Articles by New Jersey
- Vanilla Ice ?Dies In A Car Crash,? Truth Or Another Twitter Death Rumor?
June 19 2012 11:10 AM
It's been nearly two decades since Vanilla Ice's debut in the music world, but a rumor began on Monday that the rapper died in a car crash. True, or just another Twitter death hoax?
- Mitt Romney's Wawa Gaffe: Is He Out Of Touch? [VIDEO]
June 18 2012 4:43 PM
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was blown away by the sandwiches at WaWas, repeatedly mispronouncing the Pennsylvania-based supermarket chain's name as he recounted his first time visiting a WaWa during a campaign stop in Cornwall, Pa. Is the former Massachusetts governor out of touch?
- 'That's My Boy' Movie Review Roundup: Critics Pile On Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg
June 16 2012 12:03 PM
Adam Sandler was once the epicenter of the comedy universe, but about 15 years after his heyday (e.g., Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore, arguably his two greatest hits), Sandler's grip on the funny bone in today's youth has loosened considerably. Sandler attempts to pass the comedy torch in That's My Boy, in which the New York-born star and former SNL comic shares the spotlight with fellow Jewish comic Andy Samberg, SNL's current an up-and-comer, as the two pla...
- Phillie Phanatic Sued For Throwing Pa. Woman Into Pool At Golden Inn Hotel And Resort
June 13 2012 4:42 PM
The Phillie Phanatic has been a staple to one of Pennsylvania's popular baseball team, the Phillies, since it was first introduced in 1978. However, now the large, green creature will find himself in the courtroom after Suzanne Peirce, of Abington, Pennsylvania, filed paperwork to sue the mascot after he tossed her into a pool.
- What 'Goodfellas' Got Wrong
June 13 2012 12:17 PM
Goodfellas was the greatest gangster movie ever made, but it took a lot of creative license when it came to its characters.
- US Minimum Wage Hikes - Helping Or Hurting Workers?
June 12 2012 4:07 PM
The debate over minimum wages -- does raising the minimum wage put more money in workers' pockets or just leave more of them jobless? -- is heating up at the state and federal level.
- LA Kings' Stanley Cup Victory Concludes Historic Playoff Run
June 12 2012 2:42 PM
After 45 years, the Los Angeles Kings can now claim their place in history as Stanley Cup champions.
- Yacht Explosion Near Sandy Hook, N.J. Believed To Be A Hoax, Coast Guard Offering Reward For Information
June 12 2012 11:01 AM
After several hours of searching, authorities were unable to find any sign that a yacht exploded in the Atlantic Ocean off of Sandy Hook, N.J., which led investigators to believe a distress call was a hoax.
- Los Angeles Kings vs. New Jersey Devils: Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction for Game 6
June 11 2012 5:49 PM
The Devils are just two wins away from making NHL history.
- Supply Chain Theft A Growing Problem For Retailers
June 11 2012 4:38 PM
Here's a window into how low the bad guys will stoop to steal retail inventory: Last week in California, 1,600 pounds of premium dog food, a $10,000 cargo on its way to feed animals at a local pet rescue facility, was stolen.
- Deena Cortese Arrested: 'Jersey Shore' Star Released From Jail After 'Appearing Intoxicated' and 'Slapping Cars'
June 11 2012 10:41 AM
Deena Cortese has been released from jail after the Jersey Shore star was arrested on June 10. A disheveled Deena Nicole Cortese was seen exiting a police station in Seaside Heights, NJ on Sunday afternoon -- with her mother and father after having been hauled in by authorities for an alleged incident that took place over the weekend.
- VIDEO Argentina 4-3 Brazil: Highlights As Lionel Messi Scores Stunning Hat-trick In New Jersey
June 09 2012 6:06 PM
Watch highlights of an action-packed friendly between Argentina and Brazil in New Jersey.
- Los Angeles Kings vs. New Jersey Devils Live Stream: Preview, Prediction, And Where To Watch Saturday's Stanley Cup Finals Game Five
June 09 2012 12:48 PM
The Kings and Devils drop the puck on the Stanley Cup Finals game five tonight at 8 p.m. ET. The Kings lead 3-1.
- Mega Millions Lawsuit Has Coworkers From Pita Pan Bakery Fighting Over $118 million
June 08 2012 5:17 PM
In Cook County, there are now four pending lawsuits filed by employees of a suburban Chicago Heights bakery who claims that they were deprived of chance to buy into a pool of lottery tickets that won the grand prize of $118 million.
- Taylor Stevens, Porn Star, Distracts Devils Coach Peter DeBoer At Stanley Cup Final Playoffs [VIDEO]
June 08 2012 11:55 AM
There was quite a stir at the Stanley Cup final game four on Wednesday, but not because of the New Jersey Devils' 3-1 victory over the L.A. Kings in the playoffs, but rather a viral video of porn star Taylor Stevens distracting coach Peter DeBoer from behind the glass. NBC cameras caught video footage of coach DeBoer looking up at the scoreboard. Problem is, the cameramen panned far enough to the left to include Stevens' breasts pressed up against the glass, something DeBoer appear...
- Charlie Sheen Kicked out of Kings Game, Curses at Female Security Guard [VIDEO]
June 07 2012 2:03 PM
Charlie Sheen lashed out at security on Wednesday when he wasn't allowed inside STAPLES Center to watch the Kings take on the Devils.
- Space Shuttle Enterprise Docks At New York?s Intrepid Museum: How & When You Can See It
June 07 2012 12:59 PM
Space shuttle Enterprise took its final journey Wednesday to its retirement home on a floating museum off the western edge of New York City and you can check it out in person in just over a month's time.
- New York Beats Virginia Beach, Miami and New Orleans As Area At Highest Property Risk From Hurricanes
June 07 2012 11:41 AM
NYC's metropolitan area is at risk for billions in hurricane-driven storm surge damage.
- NYC Properties At High Risk of Hurricane Losses
June 07 2012 9:07 AM
When people think of hurricane damage they usually think of Miami or New Orleans, but a new report suggests the greatest financial risk of all may be much farther north: the greater New York City area.
- Muslims Sue Lazy NY Police Over Spying Program
June 06 2012 3:31 PM
A group of New Jersey Muslims is suing the New York Police Department over a wide-ranging Muslim surveillance initiative first diclosed by the Associated Press earlier this year.