- Amazon Dangles Hachette Author Deal
July 08 2014 3:56 PM
Amazon offered 100 percent of Hachette e-book revenue to authors in an attempt to end its ongoing pricing dispute.
- Potato Salad Kickstarter Nets $40K
July 08 2014 1:10 PM
Zack Danger Brown's plea on Kickstarter for $10 to make potato salad generated him nearly $40,000 in five days. Here are 12 other weird campaigns to which people actually gave money.
- At Alibaba, Drawing Scrutiny Is Just Business As Usual
July 08 2014 8:07 AM
"Do you trust Jack Ma to do the right thing for you? Ddo you think he will keep the right people on his side? If you think yes then this is a long term bet you want to make."
- French Retail Giant Carrefour To Shut Shop In India
July 08 2014 2:28 AM
Carrefour, the world’s second-largest retailer by sales, announced it will exit the Indian market as a part of its new revival plan.
- Portland Police Prep For Pot DUIs
July 07 2014 4:57 PM
As Washington's first marijuana retail stores open this week, police in nearby Portland, Oregon, may be dealing with more high driving.
- iPhone 6 Could Be Assembled By Robots
July 07 2014 5:23 AM
Foxconn is planning to install 10,000 Foxbots to produce the iPhone while each robot can assemble an average of 30,000 devices a year.
- Apple Remains Leading Smartphone Maker In The US
July 04 2014 5:40 AM
While the iPhone was the most popular smartphone in the US, Android led among operating systems for smartphones.
- A Cynical Look At Burger King’s Pride Whopper
July 03 2014 2:36 PM
The fast-food giant’s viral video was less about inclusion than about selling burgers.
- Ousted American Apparel CEO Gives Power To Hedge Fund: Report
July 02 2014 11:17 PM
Dov Charney, who created American Apparel in 1989, has handed over his entire stake and voting rights in the retailer to Standard General.
- No Guns In Target, Please
July 02 2014 5:18 PM
Like Chipotle and Sonic, the big-box retailer has decided that firearms negatively impact the atmosphere in its stores.
- 36 Sales, Deals And Coupons For The Fourth Of July Weekend
July 02 2014 1:02 PM
36 sales to celebrate this Independence Day.
- New Iconia Tablet Doesn't Push The Envelope [VIDEO]
July 02 2014 11:39 AM
The Acer Iconia W4 is all-new, except not really. It comes with a big price tag though - does it have the trousers to back it up?
- Apple Lowers iPhone ‘Reuse And Recycle’ Trade-In Value
July 02 2014 8:49 AM
The latest trade-in value is significantly lower than what Apple offered in its previous recycling programs.
- Singapore Confiscates Record Amount Of Criminal Cash
July 02 2014 8:43 AM
“We are seeing a trend of overseas criminals seeking to launder money through Singapore bank accounts.”
- Fidelity To Ban Mutual Fund Trading For Non US Clients
July 02 2014 8:36 AM
Move is reaction to, "today’s continually evolving global regulatory environment.”
- 99 Percent Of The Oceans' Garbage Is 'Missing'
July 01 2014 12:05 PM
Researchers aren't sure why they can't find the millions of tons of plastic they know are in the oceans.
- How Much Wood Would You Eat? Lots, Apparently
July 01 2014 10:40 AM
McDonald’s, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy’s and some other fast-food chains have items on their menus that contain wood pulp.
- Samsung Launches Galaxy S5 Mini
July 01 2014 8:25 AM
The handset will run on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat operating system, and will be resistant to water and dust.
- Apple's On Retail Hiring Binge In Ramp-Up To iPhone 6
June 30 2014 4:11 PM
Apple is hiring for all positions on their retail front, indicating the launch of the iPhone 6 and the iWatch.
- Lenovo Yoga 10 HD+: Bends, Doesn’t Break [VIDEO]
June 30 2014 3:44 PM
The Lenovo Yoga 10 HD+ has an odd name and shape. But you’ll find that this is one of, if not the most balanced tablet in its class.