- Asian Stocks Fall On Weak China Data
August 01 2012 12:16 AM
Most of the Asian markets fell Wednesday amid increasing concerns over the slowdown in economic growth in China as the country's manufacturing activity grew at a slower pace in July compared to that in the previous month.
- Samsung To Release Retina Display Tablet: Will It Rival Apple?s iPad? Thinner Bezel, Ice Cream Sandwich, And Other Features To Expect
July 31 2012 10:44 AM
It looks like Apple isn?t the only company rolling out Retina display. Court documents made public in the Apple vs. Samsung trial reveal that the Korea-based company is working on a tablet of its very own that incorporates this display technology.
- How Apple iPhone Turned Resilient Against Several Attempts To Nix It
July 31 2012 8:34 AM
A report published in the Telegraph Media Group Tuesday revealed how the iPhone survived "multiple attempts" to scrap it owing to design flaws.
- Samsung Galaxy Note T-Mobile Variant's Release Date Set For Aug. 8; Device To Cost $250
July 31 2012 7:39 AM
T-Mobile customers will soon get a chance to experience the phone-tablet sensation Samsung Galaxy Note with the S Pen for $250, the Android Authority reported.
- Android Market Share Declines In US, Apple iOS Gains Ground As iPhone 5 Expected To Strengthen Growth: Report
July 31 2012 6:05 AM
According to a latest report released by the research firm Strategy Analytics on Wireless Smartphone Strategies, though Android still dominates the mobile OS market in the U.S., its market share declined over the last year. On top of that, while Android lost its grip on the market significantly, rival Apple's iOS platform grew rather rapidly during the same period of time.
- Asian Stock Markets Gain On Stimulus Bets
July 31 2012 5:01 AM
Asian stock markets advanced Tuesday, helped by expectations that the major central banks will announce further stimulus measures when they hold policy meetings later this week.
- Asian Stocks Continue To Rise On Stimulus Hopes
July 31 2012 12:00 AM
Most of the Asian markets rose Tuesday as investors remained hopeful that the world's central banks would announce stimulus measures soon to help boost the global economic growth.
- Jury Selected For Apple-Samsung Patent Trial
July 30 2012 8:05 PM
The first day of the patent infringement trial between Apple and Samsung wrapped up in San Jose, Calif., with a jury in hand Monday.
- Windows Phone 8 Release Revealed: Samsung Outs ‘Odyssey’ and ‘Marco’ Devices, Features Fans Can Expect [SPECS]
July 30 2012 12:29 PM
Windows Phone 8 is expected for a release date close to the Windows 8 rollout, and Samsung has just unveiled at least two potential devices it will be manufacturing. One will be called “Odyssey” and the other will be called “Marco.”
- Apple iPhone 5 Features: Why Future iOS Devices Need The 19-Pin Dock Connector
July 30 2012 12:23 PM
The dock connector may be the only iPhone 5 feature that we know, for sure, will be different in the next-gen model, allegedly "set for release" between September or October. Almost every major news outlet has reported Apple will slim down its traditional 30-pin dock connector -- the outlet for connecting the iPhone to other accessories, power sources, devices and utilities -- to just 19 pins in its next-gen iPhone, which Apple fans have ceremoniously dubbed "the iPhone 5."
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Reportedly Unveiled: Phone Cases Already On Sale, Why The Next-Gen Smartphone Should Worry Android
July 30 2012 11:02 AM
The release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is reportedly set for Sept. 21, and is said to be accompanied by a new iPad Mini. This may be more than a month away, but some vendors are already selling cases for the upcoming iPhone 5.
- Apple, Samsung Patent Trial Set to Kick Off in US, Billions at Stake
July 30 2012 9:55 AM
Jury selection is due to begin on Monday in the United States in a high stakes patent battle between Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS), the culmination of over a year of pretrial jousting with billions of dollars in the balance.
- Samsung Planning Potential Windows Phone 8 Devices 'Odyssey' And 'Marco'
July 30 2012 6:58 AM
According to court documents, submitted by Samsung as part of its legal battle against rival Apple, the South Korean tech giant is planning at least two potential Windows Phone 8 devices.
- Asian Stocks Rise On ECB, Fed Stimulus Hopes
July 30 2012 5:11 AM
Asian stock markets advanced Monday on renewed hopes that policy makers in U.S. and Europe will announce further stimulus measures to spur economic growth when they hold policy meetings later this week.
- Asian Stocks Gain On Stimulus Expectations
July 30 2012 12:36 AM
Most of the Asian markets rose Monday as investor confidence was lifted by the hope that the central bank around the globe would announce stimulus measures to regain the economic growth momentum.
- Hong Kong Street Protests Against A New Chinese-Influenced Curriculum Plan Expose An Identity Crisis
July 29 2012 2:26 PM
Thousands of irate protesters swarmed over Hong Kong's thoroughfares on Sunday and marched toward government headquarters to lash out against a government-proposed school curriculum plan, which they said was an attempt to indoctrinate students by lauding the feats of the Chinese Communist Party.
- Samsung Extends Lead Over Apple In Smartphone War; Nokia, RIM, HTC Struggle: IDC
July 28 2012 4:04 AM
In the wake of the release of Samsung's healthy financial results for the second quarter of 2012, research firm IDC let out a new report saying that the South Korean tech giant's smartphone division is considerably ahead of its arch rival Apple and the rest of the competition.
- Samsung Supplier Bought By Apple As Court Date Looms
July 27 2012 4:07 PM
If Apple and Samsung were people instead of corporations they would get along about as well as the Hatfields and McCoys. That is to say they'd probably take up arms against each other.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Release Date For Olympic Edition: Where To Order For T-Mobile And Other Carriers
July 27 2012 12:27 PM
The Samsung Galaxy S3 will be available in a limited edition Olympic version to celebrate the worldwide London-based sporting event. The special rendition of the Samsung’s flagship smartphone for 2012 will be available exclusively through Carphone Warehouse on August 1.
- Mario Draghi's Comments Lift Asian Stock Markets; Samsung Rallys On Record Profit
July 27 2012 4:54 AM
Asian stock markets rallied Friday as comments from European Central Bank (ECB) president raised hopes for further central bank action in Europe to alleviate the sovereign debt crisis.