- Our predictions this morning came true: At about 9 a.m. PST, Apple released the official invitations for its next big product launch to the press, scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 12. The event will definitely be all about the iPhone 5, but that's not the only Apple product scheduled to be unveiled that day. Apple has plans to release new iOS devices and Mac computers at the event.
- Ailing Finnish smartphone maker Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK) is betting the company that two new Lumia smartphones based on the new Windows 8 OS from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, will be international hits.
- It's been long reported that Apple's next big product event, which is said to unveil the new iPhone 5, a new "iPad Mini," and even new iPod and Mac models, will allegedly occur on Wednesday, Sept. 12. If company history repeats itself, it's possible that Apple will release the press invitations eight days prior to the event's date, either today (Tuesday) or Wednesday.
- The new iPhone 5 features a nano SIM card that has shipped to wireless provider T-Mobile prior to the phone's release date.
- In July Microsoft fans got a glimpse of some back up options set to come with Windows Phone 8 when the SDK leaked, but until now there was no indication of how the options would work. But now, sources close to Microsoft have revealed more information about its plans for Windows Phone 8, reports The Verge.
- Samsung Electronics (005930) appears to be taking stock of things after the California jury ordered the South Korean giant to pay $1.05 billion in damages to Apple (AAPL) for violating patents pertaining to iPhone and iPad.
Apple iPhone 5: Fully Assembled New iPhone Mockup Spotted At IFA 2012; Taiwanese Pop Star Posts Pictures [VIDEO]With the next gen Apple iPhone widely believed to be just days away, a new video has reportedly appeared at the IFA 2012 trade show in Berlin, showing a handset that claims to be a mockup of the fully assembled Apple iPhone 5.
Apple IPhone 5 Rumors: Accessory Allegedly Leaks In Video; Will The Release Date Be Delayed Due To Screen Production Problems?The release date for Apple's iPhone 5 is expected to be announced in less than two weeks, and it's clear anticipation is at an all-time high. This summer has produced an unprecedented number of alleged leaks and rumors, and now images of what is believed to be a new set of earphones for the iPhone 5 have surfaced on the Web.
- With just 10 days to go for the Apple September 12 event, a new video on Vietnamese portal Tinhte.vn showcases redesigned earphones that is likely to accompany the next-generation iPhone.
- As the iPhone 5 release date approaches, analysts speculated on rumors of LTE capability and if the alleged feature could have AT&T costumers switch to Verizon.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (KRX: 005930) on Saturday accused Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) of resorting to litigation in an attempt to limit consumer choice after the iPhone maker said it was seeking to halt U.S. sales of Galaxy S3 smartphones.
- The patent war between Apple and Samsung will apparently never end as the iPhone-maker filed a revised complaint with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California Friday, in which it added two versions Samsung's Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note to its original complaint against Galaxy Nexus and other related devices.
Apple iPad Mini Release Date Hinted By Developer?s Logs, Price Rumors Indicate $249-$349 According To AnalystThe iPad Mini is expected for an October release date, and yet another bit of evidence that it may launch soon has surfaced on the web. New iPad device codes have appeared on Instapaper developer?s Marco Arment?s logs, according to Mac Rumors.
- Hype surrounding the iPhone 5 continues to mount in the days leading up to Apple's media event, allegedly scheduled for Sept. 12, in which the Cupertino, Calif.-based computers company is expected to unveil a brand-new iPhone, among other new products. Given the news, rumors and patents surrounding the phone's alleged features, there are plenty of reasons why Apple could be most proud of the next iPhone's screen.
- If Apple's history can predict its future, we might expect the Cupertino, Calif.-based company to release invitations to its media event, allegedly scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 12, eight days prior on Tuesday, Sept. 4. This reported date is not based on fact, or word from any source from within Apple; this is rather based on Apple's past when it comes to releasing its media event invitations.
Apple iPhone 5: Possible Trouble Ahead For Company As Samsung To Hit Back Over LTE Patents After ReleaseMany people may think that Apple's victory could be the end of the epic Apple v. Samsung patent-infringement lawsuit, but it's not. According to a new report, Samsung would immediately file a lawsuit against Apple after the release of the iPhone 5 if the handset features 4G LTE technology.
- Apple has successfully managed to make each new iPhone thinner, lighter, faster and more powerful, and it looks like the iPhone 5 will be no exception. On Thursday, Sonny Dickson released a set of new photos that show an A6 processor chip sitting in the phone's logic board. A quad-core A6 would boost the speed of the phone's features, as well as help power the phone when multi-tasking applications or playing games or video.
- Patent resolution talks have been conducted by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) CEO Tim Cook and Google (Nasdaq: CEO) Larry Page and may continue, Reuters reported.