- Why Is Apple Canceling Retail Store Employee Vacations In September?
May 15 2014 8:24 AM
The move is expected to be enacted across stores around the world as Apple is rumored to be preparing for the iPhone 6's release.
- Wal-Mart Profit Falls 5 Percent As Harsh Winter Deters Shoppers
May 15 2014 7:52 AM
Other major retailers are also struggling with similarly grim results.
- Baiting The Colossus Of Corporate Coffee
May 14 2014 3:59 PM
Hoping to capitalize on Starbucks’ aggressive tactics, an author is awaiting a cease-and-desist letter that may never come. Is the coffee giant catching on?
- Sony Expects A Net Loss Of $489M In 2015
May 14 2014 4:13 AM
In February, Sony had announced that it would cut nearly 5,000 jobs and sold its personal computers business.
- How Wal-Mart Plans To Shore Up Its Earnings
May 13 2014 7:18 PM
A retail slowdown in April--and cuts to food stamps--may affect Wal-Mart's first quarter earnings.
- Cambodia Ups Arrests Of Garment Worker Activists
May 13 2014 3:37 PM
Dozens of labor activists are facing charges over recent demonstrations. Meanwhile, two youths, including a minor, are facing 11 years for incitement.
- Buckyballs Banned, Recalled For Risk Of Injury Likened To 'A Gunshot Wound To The Gut'
May 13 2014 12:59 PM
After a lengthy legal battle, a voluntary recall was issued for Buckyballs and Buckycubes for an “unreasonable risk of injury” for teenagers and children. Retailers will be banned from selling the high-powered magnetic toys.
- No, Red Wine Won't Make You Live Longer
May 13 2014 10:51 AM
A new study shows that drinking red wine and eating chocolate may not have the health benefits people once thought.
- Why Apple Needs A Bigger iPhone
May 13 2014 7:50 AM
Apple's main competitors such as Samsung and HTC have already begun offering smartphones with bigger displays.
- Labor Talks Could Hurt Holiday Shoppers
May 12 2014 11:52 AM
Retailers across the US will keep a close eye on US shipyard labor negotiations as they gear up for the upcoming holiday shopping season.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, S5 Mini Details Surfaced
May 10 2014 3:06 PM
Samsung could produce the Galaxy S5 Prime in limited quantities due to high manufacturing cost associated with the QHD AMOLED displays.
- What Caused Whole Foods' Disappointing Performance?
May 09 2014 6:41 PM
Analysts say a range of factors are to blame for Whole Foods' disappointing second-quarter performance.
- Low-Tech Gifts For Mom
May 09 2014 5:16 PM
If your mom just doesn't want the super high tech stuff, here’s a gift guide for Mother’s Day, low-tech style
- Obama Takes Flak For Wal-Mart Appearance
May 09 2014 12:53 PM
The president appeared at a Wal-Mart to tout new environmental initiatives, but critics say the retail giant is just "greenwashing."
- 29 Mother's Day Sales For Last-Minute Gifts Or Shopping With Mom
May 09 2014 12:27 PM
Looking to save on last-minute gifts or hoping to find where to shop with Mom on Sunday? Check out these deals and sales for Mother’s Day.
- Two Bigger, Faster iPhone 6 Models Rumored For Fall Release
May 09 2014 11:04 AM
If Apple indeed launches a new iPhone in August, it would be a different strategy for the company.
- Apple’s iPhone 6 Getting Into Shape
May 07 2014 10:03 AM
While Pegatron is rumored to take a 15 percent share of orders, the remaining 85 percent is expected to be offered to Foxconn.
- Office Depot Closing 400 US Stores
May 06 2014 11:37 AM
Office Depot's announcement sent the retailer's shares up about 10 percent before the bell today.
- Ahead of iPhone 6 Release, Apple To Offer Huge Upgrade This Week
May 06 2014 10:18 AM
Angela Ahrendts, who took over as Apple’s new retail chief last week, is expected to oversee the new iPhone upgrade program.
- After The Breach, How Target Recovers
May 05 2014 7:08 PM
Target is not the only retailer to experience a data breach, and experts say that customers will return.