- Control over a major detention facility at Afghanistan's Bagram Air Base was passed from the U.S. military to the Afghan government in a small ceremony on Monday, a major step in NATO's troop withdrawal and Kabul's progress toward full security independence.
Anna Wintour Cheers On Serena Williams At U.S. Open Women's Final As She Takes A Break From Fashion WeekVogue magazine editor Anna Wintour took a break from sitting in the front row at New York Fashion Week to watch Serena Williams beat Victoria Azarenka for her fourth U.S. Open tennis title
NFL Week 1 2012: Peyton Manning, Robert Griffin III Top List of Five Biggest Stories of the Opening WeekendWeek 1 one of the 2012 NFL Season is almost over. Here are the five biggest stories of the weekend, including Peyton Manning and Robert Griffin III.
- Originally viewed in the 1970s as a project that added too much office space to Lower Manhattan, the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center became a symbol not only for New York, but for the United States, for capitalism, for the cosmopolitan / urban life, for modernity itself.
- The number of uninsured people between the ages of 19 and 25 fell to its lowest level since 2007.
- A Brooklyn apartment was found to be the home of two alligators, and eleven other reptiles, as well as several pitbulls, in a recent police search.
- Apple won't discuss products before they're ready for release, but most major news outlets have reported on Apple's plans to slim down the traditional dock connector across its entire family of iOS devices, which includes iPhones, iPads and iPods, from 30 pins to 9 pins. If by some chance this new iOS dock connector is indeed Thunderbolt-friendly, Apple will have finally, successfully made its Thunderbolt investment worthwhile. Apple iPhone 5 Event Rumors: Will Thunderbolt Have Its Comi...
New York Fashion Week: Sarah Jessica Parker, David Beckham And Other Celebrities At Day Four [PHOTOS]Sunday was not a day of rest for celebrities, who instead of lazing around all day put on their best threads and headed to Lincoln Center for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York.
- Katie Holmes appeared in public for the first time since splitting with her ex-husband, Tom Cruise, to present an award at the 2012 Style Awards in New York, and the star, whose career has recently seen a sudden upswing, seems to be about to turn another corner in her life.
- Confrontations in karaoke parlors have culminated in murderous violence in parts of Asia.
- Two bombs exploded near army compounds in the Syrian city of Aleppo Sunday night, killing more than 20 people and injuring around 60 of President Bashar al-Assad's forces and residents.
- Djokovic owns an 8-6 head-to-head advantage over Murray.
- In a difficult battle against the Belarusian Victoria Azarenka, the American Serena Williams came back Sunday to win her fourth U.S. Open women's singles title in a hotly contested three-set match -- 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 -- at Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing Meadows in New York.
- Serena Williams won the U.S. Open women's singles title at Flushing Meadows in New York on Sunday, beating the world's No. 1 player Victoria Azarenka -- 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 -- in a dramatic final match to capture her 15th career grand slam title.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Denver Broncos, Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Betting Odds, Prediction, Peyton Manning Returns to the NFLThe Pittsburgh Steelers bring their formidable defense to Peyton Manning's new home Sunday night.
- The focus of this week's Apple media event will undoubtedly be the next-generation iPhone, but consumers might be talking tablets rather than phones after this Wednesday's product unveiling. Most news outlets and sources close to the company say Apple will also introduce a new "iPad Mini" to its tablet lineup. We don't know the exact features or specs that Apple has packed into the iPad Mini, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage th...
- The construction of the long-awaited museum at ground zero meant to honor victims of September 11 will not be completed for the upcoming anniversary of the terrorist attack because of a political argument between New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and state Governor Andrew Cuomo, according to the New York Times. The museum opening by 9/11 in 2013 is also in doubt.
- Find out which stylish celebrities are front row for day three of the Spring 2013 New York Fashion Week.