- Chris Benz Experiments With ‘Pretty’ And ‘Scary’ For Spring 2013 At New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
September 11 2012 11:58 PM
Pretty scary or scarily pretty was the choice revelers had to make after the Chris Benz presentation on Monday at Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York.
- A Decade Later, Airlines Could Lose Billions In 9/11 Lawsuit
September 11 2012 5:49 PM
Damages in a lawsuit filed against American Airlines (PINK:AAMRQ), United Airlines (NYSE:UAL) and other companies in connection to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks could total upward of $2.8 billion.
- Designer of the Year Carolina Herrera Debuts Spring 2013 Collection at New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
September 11 2012 4:51 PM
Carolina Herrera, who was awarded Designer of the Year Wednesday night at the 9th Annual Style Awards, debuted her ultra flirty and glamorously feminine Spring 2013 collection at New York Fashion Week on Monday. Entitled "Timeless Influence," the Venezuelan designer utilized fine materials like gauze, organza, silk and Georgette with abstract geometric prints.
- Google, Boingo Expand Wi-Fi Partnership With Another 4,000 Hotspots: What This Means For The Future Business Of Wireless Providers
September 11 2012 4:33 PM
Google Inc. and Boingo Wireless Inc., made another bold move Tuesday to position themselves as a prominent resource for wireless services by establishing another 4,000 mobile hotspots across the United States. As a promotional event to advertise the new expanded partnership with the companies are also making Wi-Fi free in all the new locations "through the end of September," Boingo said in a statement.
- Trade Magazines Struggle To Stay Relevant: Why Digital May Not Be The Only Answer
September 11 2012 4:23 PM
Once indefensible, industry trades have seen their influence diminish in recent years. Trade magazines such as Variety, the Hollywood Reporter, Backstage and Advertising Age have all tried different ways to cope with a migration of readers from print to the Web.
- Re-Watch The First 'Daily Show' Jon Stewart Did After September 11, 2001
September 11 2012 4:06 PM
Jon Stewart offered a moving speech when "The Daily Show" went back on the air after a period of not filming in the wake of the attacks of September 11, 2001, which rocked New York City, where the show is filmed and more than 2,000 people died that fated morning.
- 9/11 Health Toll Still Hazy After 11 Years
September 11 2012 4:00 PM
Between 40,000 and 90,000 emergency workers and volunteers spent time sifting through the remains at Ground Zero, and were exposed to toxic materials that have been blamed for a range of respiratory illnesses and other ailments.
- NFL Power Rankings 2012: Patriots, 49ers Top List of Best Teams after Week 1
September 11 2012 3:50 PM
The 2012 NFL Season is finally underway. The Patriots and 49ers top the NFL power rankings, for all 32 teams, through Week 1.
- Flat Burberry Sales Pull High-End Brands Down
September 11 2012 2:43 PM
After London-based Burberry Group PLC (LON: BRBY) reported flat comparable-store sales for its second quarter, market watchers are trying to digest cross signals in the luxury goods market.
- Scott Van Duzer, Florida Pizzeria Owner Who Gave Obama Bear Hug, Becomes Internet Sensation [PHOTO]
September 11 2012 2:10 PM
A day ago, Scott Van Duzer was just another pizzeria owner. Today he's the talk of the Internet and the country, known as that guy who gave a bear hug to President Obama.
- One World Trade: Film And TV Producers Navigate New York’s Rapidly Changing Skyline
September 11 2012 12:47 PM
Although still unfinished, One World Trade Center is now the most prominent building in the New York City skyline, leaving film and TV producers with a particular challenge: How do they deal with a skyline that changes by the day?
- New Somali President Mohamed Squares Off Against The 21-Year Curse
September 11 2012 12:44 PM
Hassan Sheik Mohamud was just elected president of the volatile country of Somalia. With a new constitution and parliament behind him, it's full steam ahead. But can he reverse the country's 21-year curse of failed statehood?
- Floyd Mayweather Wins $100K Bet on Chargers, Wagers Half Million on Cowboys and Falcons
September 11 2012 12:22 PM
Floyd Mayweather won a $100,000 bet on the Chargers win against the Raiders. He also bet on the Dallas Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons this past weekend.
- Kodak: With Firings, Asset Sales, Company Should Emerge Trimmer, Expert Says
September 11 2012 12:10 PM
Eastman Kodak (Pink: EKDKQ) will win court approval to ax more people and sell units, a veteran bankruptcy lawyer said. But it won't get anything near full price for the units as well as for 1,100 patents that interest Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) and Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) because of the stain of bankruptcy.
- NFL Week 2 Fantasy Additions Beyond Dallas Cowboy Kevin Ogletree
September 11 2012 12:04 PM
Fantasy owners can find each of these players on their league's waiver wire or as free agents.
- NFL 2012 Week 2 Lines: Point Spreads, Totals and Complete Betting Odds from Las Vegas
September 11 2012 11:18 AM
Here are the complete betting lines for all the 2012 NFL Week 2 games, including the point spreads and totals. These are the consensus odds from multiple sportsbooks in Las Vegas.
- Volt A 'Technology Masterpiece,' Not A Loss-Leader: Bob Lutz, Former GM Exec
September 11 2012 11:04 AM
A former high-level General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) executive -- widely considered to be the godfather of the company's foray into electric-vehicle production --struck back Tuesday at the assertion the carmaker might be losing nearly $50,000 on each one of the signature Volt plug-in vehicles the firm has sold so far.
- Would There Have Beeen A 9/11 Attack Had Bush Administration Acted Sooner On CIA Warnings?
September 11 2012 10:52 AM
As the nation remembers the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, a report in the New York Times states that there were some activities the summer before the attacks that would have looked suspicious had the administration taken the warnings more seriously.
- Wii U Release Date And Price To Be Revealed This Week, Will The Rumors And Leaks Be Correct?
September 11 2012 10:33 AM
The release date and price for Nintendo’s next-generation Wii U are expected to be unveiled this Thursday at a press event in New York. Nintendo has confirmed that the European launch details for the Wii U will also be announced on that day.
- Remembering September 11, 2001: Schedule of Events
September 11 2012 10:24 AM
This Tuesday, on the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, New York City will host a roster of memorial events throughout the day. Unlike in previous years, when politicians and public figures often spoke at the memorial and participated in the reading of the nearly 3,000 names of victims who perished in the attacks, the central New York City ceremony will only feature the families of the victims. According to Reuters, this new restriction was put in place...