- Cisco Systems (Nasdaq: CSCO) reproted fourth-quarter results that exceeded analyst estimates.
- Brazil looks to bounce back from a crushing defeat to Mexico in the 2012 Olympic gold medal match
Mars Rover Curiosity Pictures: Panoramic Photo Turns Into Interactive Graphic To Let You Navigate Martial SurfaceThe world has been spellbound by the striking images of the never-before seen region of the Red Planet sent by NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover. But here's something that would stun you even more by allowing you to experience a virtual tour of Mars.
- Cisco Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CSCO), the No. 1 provider of Internet gear, is scheduled to report fourth-quarter results Wednesday that are expected to be much better than last year’s when CEO John Chambers said the company was overmanned and was in the midst of layoffs and retrenchment.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will begin accepting applications Wednesday for a new Obama administration initiative, first announced in June, that allows many undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as children to temporarily avoid deportation and obtain legal work permits.
- Amid constant political caterwauling about the demise of American manufacturing, Japanese automakers like Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM), Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC) and Nissan Motor Co. (Tokyo: 7201) are gradually bringing manufacturing jobs to North America by building new factories and adding extra shifts to meet resurgent demand in the U.S. automotive market.
- Highlights of the Olympic soccer final between Mexico and Brazil from Wembley.
- Former Cuban president Fidel Castro celebrates his 86th birthday on Monday.
- Leading members of the Group of 20 nations are prepared to trigger an emergency meeting to tackle soaring grain prices caused by the worst U.S. drought in half a century and poor crops from the Black Sea bread basket.
- Having failed to get the U.S. Justice Department to press contempt charges against Attorney General Eric Holder, House Republicans are planning to file a civil contempt lawsuit against him.
Chelsea vs. Manchester City: Watch Live Stream Online of the Community Shield; Prediction, Probable Lineups, PreviewWatch live coverage of the FA Community Shield between Chelsea and Manchester City, plus a full preview, prediction and team news.
- It was the second-to-last day of the Olympics, and it was an eventful one.
- Watch live coverage of the Olympic soccer final between Brazil and Mexico, plus a full preview and prediction.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture slashed its corn-yield forecast for the year as the Food and Agriculture Organization warns of a potential repeat of the 2007-08 global food crisis.
- Kim Kardashian is allegedly so ready to take her relationship with rapper and producer Kanye West to the next level that she has already stopped taking birth control in the hopes to get pregnant, reported In Touch Weekly on Thursday.
- A global hike in food prices last month due to unfavorable weather conditions, compounded by exporting nations placing restrictions and importing nations stockpiling due to concerns over the grain price rally, could lead to a food crisis along the lines of the one that happened in 2007-08, the U.N.'s food agency warned Thursday.
- The defending La Liga champions continue to have a busy summer.
- Now that she’s been touted as a possible running mate for Mitt Romney, pundits are reviving the debate on Condoleezza Rice.