Articles by New Jersey
- Snooki Gets Box Of Congratulatory Cannolis From Anderson Cooper
August 28 2012 4:41 PM
Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi got a box of Italian pastries from Anderson Cooper as a congratulatory gift for giving birth to son Lorenzo Dominic LaValle on Sunday, according to omg! Yahoo News.
- Those Aren't Real! Victoria's Secret Selling Knockoffs: Lawsuit
August 28 2012 3:21 PM
Victoria's Secret has been selling knockoff hosiery, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday by Zephyrs against parent company Limited Brands Inc. (NYSE: LTD)
- Chris Christie: If Mitt Romney Chooses To Open Up To Americans, All Else Is In His Favor
August 28 2012 11:48 AM
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who will be delivering the keynote address at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday, said he believes Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney can win the election and that people will get to know the candidate more in coming days.
- GOP Convention: In Tuesday's Speakers, Different Faces Of The Party
August 28 2012 10:18 AM
One man has struggled to rein in a fractious tea party wing of his party, another harnessed those tea party-affiliated voters to become Mitt Romney's most formidable challenger, and the last could be standing where Romney is in 2016.
- Hurricanes Vs. Bobby Jindal: GOP Rising Star To Miss Convention Again
August 27 2012 3:14 PM
As Republican delegates nervously track Tropical Storm Isaac's path for signs the storm could sweep across Tampa, Jindal will remain in his home state of Louisiana to oversee its response to yet another major storm.
- Chris Christie Nixed Romney's VP Sport For Fear Of Loss: NY Post
August 27 2012 12:54 PM
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie didn't want to give up his position to run with Mitt Romney because he feared they would lose, the New York Post reported, citing tax returns and foreign gaffes among other factors
- Jersey Shore's Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi Gives Birth To Baby Boy, Lorenzo Dominic
August 26 2012 11:13 AM
Look out world, Snooki is a mom. The Jersey Shore star Nicole Polizzi and her fiancé Jionni LaValle welcomed son Lorenzo Dominic at 3 a.m. Sunday, according to MTV.
- Sacramento Kings Not Moving to Virginia Beach, Joe Maloof Disputes Report
August 23 2012 2:27 PM
Sacramento Kings owner Joe Maloof says the organization has not spoken to Virginia Beach about relocating the team.
- Obese Americans: The Most Neglected And Despised ‘Minority Group’
August 23 2012 6:53 AM
All told, the number of ‘fat’ Americans far surpasses those of any racial, ethnic or religious minority.
- Republican Convention 2012: Gay Tampa Bathhouse Offering Free 'Dark Room' To RNC Members
August 22 2012 4:35 PM
Gay GOPers planning on attending next week's Republican National Convention in Tampa can get their freak on for free courtesy of the Ybor Resort And Spa.
- Little League World Series 2012: Watch FREE Live Stream Online, Preview for Aug. 20 Games
August 20 2012 12:36 PM
Five 2012 Little League World Series games are scheduled for Aug.20. Here?s how to watch a free live stream online for each contest.
- GM To Recall 249,260 Mid-Size SUVs To Correct Potenial Fire Hazard
August 20 2012 9:11 AM
General Motors Co (NYSE: GM) will recall 249,260 mid-size sport utility vehicles to correct a potential fire hazard, a U.S. government safety agency said.
- Formula One Race Car Speeds Through NY's Lincoln Tunnel; David Coulthard Reaches 190MPH Under Hudson River [VIDEO]
August 17 2012 4:40 PM
At roughly one-and-a-half mile long, driving through New York's Lincoln Tunnel during rush hour could take an everyday commuter an average of 15-20 minutes. But if you're Scottish former Formula One racing driver David Coulthard, the trip is apparently not as long.
- Failed Brokerage CEO Jon Corzine Likely To Dodge Criminal Charges
August 16 2012 10:55 AM
Poor risk control, not fraud, was the reason for the disappearance of $1 billion during the collapse of MF Global.
- Powerball, August 15, 2012 Numbers Purchased In Lapeer, Michigan; $337 Million Jackpot Yet To Be Claimed
August 16 2012 8:59 AM
The winning numbers for the Powerball, August 15 drawing will reportedly make someone in Lapeer, Michigan, a very rich person according to lottery officials. The winning ticket for the estimated $337 million Powerball jackpot was purchased at a Sunoco gas station in the Michigan town, but the lucky person has yet to be identified.
- India Celebrates 66th Independence Day (PHOTOS)
August 15 2012 4:58 AM
India Wednesday celebrated its 66th Independence Day with gaiety and fervor. The celebrations were held in offices, colleges and schools across the country with cultural programs.
- A Podium As Bait-And-Switch: Chris Christie’s Moment As GOP Convention Keynote Speaker
August 14 2012 6:23 PM
Chris Christie will deliver the keynote address in two weeks at the Republican National Convention. Many consider the primo speaking a launching point into national prominence. But Christie already garnered attention. So why did the Republican National Committee pick him? The answer may lie in the 2004 Democratic National Convention. And the results may not bode well for Mitt Romney.
- Candy Crowley Will Be First Female Debate Moderator In 20 Years; Is it Too Little Too Late?
August 13 2012 6:44 PM
Candy Crowley, anchor of CNN’s “State of the Union,” will be the first woman to moderate a Presidential debate in 20 years, the Commission on Presidential Debates announced Monday morning. PBS’s Jim Lehrer, and CBS’s Bob Schieffer will also be moderating the three debates with Crowley, while Martha Raddatz from ABC will moderate the vice presidential debate.
- Joe Kubert, Comic Artist And Legend, Dead At 85
August 13 2012 11:24 AM
Joe Kubert, legendary comic artist, has passed away at age 85, reports NJ.com. Kubert, the winner of multiple awards including the prestigious Harvey and Eisner awards, would have been 86 in three weeks.
- The Bald Truth: How Nazi Skinheads Co-Opted A Youth Subculture
August 11 2012 1:04 PM
Wade Michael Page, the 40-year-old alleged killer, had been involved with white-supremacist hate groups for at least a decade. His arms and torso were swaddled with tattoos, many containing racist and neo-Nazi symbolism. He played bass in a white-power hardcore band called End Apathy. He was angry, frustrated, disillusioned. He was also a skinhead -- but that almost goes without saying.