Samsung To Release Retina Display Tablet: Will It Rival Apple?s iPad? Thinner Bezel, Ice Cream Sandwich, And Other Features To ExpectIt looks like Apple isn?t the only company rolling out Retina display. Court documents made public in the Apple vs. Samsung trial reveal that the Korea-based company is working on a tablet of its very own that incorporates this display technology.
- A report published in the Telegraph Media Group Tuesday revealed how the iPhone survived "multiple attempts" to scrap it owing to design flaws.
- T-Mobile customers will soon get a chance to experience the phone-tablet sensation Samsung Galaxy Note with the S Pen for $250, the Android Authority reported.
Android Market Share Declines In US, Apple iOS Gains Ground As iPhone 5 Expected To Strengthen Growth: ReportAccording to a latest report released by the research firm Strategy Analytics on Wireless Smartphone Strategies, though Android still dominates the mobile OS market in the U.S., its market share declined over the last year. On top of that, while Android lost its grip on the market significantly, rival Apple's iOS platform grew rather rapidly during the same period of time.
Windows Phone 8 Release Revealed: Samsung Outs ‘Odyssey’ and ‘Marco’ Devices, Features Fans Can Expect [SPECS]Windows Phone 8 is expected for a release date close to the Windows 8 rollout, and Samsung has just unveiled at least two potential devices it will be manufacturing. One will be called “Odyssey” and the other will be called “Marco.”
- The dock connector may be the only iPhone 5 feature that we know, for sure, will be different in the next-gen model, allegedly "set for release" between September or October. Almost every major news outlet has reported Apple will slim down its traditional 30-pin dock connector -- the outlet for connecting the iPhone to other accessories, power sources, devices and utilities -- to just 19 pins in its next-gen iPhone, which Apple fans have ceremoniously dubbed "the iPhone 5."
Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Reportedly Unveiled: Phone Cases Already On Sale, Why The Next-Gen Smartphone Should Worry AndroidThe release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is reportedly set for Sept. 21, and is said to be accompanied by a new iPad Mini. This may be more than a month away, but some vendors are already selling cases for the upcoming iPhone 5.
- Jury selection is due to begin on Monday in the United States in a high stakes patent battle between Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS), the culmination of over a year of pretrial jousting with billions of dollars in the balance.
- According to court documents, submitted by Samsung as part of its legal battle against rival Apple, the South Korean tech giant is planning at least two potential Windows Phone 8 devices.
Hong Kong Street Protests Against A New Chinese-Influenced Curriculum Plan Expose An Identity CrisisThousands of irate protesters swarmed over Hong Kong's thoroughfares on Sunday and marched toward government headquarters to lash out against a government-proposed school curriculum plan, which they said was an attempt to indoctrinate students by lauding the feats of the Chinese Communist Party.
- In the wake of the release of Samsung's healthy financial results for the second quarter of 2012, research firm IDC let out a new report saying that the South Korean tech giant's smartphone division is considerably ahead of its arch rival Apple and the rest of the competition.
- If Apple and Samsung were people instead of corporations they would get along about as well as the Hatfields and McCoys. That is to say they'd probably take up arms against each other.
- The Samsung Galaxy S3 will be available in a limited edition Olympic version to celebrate the worldwide London-based sporting event. The special rendition of the Samsung’s flagship smartphone for 2012 will be available exclusively through Carphone Warehouse on August 1.
- Asian stock markets rallied Friday as comments from European Central Bank (ECB) president raised hopes for further central bank action in Europe to alleviate the sovereign debt crisis.