- In about two weeks, Apple is expected to hold a large media event to debut several new devices, including a new iPhone - the unofficially dubbed "iPhone 5" - as well as a new iPod Nano, a new 13-inch Retina Macbook Pro, and possibly, a brand-new addition to the iPad line, the "iPad Mini." We believe Apple is going to choose Friday, Oct. 5 to launch the new iPad Mini. Apple iPad Mini Release Date Rumors: Why Oct. 5 Makes The Most Sense To Launch
- Shares of Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) plunged nearly 8 percent in Seoul Monday following the company’s $1.05 billion loss to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, in a patent case in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., on Friday.
- While Samsung Electronics lost out to Apple in the high profile patent trial, wherein the U.S. court ordered the former to pay $1.05 billion for patent infringements, experts aver that the ongoing partnership among the two companies for supplying components will hold good.
Pre-Market Movers (ImmunoGen, Nokia, Dollar Thrifty, Research In Motion, Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Partner Comm, Tata Motors)ImmunoGen Inc, Nokia Corp, Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Research In Motion, Apple Inc, Hewlett-Packard, Partner Communications and Tata Motors Ltd. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Monday.
Apple iPhone 5 Release Date: Yet Another Proof Of September 21 Launch As AT&T Announces Vacation BlackoutProviding even more evidence of a September release for the Apple iPhone 5, TechCrunch reported Sunday, citing an unnamed AT&T sales representative, that just like Verizon, AT&T also has vacation blackout in place for its employees from Sept. 21 to Sept. 30.
- Samsung Electronics shares tumbled more than 7 percent on Monday, wiping $12 billion off the South Korean giant's market value, as Apple Inc's sweeping legal victory in their U.S. patent battle raised concerns about its smartphone business - its biggest cash cow.
- Sunday's National Dog Day, entering it's 9th celebration after being started by Colleen Paige, will see canine lovers everywhere taking their dogs to parks and even into Times Square.
- Now that 2012 is two-thirds over, it’s already time to label it, like the Asians do. Unlike 4709, it’s not the Year of the Dragon. It’s the Year of Anticipation.
- After scoring a decisive win over competitor Samsung in the high-profile patent trial Friday, August 24, Apple has now shifted focus toward Microsoft, and is planning to unveil a smaller iPad, popularly referred to as "iPad Mini" to take on the Redmond software giant's tablet, Surface.
Apple Vs. Samsung Lawsuit: How The Tech Giants Responded To The $1 Billion Verdict [Full List Of Infringed Products]Apple had the last laugh in its epic Apple v. Samsung patent-infringement lawsuit and was awarded $1.051 billion in damages by a California jury. Take a look at the list of the patents involved in the lawsuit and the devices that were found to infringe on those patents.
- Apple Inc scored a sweeping legal victory over Samsung on Friday as a U.S. jury found the Korean company had copied critical features of the hugely popular iPhone and iPad and awarded the U.S. company $1.05 billion in damages.
- John Gruber of Daring Fireball challenged Rene Ritchie's report of iPhone 5 and iPad mini sharing the same stage at the next month's event. He said that the upcoming iteration of the iPhone is not likely to share the spotlight with another new product from the Cupertino tech giant. He opined that there could be two separate events.
- As technology industry eagerly waits to hear the verdict of U.S. Federal District Court in Apple (AAPL), Samsung (005930) patent tussle a South Korean Court ruled Friday that both the firms were guilty of patent infringement and banned sales of Apple and Samsung smartphones and tablets.
- While Apple has yet to make any official announcements about its upcoming products the iPhone 5 and the iPad mini, leaked details show that both devices are as good as confirmed at this point. But while many expect that both products will be launched simultaneously in September, the iPad mini may in fact be officially announced in October.
- While many experts have predicted that Apple's upcoming iPhone 5 could be the biggest product launch in the company's history, rumors now are suggesting that production problems could limit Apple's supply of the new phone.
- Apple fans can't wait to get their hands on the iPhone 5, and now, they may not have to. Even though some claim to be selling iPhone 5 parts in China, one Chinese company is actually selling modification kits based on the rumored design specs and features of the phone, which allow owners of the iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S to make their phone look like the next-gen model. Apple iPhone 5: How To Transform Your iPhone 4/4S With Next-Gen Specs, Features [VIDEO]
- The iPhone 5 is a highly anticipated piece of tech that has been taken apart and examined on YouTube. The video compares parts of the iPhone 5 with it's precursor, the iPhone 4s.
- On Wednesday, Sept. 12, Apple is expected to debut the new iPhone, unofficially dubbed iPhone 5, as well as a brand-new tablet to its iPad line, the iPad Mini. We may even see a new iPod Nano, and a new 13" inch Retina MacBook Pro. However, it is highly unlikely these products will be released together. In fact, we believe Apple's release date for the iPhone 5 could be a full month before the iPad Mini launch. Will Apple Release The iPhone 5 A Full Month Before The iPad Mini?
- More Than 70% of Consumers Think the Economy Is in "Bad" or "Terrible" Shape and Nearly 1 in 4 Feel It Will Be Difficult to Purchase Things They Need Over the Next Several Months. Only 3% think the economy is in "good shape," as reported by a survey conducted by RetailMeNot and Ipsos Public Affairs
Apple iPhone 5 Vs iPhone 4S: Video Comparison Builds Excitement Ahead Of Sept 12 Release Of New iPhoneA new video surfaced Wednesday that appeared to combine several iPhone 4S parts with the next generation iPhone, largely rumored as "iPhone 5," showcasing changes rendered with regard to flex cables and screen size.