Articles by New York
- Morning Gasoline Market Report 9/11
September 11 2012 10:22 AM
October RBOB prices were slightly higher during the initial morning hours but came off their high of the day ahead of the US opening. Meanwhile, October RBOB drafts a measure of support on tight supply conditions in New York, but that is expected ease in coming weeks as flows make their way out of the Gulf region and European shipments arrive.
- New York Fashion Week Spring 2013 Trend Round-Up
September 11 2012 9:35 AM
While you are starting to dig out your shearling for the upcoming cold weather, the fashion crowd is already planning their spring wardrobes based on the range of looks that have been showcased during New York Fashion Week. To help sort through the barrage of images flooding your feeds, we broke out the most important trends to give you a head start.
- Reem Acra Evokes Bad Biker Girl Vibe For Spring 2013 At New York Fashion Week
September 11 2012 8:58 AM
Evening gowns that evoke a sense of motorcycle-chic toughness? Reem Acra, the same designer known for elegant bridal gowns, made the impossible possible on Monday afternoon at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York with her Spring 2013 collection inspired by Aaron Young's motorcycle series.
- DKNY By Donna Karan Is Cool New Yorker For Spring 2013 At New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
September 11 2012 8:33 AM
Designer Donna Karan sent her DKNY Spring 2013 collection down the runway on Monday, evoking a downtown understated cool sensibility her urban line is best known for.
- New York Fashion Week: Ashley Greene, Kylie Jenner Show Up For Day Five [PHOTOS]
September 11 2012 8:26 AM
As Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is more than halfway over, check out which stylish celebrities are front row for day five of the Spring 2013 season in New York.
- 9/11 Memorial: Budgetary Row Resolved, Construction Of September 11 Memorial Museum To Resume Soon
September 11 2012 6:27 AM
The New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the budgetary row that caused the delay in the opening of the National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center has been resolved and the construction of the museum will resume soon.
- Fifty-Six Years Later, Hungary Arrests Ex-Communist Minister For War Crimes
September 11 2012 6:16 AM
The Hungarian government has filed formal war crimes charges against former Communist Interior Minister Bela Biszku, who is nearly 91 years old. If found guilty, Biszku could potentially spend the rest of his life in jail.
- Philippe Petit, The Man Who Walked Between Twin Towers, Says 'Nothing Can Replace Them'
September 11 2012 6:12 AM
In 1974, when the towers were brand new, a young French street artist took New York by storm when he walked on a wire between them. Today he reminisces on that feat, talks about his myriad projects, and explains why One World Trade Center just isn't the same thing.
- US Open Final: Andy Murray’s Winning Moments Against Novak Djokovic (PHOTOS)
September 11 2012 3:30 AM
Andy Murray finally ends his country's 76 year long wait for a major Tennis title as he won over Novak Djokovic at the U.S. Open final, Monday. He is the first Briton to win a grand slam singles title in the modern era. The last British who won a grand Slam was Fred Perry in 1936. He had won U.S. Championships the predecessor of US open then.
- Zac Posen Makes Naomi Campbell, Coco Rocha Runway Debutantes For Spring 2013 New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
September 10 2012 10:16 PM
Zac Posen enlisted supermodel friends Naomi Campbell and Coco Rocha to walk the runway in his Spring 2012 show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York inspired by "the great elegant women that inhabit our Earth."
- 9/11 Museum Revived In Last-Minute Deal
September 10 2012 9:40 PM
Hours before the 11th anniversary of the destruction of the World Trade Center, the dispute that has virtually stalled construction on the 9-11 museum was resolved, officials said Monday evening.
- 9/11 Cancer Link Finally Recognized, But Funds For Responders And Volunteers May Be Lacking
September 10 2012 6:42 PM
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health has recognized about 50 forms of cancer as byproducts of being near Ground Zero during and in the months following 9/11. That opens the door to monitoring and treatment for survivors, first responders and nearby residents.
- Cut Sports, Cut Quality Of Life
September 10 2012 3:59 PM
For all of us who grew up with ample access to sports and the arts, it's difficult to see how our school systems have evolved, practically eliminating the character-building program of sports participation.
- Bill Moggridge Dead At 69: How The Inventor Of The First Laptop Changed Computers Forever
September 10 2012 3:58 PM
Bill Moggridge, inventor and designer of the first laptop, died on Sept. 8, 2012. He died from cancer at the age of 69, according to an announcement by the Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, where he worked as director.
- Proofpoint CEO: Cloud-Based Security Software Is Meeting Threats To Major Enterprises
September 10 2012 3:31 PM
Proofpoint Inc. (Nasdaq: PFPT), the security software developer that conducted an April IPO, is confident it can beat bigger rivals like Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) in the market because it uses the cloud, offers lower cost of ownership and is spending cash to devise new products. So far, none of its accounts has been successfully cyberattacked, said CEO Gary Steele.
- J’Accuse! Hasty Critics Blame Hollande As French Billionaire Seeks Belgian Citizenship
September 10 2012 3:21 PM
French billionaire Bernard Arnault is seeking Belgian citizenship just as France's Socialist President Hollande sets out to raise taxes on the wealthy, raising fears about a mass exodus of French investors and jobs creators.
- Sept. 11 Anniversary: What Is The Status Of Rebuilding Ground Zero And The New World Trade Center? [PHOTO]
September 10 2012 3:10 PM
This Tuesday marks 11 years since the attack that destroyed the original World Trade Center in New York City. In the time since that horrific day, a new multibillion-dollar World Trade Center, led by the rising 1 WTC tower, is dominating the Lower Manhattan skyline.
- Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Wed In Surprise ‘Notebook’ Style Ceremony
September 10 2012 2:31 PM
The surprise wedding between Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds took even the most avid star-gazers by surprise.
- Sept. 11 Anniversary: Iconic Pictures Of The World Trade Center, Ground Zero, Past Memorials And The Freedom Tower [PHOTOS]
September 10 2012 2:30 PM
The Sept. 11 attacks changed the landscape of New York City forever. Before 9/11, you could view the World Trade Center towers by crossing the Brooklyn Bridge or hitching a ride on the Staten Island Ferry.
- US Open Men’s Final 2012: Watch Live Stream Online of Djokovic vs. Murray; Start Time, Prediction, Preview
September 10 2012 1:26 PM
Watch live coverage of the US Open men's final as Novak Djokovic takes on Andy Murray, plus a full preview and prediction.