- The Belarus star shined against error-prone Maria Sharapova.
- The Department of Homeland Security jokingly issued a warning to people in the path of a disaster to prepare as though there's a zombie apocalypse on the horizon. The warning comes in the wake of the cannibal attacks earlier this summer and Hurricane Isaac.
- Shepard Fairey, the artist behind the famous 2008 "HOPE" poster of President Barack Obama, was sentenced to two years of probation (which includes 300 hours of community service) and fined $25,000 in a New York Court on Friday.
- Dubai International is rapidly becoming a major international connection. For ailing Qantas Airways Limited (ASX: QAN) the move of its European hub from Singapore to the UAE will help lower the cost of shuttling travelers back and forth between Melbourne or Sydney and London.
- Uber Technologies, the private developer of a smartphone app that matches cabdrivers with passengers, drove over a gigantic pothole when it tried to launch in New York City this week: the venerable Taxi and Limousine Commission.
US Open Tennis 2012: Watch Live Stream Online of Sharapova vs. Azarenka, Williams vs. Errani; Prediction, PreviewWatch live coverage of the women's semifinals from the US Open, plus get a full preview and prediction of both contests.
- The first day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York was a stellar start to the introduction of the Spring 2013 collections despite the MTV VMA awards taking place simultaneously at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Germany is currently seeing better-than-predicted GDP growth, low unemployment, and steady prices. Surprisingly, economists say a recession is around the corner.
- Each team makes there 2012 NFL debut this weekend. Here are some predictions for division winners, Super Bowl matchup, MVP and a complete season preview.
- Apple is all set to unveil its next-generation smartphone next Wednesday, but when can we expect to see the iPhone 5 on store shelves? Reports for the last several months have pegged Friday, Sept. 21 as the new iPhone's alleged release date, and a new report released Friday gives more credence to the rumors.
- Amber Rose, a model and Smirnoff spokeswoman, confirmed pregnancy rumors last night at the MTV VMA Awards. She is engaged to "Work Hard, Play Hard" rappper Wiz Khalifa
- I have never been certain if tipping was simply a 'courtesy' or the 'law.'
- Fasten your seat belts -- er, harnesses -- because BCBG MAXAZRIA went boudoir bondage in the theatre Thursday at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York, each look in the Spring 2013 collection complete with leather harnesses, BDSM-style.
Tadashi Shoji Spring 2013 Collection Travels East To West Along The Silk Road At New York Fashion WeekDesigner Tadashi Shoji presented his Spring 2013 collection inspired by a journey from West to East and back again along the modern silk road at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York on Sept. 6, 2012.
- Snapshots of Adele's baby bump were taken last week and excitement over the Grammy-winning songstress soared. Last year Adele stunned the audience at the MTV VMAs with her stellar performance, but will the public debut of her baby bump do the same this year?
- If you can’t make it to California, why not swirl your glass a little closer to home.