- Over 130 inmates have escaped from a Mexican prison in Peidras, located across the border from Eagle Pass, Texas. Mexican authorities have undertaken a massive manhunt, while U.S. authorities are closely monitoring the border to assist in the recapture of any prisoners that try to cross.
Mitt Romney Video Causes Political Uproar, GOP Candidate Responds To '47 Percent' Comment And Other StatementsMitt Romney wasted no time late Monday in responding to backfire from controversial statements he made that were caught on tape. The GOP presidential candidate described his comments "off the cuff" and "not elegantly stated," but still defended the main message of his remarks.
- The worldwide cloud services market is estimated to grow 19.6 percent in 2012 to surpass the $109-billion mark, according to a new report by Gartner.
- Mitt Romney faced a new embarrassment Monday evening when a video surfaced that shows him dismissing nearly half of Americans as "victims" who take no responsibility for their livelihoods and who think they are entitled to government handouts.
- Fans of the popular BitTorrent site Demonoid were teased earlier this week when the domain's server went through an update, leading many file-sharers to believe the site would be up and running again soon. Although hope isn't dead yet, Demonoid's tech administrator told Torrent Freak that they are "not looking into putting the site back up at the moment."
- A deal appears to be place for Manny Pacqiao to face Juan Manuel Marquez for the fourth time.
- If Ron Paul supporters unite behind Johnson, he could potentially sipher votes from Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney in more than one swing state.
- To help figure out why The Gap hired Michael Francis, it's better to ignore his brief time as president of beleaguered J.C. Penney and look to his prior experience at Target.
- A new report from UNICEF, the WHO and the World Bank says that under-five mortality has decreased significantly worldwide, but many countries are still not on track to meet their Millennium Development Goals.
- December corn is trading slightly lower near 7:30 am CST and there were no September corn deliveries overnight. Dalian corn traded slightly lower overnight. Corn was under pressure for most of the evening but is seeing a bit of support from the wheat market this morning following yesterday's sharp losses. All eyes are on the Federal Reserve today as they finish their 2 day meetings. Most investors feel a new round of QE will be announced to jump start the US economy. The US Dollar is trading ...
- The relationship between Brent and West Texas Intermediate crude oil benchmarks appears to have undergone a "fundamental change" that will lead to the price gap between the two shrinking to less than half recent levels, the Energy Information Administration said in its This Week in Petroleum Report.
- Mexico is poised Thursday morning to provide more details about the arrest of Jorge Eduardo Costilla Sanchez, a suspect it believes is one of a dwindling number of key players in the Gulf drug cartel, who was nabbed Wednesday from Mexico's northeastern border state of Tamaulipas.
- Tropical Storm Nadine is expected to become a hurricane later Wednesday night or early Thursday morning as it churns in the Caribbean, according to the National Weather Service.
- Nat Gas futures are starting the day with only a minor level of profit taking selling so far and are holding onto most of the gains from the last two sessions. The current price is at the upper end of the trading range and at a level that I still do not think is sustainable. At the current price level coal to Nat Gas switching is now favorable to coal which if the price remains at the current level utilities will have to look seriously at switching back to coal. In addition the latest NOAA six t...
- Chesapeake Energy Corp said it will sell most of its Permian Basin properties to Royal Dutch Shell Plc and Chevron Corp and a majority of its pipeline assets to raise about $6.9 billion in cash.
- Investigators from Southern California's South Coast Air Quality Management District received nearly 200 complaints about a "rotten egg smell" and began searching for the stench Tuesday morning. The odor is thought to be coming from the Salton Sea.
Mexico vs. Costa Rica: Watch Live Stream Online of World Cup Qualifier; Prediction, Probable Lineups, PreviewWatch live coverage as Mexico take on Costa Rica in a World Cup qualifier at the Estadio Azteca, plus a full preview, team news and prediction.
USA vs. Jamaica: Watch Live Stream Online of World Cup Qualifier; Prediction, Probable Lineups, PreviewWatch live coverage as the United States men's national team takes on Jamaica in Columbus, Ohio, plus a full preview, team news and prediction.
- Perennial battleground states Ohio and Florida top the list of where the Obama and Romney campaigns are spending, and that is not unexpected. Pennsylvania, though, is very far from the top -- and that is a big surprise.