Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: First Accessories Allegedly Surface, Showcase New Mini Dock Connector [FEATURES]Two weeks from the alleged unveiling of the iPhone 5, many Apple fans are concerned about the compatibility of the device with current accessories given the multitude of reports saying it will feature a brand-new, smaller dock connector.
- Shares of Yelp Inc. (Nasdaq: YELP), the provider of online reviews of local businesses and restaurants, surged more than 25 percent Wednesday as the lock-up period for insiders expired, allowing them to sell stock in the San Francisco-based company for the first time since its march 1 initial public offering.
- A new report on Tuesday said Apple is planning to upgrade its wireless music streaming technology known as AirPlay in the coming month. Word is the announcement will come when the company debuts the new iPhone. The new technology, using the working title "AirPlay Direct," is said to eliminate the need for a Wi-Fi network, which means that iOS devices like iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touchs may be able to beam music directly to a speaker system.
Windows Phone 8 Release Date Coming Next Week? Nokia Teases With New Ad, More Price Rumors Begin To Surface [VIDEO]Nokia has just launched a new video hinting that an upcoming Windows Phone 8 release date could be announced very soon. A press event with Microsoft is scheduled for Sept. 5, coming right in between the dates that competitors Apple and Samsung are expected to make some major unveils as well.
- Folks at AnandTech don't think that Apple iPhone 5 will feature NFC. They said in a recent report that the new iPhone's backside ruled out the possibility of NFC within the device. According to the report, inclusion of NFC is very unlikely because of the mostly metal backplate of the next iPhone.
Apple iPhone 5 Release Date For Next Month Hinted By T-Mobile; Carrier Prepares Employees To ‘Sell Against The iPhone’Verizon and AT&T aren’t the only service providers preparing for the iPhone 5 release date, which is rumored to come next month. T-Mobile has also sent out memos to its employees to prepare for what may be the largest handset launch in mobile history.
- Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is scheduled for an October release date and is said to be unveiled this Wednesday, as multiple reports have cited. The unconventionally-designed smartphone, which combines the elements of a cellphone and a tablet into one device, comes only a few months after the original Galaxy Note was announced in February.
- Given the multitude of rumors from the past year and the numerous patents in relation to the technology, it looks like Apple has invested considerably in NFC, and looks to implement the communication chip in a future iPhone. Quite possibly, we may see NFC in the next-generation iPhone, allegedly set to debut next month on Sept. 12, unofficially but most commonly called iPhone 5.
- The release date for Samsung’s Galaxy S3 arrived back in May, but that doesn’t mean the Korea-based manufacturer is done surprising fans of the device. Samsung has just announced that the Galaxy S3 will be available in three new colors, all of which stay consistent with the nature-based theme that Samsung’s flagship smartphone has features thus far.
Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: Apple Seeks Quick Ban On Eight Samsung Phones In US; Files Injunction With District CourtAfter its decisive win over Samsung in the patent trial Friday, Apple has formally filed a notice with the District Court in California, San Jose Division.
Apple iPhone 5 Feature Appears In Allegedly Leaked Photo: NFC Chip Visible Along With Other Reported ComponentsThe release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is expected to come next month, and yet another allegedly leaked photo of what is expected to be the device’s front panel has surfaced. These newly discovered photographs reportedly provide evidence that Apple has implemented its first Near Field Communication (NFC) compatibility in the iPhone 5.
- In about two weeks, Apple is expected to hold a large media event to debut several new devices, including a new iPhone - the unofficially dubbed "iPhone 5" - as well as a new iPod Nano, a new 13-inch Retina Macbook Pro, and possibly, a brand-new addition to the iPad line, the "iPad Mini." We believe Apple is going to choose Friday, Oct. 5 to launch the new iPad Mini. Apple iPad Mini Release Date Rumors: Why Oct. 5 Makes The Most Sense To Launch
- Shares of Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) plunged nearly 8 percent in Seoul Monday following the company’s $1.05 billion loss to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, in a patent case in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., on Friday.
- While Samsung Electronics lost out to Apple in the high profile patent trial, wherein the U.S. court ordered the former to pay $1.05 billion for patent infringements, experts aver that the ongoing partnership among the two companies for supplying components will hold good.
Pre-Market Movers (ImmunoGen, Nokia, Dollar Thrifty, Research In Motion, Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Partner Comm, Tata Motors)ImmunoGen Inc, Nokia Corp, Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Research In Motion, Apple Inc, Hewlett-Packard, Partner Communications and Tata Motors Ltd. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Monday.
Apple iPhone 5 Release Date: Yet Another Proof Of September 21 Launch As AT&T Announces Vacation BlackoutProviding even more evidence of a September release for the Apple iPhone 5, TechCrunch reported Sunday, citing an unnamed AT&T sales representative, that just like Verizon, AT&T also has vacation blackout in place for its employees from Sept. 21 to Sept. 30.
- Samsung Electronics shares tumbled more than 7 percent on Monday, wiping $12 billion off the South Korean giant's market value, as Apple Inc's sweeping legal victory in their U.S. patent battle raised concerns about its smartphone business - its biggest cash cow.
- Sunday's National Dog Day, entering it's 9th celebration after being started by Colleen Paige, will see canine lovers everywhere taking their dogs to parks and even into Times Square.
- Now that 2012 is two-thirds over, it’s already time to label it, like the Asians do. Unlike 4709, it’s not the Year of the Dragon. It’s the Year of Anticipation.