Minnie Mouse Gets 'Skinny' Barneys Makeover After The Little Mermaid's Plastic Surgery: Is Altering Disney Character's Bodies Bad For Kids?Barneys has collaborated with Disney in order to create its new window display for the holiday season of 2012, WWD reported.
- Former Florida governor Jeb Bush renewed his call for Republicans to reconsider their immigration platform on Tuesday, warning attendees of a panel discussion that the future of the party is at stake.
- As Hurricane Isaac made its second landfall Wednesday morning at Port Fourchon, La., officials in Plaquemines Parish just south of New Orleans are reporting flooding as deep as 12 feet in some areas that has stranded residents.
Hurricane Isaac 2012: Wave Glider Robot ‘Alex’ Helps Forecast Path, Track and Trajectory of Storm [VIDEO]Hurricane prediction is not always an exact science, but the NOAA is already on the case, developing new ways to forecast the track of hurricanes; in fact, the organization launched one experimental Wave Glider robot named Alex into the ocean weeks ago, hoping the unmanned drone can forecast the direction, path and trajectory of future storms.
- After targeting the U.S. Gulf coast Monday with ponderous rains and strong winds, tropical storm Isaac's path is now directed toward New Orleans with threats of a projected landfall Tuesday night, nearly seven years to the day since Hurricane Katrina wrecked the city.
- Though Isaac is still being classified as a tropical storm, many are comparing it to Hurricane Katrina considering it is expected to make landfall near New Orleans and on the seventh anniversary of the devastating storm.
- As residents are deciding whether to evacuate Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, Tropical Storm Isaac is forecast to strengthen into a hurricane over the eastern Gulf of Mexico. Here are some ways you can prepare for the storm.
- At least one major refiner, BP PLC (NYSE: BP), has said it is shutting down production in the region. Production shutdowns can lead to price spikes at the pump fairly quickly.
Tropical Storm Isaac 2012: Evacuations Ordered In Three Gulf Coast States, Hurricane Path 'Identical To Katrina'Resident in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama were told to evacuate their Gulf Coast homes on Monday in the midst of Hurrican Isaac. The governors of the three states each declared an emergency, with Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley ordering mandatory evacuations for residents who live along the coast and for those in some low-lying areas inland.
Tropical Storm Isaac’s Path Across Southern Florida Cancels 1,000 Flights, Keeps Cruise Ships At SeaTropical Storm Isaac’s path across Southern Florida and into the Gulf of Mexico has wreaked havoc in the skies, forcing more than 1,000 cancellations and counting.
- As the Republican National Convention (RNC) grapples with revised schedule of events owing to Tropical Storm Isaac that struck Florida Sunday and is heading toward Gulf of Mexico, the convention venue, Tampa seems have revised fortunes for Mitt Romney in several ways.
- After lashing South Florida with heavy rain and strong wind Sunday, tropical storm Isaac is now heading northwestward into the Gulf of Mexico, posing a threat to the U.S. offshore oil production.
- With the approach of Tropical Storm Isaac in the Gulf of Mexico, about 24.2 percent of the gulf's daily oil production and about 8.2 percent of its daily natural-gas production has been shut-in, according to estimates of the U.S. Interior Department's Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement.
- Tropical Storm Isaac began ravishing Florida on Sunday as the storm's path moved up from Cuba and into the Florida Keys. The tropical storm is expected to become a hurricane soon as it travels into the Gulf Coast, near New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Tropical Storm Isaac approached hurricane strength as descended on the Florida Keys Sunday, but its course appeared to veering away from Tampa, site of the Republican National Convention, and toward the northern Gulf Coast.
- Tropical Storm Isaac approached hurricane strength as descended on the Florida Keys Sunday, and forecasters warned it could become a dangerous Category 2 hurricane on an expected track toward the northern Gulf Coast.
- The road to recovery for New Orleans has been as long and winding as the Mississippi River that snakes through town, but the people of this city are ready for the world to see what they've known for a while: The place is vital again.
- Two U.S. Embassy employees were shot at by the Mexican Federal Police Friday when their vehicle entered an area on the outskirts of Mexico City that was frequented by drug cartels, common criminals and leftist rebels in the past.
- The domain names for Demonoid are no longer available for sale. Legal issues are keeping Sedo from allowing users to bid on the domains.