycoon Offers $65M Dowry for Lesbian Daughter
September 26 2012 3:44 PM
Hong Kong tycoon Cecil Chao Sze-tsung is offering a $65 million marriage bounty to marry his lesbian daughter, Gigi Chao.
- US Existing Home Sales Smash August Forecast
September 19 2012 11:04 AM
Sales of previously owned homes rose 7.8 percent in August to the highest level since May 2010, and construction starts also increased.
- 3 Reports To Shed Light On US Housing Sector
September 18 2012 6:12 AM
Three key U.S. housing reports Wednesday are expected to show small improvements in the market.