- While you are starting to dig out your shearling for the upcoming cold weather, the fashion crowd is already planning their spring wardrobes based on the range of looks that have been showcased during New York Fashion Week. To help sort through the barrage of images flooding your feeds, we broke out the most important trends to give you a head start.
- Evening gowns that evoke a sense of motorcycle-chic toughness? Reem Acra, the same designer known for elegant bridal gowns, made the impossible possible on Monday afternoon at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York with her Spring 2013 collection inspired by Aaron Young's motorcycle series.
- Designer Donna Karan sent her DKNY Spring 2013 collection down the runway on Monday, evoking a downtown understated cool sensibility her urban line is best known for.
- As Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is more than halfway over, check out which stylish celebrities are front row for day five of the Spring 2013 season in New York.
- The New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the budgetary row that caused the delay in the opening of the National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center has been resolved and the construction of the museum will resume soon.
- The Hungarian government has filed formal war crimes charges against former Communist Interior Minister Bela Biszku, who is nearly 91 years old. If found guilty, Biszku could potentially spend the rest of his life in jail.
- In 1974, when the towers were brand new, a young French street artist took New York by storm when he walked on a wire between them. Today he reminisces on that feat, talks about his myriad projects, and explains why One World Trade Center just isn't the same thing.
- Andy Murray finally ends his country's 76 year long wait for a major Tennis title as he won over Novak Djokovic at the U.S. Open final, Monday. He is the first Briton to win a grand slam singles title in the modern era. The last British who won a grand Slam was Fred Perry in 1936. He had won U.S. Championships the predecessor of US open then.
Zac Posen Makes Naomi Campbell, Coco Rocha Runway Debutantes For Spring 2013 New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS]Zac Posen enlisted supermodel friends Naomi Campbell and Coco Rocha to walk the runway in his Spring 2012 show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York inspired by "the great elegant women that inhabit our Earth."
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health has recognized about 50 forms of cancer as byproducts of being near Ground Zero during and in the months following 9/11. That opens the door to monitoring and treatment for survivors, first responders and nearby residents.
- Bill Moggridge, inventor and designer of the first laptop, died on Sept. 8, 2012. He died from cancer at the age of 69, according to an announcement by the Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, where he worked as director.
- Proofpoint Inc. (Nasdaq: PFPT), the security software developer that conducted an April IPO, is confident it can beat bigger rivals like Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) in the market because it uses the cloud, offers lower cost of ownership and is spending cash to devise new products. So far, none of its accounts has been successfully cyberattacked, said CEO Gary Steele.
- French billionaire Bernard Arnault is seeking Belgian citizenship just as France's Socialist President Hollande sets out to raise taxes on the wealthy, raising fears about a mass exodus of French investors and jobs creators.
Sept. 11 Anniversary: What Is The Status Of Rebuilding Ground Zero And The New World Trade Center? [PHOTO]This Tuesday marks 11 years since the attack that destroyed the original World Trade Center in New York City. In the time since that horrific day, a new multibillion-dollar World Trade Center, led by the rising 1 WTC tower, is dominating the Lower Manhattan skyline.
- The surprise wedding between Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds took even the most avid star-gazers by surprise.
Sept. 11 Anniversary: Iconic Pictures Of The World Trade Center, Ground Zero, Past Memorials And The Freedom Tower [PHOTOS]The Sept. 11 attacks changed the landscape of New York City forever. Before 9/11, you could view the World Trade Center towers by crossing the Brooklyn Bridge or hitching a ride on the Staten Island Ferry.
US Open Men’s Final 2012: Watch Live Stream Online of Djokovic vs. Murray; Start Time, Prediction, PreviewWatch live coverage of the US Open men's final as Novak Djokovic takes on Andy Murray, plus a full preview and prediction.
- The twin towers of New York's World Trade Center destroyed on Sept. 11, 2001 were designed by Japanese-American architect Minoru Yamasaki. Just before he started work on it, he designed Robertson Hall, home of the Woodrow Wilson School, on the Princeton University campus. which has an uncanny resemblance to its former associates.