Detective Andrea Cornell (Juliette Lewis) is ready to investigate a new murder when Season 2 of “Secrets and Lies” premieres on ABC in 2016. Although the Crawford’s are not returning for the second installment, fans will still have their fair share of drama thanks to the introduction of the Warner’s.
Unfortunately for viewers, an exact premiere date for “Secrets and Lies” Season 2 has not been released by ABC yet. However, that’s not stopping us from rounding up all the scoop that has been released for the 2016 installment.
Only One Returning Cast Member
Those hoping to see Ryan Phillippe back on screen will be disappointed. An online video revealed that his character, Ben Crawford, somehow died in prison. However, Juliette Lewis will be reprising her role as cold, yet hard-working detective Andrea Cornell. She’s got a new case to work on, but fans should be able to uncover more bits and pieces about her life – like what happened to her daughter.
The Warner Family
The Crawford’s are old news. Season 2 will follow the Warner’s, a wealthy and successful Charlotte, North Carolina, family who has their own secrets. Eric Warner (Michael Ealy) is a newlywed and heir to the family private equity firm. He’s finally taken over the business, but that’s when things get messy. His wife, Kate (Jordana Brewster), is found dead.
It’s a new murder mystery, and Detective Cornell has her eyes set on Eric. But is he guilty? There are plenty of other characters that are suspicious besides the grieving husband.
- John Warner – John (Terry O’Quinn) is the Warner patriarch. He’s ready to retire, but the synopsis teases that “Kate’s death puts his succession plans on hold.” Things unravel as it’s revealed that his life’s work is “really a house of cards.”
- Amanda Warner Young – Amanda (Mekia Cox) is a criminal attorney in the Public Defender’s office and the sister of Eric. She’s “fiercely protective of Eric” – especially when Detective Cornell comes sniffing around.
- Patrick Warner – Patrick (Charlie Barnett) is the youngest Warner child and works alongside his brother and father at the family company. But that doesn’t make him an equal. He’s described as a “lovable loser” and “functioning alcoholic” who has had to live in his brother’s shadow.
- Melanie Warner – Melanie (Annalynne McCord) may be a Warner – but only by blood. She’s Patrick’s wife and described as “outspoken” and “slightly inappropriate.”
- Danny – Danny (Kenny Johnson) is on the outside looking in at the Warner family. Exactly how he’s connected to them is unclear, but he’ll quickly become a suspect in Kate’s murder. He’s described as a “lurker” and “downright scary.”
Of course, the storyline for Season 2 will revolve around uncovering Kate’s murderer. But there is much more to it than that. The season description also asks the question, “How well do you know your spouse?” Fans will also be thinking about how well they know Cornell. The synopsis adds that she must “deal with her own dark revelations.”
“Secrets and Lies” Season 2 premieres on ABC in 2016.