- Miss The World Trade Center? Princeton’s Robertson Hall Remains Reminder
September 10 2012 12:24 PM
The twin towers of New York's World Trade Center destroyed on Sept. 11, 2001 were designed by Japanese-American architect Minoru Yamasaki. Just before he started work on it, he designed Robertson Hall, home of the Woodrow Wilson School, on the Princeton University campus. which has an uncanny resemblance to its former associates.
- Little Fanfare Over U.S.-Afghan Jail Transfer, But Bagram Is A Big Deal
September 10 2012 12:10 PM
Control over a major detention facility at Afghanistan's Bagram Air Base was passed from the U.S. military to the Afghan government in a small ceremony on Monday, a major step in NATO's troop withdrawal and Kabul's progress toward full security independence.
- Where Gay Travelers Are Venturing In 2013
September 10 2012 12:04 PM
New York City tops the list for global LGBT travelers in 2013, but the United States as a whole falls behind another country as most popular destination.
- Anna Wintour Cheers On Serena Williams At U.S. Open Women's Final As She Takes A Break From Fashion Week
September 10 2012 11:45 AM
Vogue magazine editor Anna Wintour took a break from sitting in the front row at New York Fashion Week to watch Serena Williams beat Victoria Azarenka for her fourth U.S. Open tennis title
- NFL Week 1 2012: Peyton Manning, Robert Griffin III Top List of Five Biggest Stories of the Opening Weekend
September 10 2012 11:11 AM
Week 1 one of the 2012 NFL Season is almost over. Here are the five biggest stories of the weekend, including Peyton Manning and Robert Griffin III.
- Reflecting On The Towers: At The Center Of The World
September 10 2012 11:08 AM
Originally viewed in the 1970s as a project that added too much office space to Lower Manhattan, the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center became a symbol not only for New York, but for the United States, for capitalism, for the cosmopolitan / urban life, for modernity itself.
- 'ObamaCare' Led To Record Drop In Uninsured Young Adults Last Year
September 10 2012 11:02 AM
The number of uninsured people between the ages of 19 and 25 fell to its lowest level since 2007.
- Alligators In Brooklyn Apartment Among 13 Beasts Found By Authorities
September 10 2012 11:00 AM
A Brooklyn apartment was found to be the home of two alligators, and eleven other reptiles, as well as several pitbulls, in a recent police search.
- Apple iPhone 5 Event Rumors: Will Thunderbolt Have Its Coming Out Party On iOS?
September 10 2012 10:47 AM
Apple won't discuss products before they're ready for release, but most major news outlets have reported on Apple's plans to slim down the traditional dock connector across its entire family of iOS devices, which includes iPhones, iPads and iPods, from 30 pins to 9 pins. If by some chance this new iOS dock connector is indeed Thunderbolt-friendly, Apple will have finally, successfully made its Thunderbolt investment worthwhile. Apple iPhone 5 Event Rumors: Will Thunderbolt Have Its Comi...
- New York Fashion Week: Sarah Jessica Parker, David Beckham And Other Celebrities At Day Four [PHOTOS]
September 10 2012 10:08 AM
Sunday was not a day of rest for celebrities, who instead of lazing around all day put on their best threads and headed to Lincoln Center for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York.
- Katie Holmes Will Be The New Face of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
September 10 2012 9:45 AM
Katie Holmes appeared in public for the first time since splitting with her ex-husband, Tom Cruise, to present an award at the 2012 Style Awards in New York, and the star, whose career has recently seen a sudden upswing, seems to be about to turn another corner in her life.
- The Energy Report - The Lethargic Universe
September 10 2012 9:05 AM
The whole world is slowing down. Bad data out of Europe and China in the aftermath of a terrible jobs report in the United States has the market living and dying on simulative hopes. With rising gasoline prices and other issues the Fed is going to be the carrier of the world's economic burden this week the Federal Open Market Committee meets and the world once again will be watching.
- Karaoke Killings: A Bizarre Phenomenon In East Asia
September 10 2012 8:44 AM
Confrontations in karaoke parlors have culminated in murderous violence in parts of Asia.
- Syria: Over 20 Killed In Car Bomb Attacks Near Army Compounds In Aleppo
September 10 2012 5:18 AM
Two bombs exploded near army compounds in the Syrian city of Aleppo Sunday night, killing more than 20 people and injuring around 60 of President Bashar al-Assad's forces and residents.
- Crude Oil Futures Decline After US, China Data
September 10 2012 2:48 AM
Crude oil futures slightly declined Monday as weak economic reports from the U.S. and China weighed on the sentiment.
- Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic: A Brief Preview of the 2012 U.S. Open Final
September 10 2012 1:50 AM
Djokovic owns an 8-6 head-to-head advantage over Murray.
- Serena Williams Stages Comeback Against Victoria Azarenka To Win Fourth US Open Title
September 09 2012 9:22 PM
In a difficult battle against the Belarusian Victoria Azarenka, the American Serena Williams came back Sunday to win her fourth U.S. Open women's singles title in a hotly contested three-set match -- 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 -- at Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing Meadows in New York.
- Serena Williams Wins U.S. Open Women's Title On Sunday
September 09 2012 7:52 PM
Serena Williams won the U.S. Open women's singles title at Flushing Meadows in New York on Sunday, beating the world's No. 1 player Victoria Azarenka -- 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 -- in a dramatic final match to capture her 15th career grand slam title.
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs Denver Broncos, Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Betting Odds, Prediction, Peyton Manning Returns to the NFL
September 09 2012 6:06 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers bring their formidable defense to Peyton Manning's new home Sunday night.
- Apple iPad Mini Rumors Recap: 8 Features, Specs We're Expecting At Release [PICTURES]
September 09 2012 4:05 PM
The focus of this week's Apple media event will undoubtedly be the next-generation iPhone, but consumers might be talking tablets rather than phones after this Wednesday's product unveiling. Most news outlets and sources close to the company say Apple will also introduce a new "iPad Mini" to its tablet lineup. We don't know the exact features or specs that Apple has packed into the iPad Mini, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage th...