- Local campaigners have compared the potential impact of the mine's effluent to BP's Gulf of Mexico disaster and the Exxon Valdez oil spill, saying the region's fish stocks will become unsellable if the project goes ahead.
- Neymar led Brazil to the gold-medal match in men's soccer.
VIDEO Brazil 3-0 South Korea: Highlights, Match Report; Leandro Damiao Strikes Twice To Ease Brazil into the Olympic FinalWatch highlights and a read a full account of the Olympic soccer semifinal between Brazil and South Korea.
VIDEO Mexico 3-1 Japan: Highlights; El Tri to Play for Gold for First Time in History [Men's Olympic Soccer]Watch highlights and read a full account of the Olympic semifinal between Mexico and Japan at Wembley.
- Watch live coverage of Mexico vs. Japan in the semifinal of the men's Olympic soccer semifinal, plus a full preview and prediction.
- The effects of the drought that has pummeled the U.S. corn belt will be felt for a while, but the grain most affected by it isn't one the world's hungriest depend on to survive.
7 Named As Speakers At 2012 Republican National Convention; Potential VP Contenders Absent From ListSeven people, including Rice, McCain and Martinez, have been confirmed as speakers at the 2012 Republican National Convention. However, none of the people presumed to be vice presidential candidates were on the list.
Tropical Storm Ernesto Strengthens, Expected To Become Hurricane As Early As Tonight; Mexico Issues Hurricane Warning For YucatanTropical Storm Ernesto is expected to become Hurricane Ernesto as early as Monday night as it picks up speed, resulting in a hurricane warning for a portion of Mexico, according to the National Weather Service.
- Tropical Storm Ernesto, the fifth of just six named storms in 2012, has caused nearly a half-dozen cruise ships to scramble their schedules in the Western Caribbean.
- Everyone knows it is hard to make it into the Olympic Games, but it may be just as hard to stay. Sprinter Kim Collins, representing St. Kitts and Nevis, said he has been banned from competing in the men's 100-meter dash because he spent a night -- or three -- outside officially sanctioned dormitories in London's Olympic Village.
Jennifer Aniston’s Shorts And Braless Look On Set: 5 Other Celebs That Sizzle In Shorts This Summer [PHOTOS]Jennifer Aniston has certainly come a long way from the quirky role of Rachel Green on “Friends.” On Thursday the actress showed off her tan legs with style, sporting a pair of roughed-up skimpy shorts on the set of her new movie “We Are the Millers.”
Team GB vs. South Korea: Watch Live Stream Online of Great Britain In Olympic Football Quarterfinal; Prediction, PreviewWatch live coverage of Great Britain against South Korea in the quarterfinals of the men's Olympic football competition, plus a full preview and prediction.
Tropical Storm Florence Joins 2012 Hurricane Season: Photos Of Debby, Ernesto And Other Storms This YearTropical Storm Florence formed on Saturday, joining Tropical Storm Ernesto, as the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season began to take shape. The two storms have moved westward on paths that could bring them to the coastal United States.
- Reality star Kim Kardashian shows that you do not have to count every calorie to have one of Hollywood's most enviable bodies.
- The Canadian province of Quebec is set for an election on Sept. 4 that will pit pro-federalist Liberal Party, which currently holds a majority in the National Assembly, against the pro-separatist Parti Quebecois.
- Four senior Mexican army officers are being accused of ties to organized crime. It's the most high-profile military corruption case in the past 15 years, and it may spell the end of a anti-drug policy based on letting the military do the work of the police
Ted Cruz?s Victory In Texas Primary Shows Tea Party Alive, Kicking And A Possible Headache For Romney, TooTed Cruz's victory, a significant win for the Tea Party, shows the group is gaining momentum. What thta means is that even a President Romney shouldn't expect "get along" votes from the Republican right wing
- Watch live coverage as Mexico take on Switzerland in the final round of fixtures of the opening phase of the men's Olympic soccer tournament.
- Cocaine use is down in the United States and production is down in Colombia, but is America really winning the war on drugs?
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is attending the South American trading bloc Mercosur summit in Brazil, where his country has been inducted as an official member of the group after a six-year wait. But not every Venezuelan is pleased