- Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi got a box of Italian pastries from Anderson Cooper as a congratulatory gift for giving birth to son Lorenzo Dominic LaValle on Sunday, according to omg! Yahoo News.
- Victoria's Secret has been selling knockoff hosiery, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday by Zephyrs against parent company Limited Brands Inc. (NYSE: LTD)
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who will be delivering the keynote address at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday, said he believes Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney can win the election and that people will get to know the candidate more in coming days.
- One man has struggled to rein in a fractious tea party wing of his party, another harnessed those tea party-affiliated voters to become Mitt Romney's most formidable challenger, and the last could be standing where Romney is in 2016.
- As Republican delegates nervously track Tropical Storm Isaac's path for signs the storm could sweep across Tampa, Jindal will remain in his home state of Louisiana to oversee its response to yet another major storm.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie didn't want to give up his position to run with Mitt Romney because he feared they would lose, the New York Post reported, citing tax returns and foreign gaffes among other factors
- Look out world, Snooki is a mom. The Jersey Shore star Nicole Polizzi and her fiancé Jionni LaValle welcomed son Lorenzo Dominic at 3 a.m. Sunday, according to MTV.
- Sacramento Kings owner Joe Maloof says the organization has not spoken to Virginia Beach about relocating the team.
- All told, the number of ‘fat’ Americans far surpasses those of any racial, ethnic or religious minority.
- Gay GOPers planning on attending next week's Republican National Convention in Tampa can get their freak on for free courtesy of the Ybor Resort And Spa.
- Five 2012 Little League World Series games are scheduled for Aug.20. Here?s how to watch a free live stream online for each contest.
- General Motors Co (NYSE: GM) will recall 249,260 mid-size sport utility vehicles to correct a potential fire hazard, a U.S. government safety agency said.
Formula One Race Car Speeds Through NY's Lincoln Tunnel; David Coulthard Reaches 190MPH Under Hudson River [VIDEO]At roughly one-and-a-half mile long, driving through New York's Lincoln Tunnel during rush hour could take an everyday commuter an average of 15-20 minutes. But if you're Scottish former Formula One racing driver David Coulthard, the trip is apparently not as long.
- Poor risk control, not fraud, was the reason for the disappearance of $1 billion during the collapse of MF Global.
Powerball, August 15, 2012 Numbers Purchased In Lapeer, Michigan; $337 Million Jackpot Yet To Be ClaimedThe winning numbers for the Powerball, August 15 drawing will reportedly make someone in Lapeer, Michigan, a very rich person according to lottery officials. The winning ticket for the estimated $337 million Powerball jackpot was purchased at a Sunoco gas station in the Michigan town, but the lucky person has yet to be identified.
- India Wednesday celebrated its 66th Independence Day with gaiety and fervor. The celebrations were held in offices, colleges and schools across the country with cultural programs.
- Chris Christie will deliver the keynote address in two weeks at the Republican National Convention. Many consider the primo speaking a launching point into national prominence. But Christie already garnered attention. So why did the Republican National Committee pick him? The answer may lie in the 2004 Democratic National Convention. And the results may not bode well for Mitt Romney.
- Candy Crowley, anchor of CNN’s “State of the Union,” will be the first woman to moderate a Presidential debate in 20 years, the Commission on Presidential Debates announced Monday morning. PBS’s Jim Lehrer, and CBS’s Bob Schieffer will also be moderating the three debates with Crowley, while Martha Raddatz from ABC will moderate the vice presidential debate.
- Wade Michael Page, the 40-year-old alleged killer, had been involved with white-supremacist hate groups for at least a decade. His arms and torso were swaddled with tattoos, many containing racist and neo-Nazi symbolism. He played bass in a white-power hardcore band called End Apathy. He was angry, frustrated, disillusioned. He was also a skinhead -- but that almost goes without saying.