- Most of the Asian markets fell Monday as investors' concerns about the faltering global economy undermined the expectations for stimulus measures from China and the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- In the wake of the $1.05 billion verdict delivered Friday in the widely watched U.S. intellectual-property case won by Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) and lost by Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Korea: 005930), Samsung was battered in Korea Exchange trading Monday.
- After scoring a decisive win over competitor Samsung in the high-profile patent trial Friday, August 24, Apple has now shifted focus toward Microsoft, and is planning to unveil a smaller iPad, popularly referred to as "iPad Mini" to take on the Redmond software giant's tablet, Surface.
- At a time when Samsung is expected to release the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update - the newest version of Google's mobile operating system - for its Galaxy S3 smartphone Aug. 29, it appears that owners of the T-Mobile version of the device can already try out the update, thanks to a leaked version of the OS.
Apple Vs. Samsung Lawsuit: How The Tech Giants Responded To The $1 Billion Verdict [Full List Of Infringed Products]Apple had the last laugh in its epic Apple v. Samsung patent-infringement lawsuit and was awarded $1.051 billion in damages by a California jury. Take a look at the list of the patents involved in the lawsuit and the devices that were found to infringe on those patents.
- Apple Inc scored a sweeping legal victory over Samsung on Friday as a U.S. jury found the Korean company had copied critical features of the hugely popular iPhone and iPad and awarded the U.S. company $1.05 billion in damages.
- In an epic $1.05 billion verdict Friday in the widely watched intellectual-property case between Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Korea: 005930), a jury in California decided for Apple and against Samsung on six of seven patent-infringement claims centered on mobile devices.
- The jury reached an earlier-than-expected verdict Friday in the Apple Inc. v. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. et al. case being heard by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, according to multiple media reports.
- As technology industry eagerly waits to hear the verdict of U.S. Federal District Court in Apple (AAPL), Samsung (005930) patent tussle a South Korean Court ruled Friday that both the firms were guilty of patent infringement and banned sales of Apple and Samsung smartphones and tablets.
- The iPhone 5 is a highly anticipated piece of tech that has been taken apart and examined on YouTube. The video compares parts of the iPhone 5 with it's precursor, the iPhone 4s.
- Sony Mobile announced Thursday that it would lay off about 15 percent (approximately 1,000 personnel) of its global workforce as part of its global operational restructure. The company also announced that it would move its corporate headquarters from Lund, Sweden, to Tokyo, Japan in October.
Apple iPhone 5 Vs iPhone 4S: Video Comparison Builds Excitement Ahead Of Sept 12 Release Of New iPhoneA new video surfaced Wednesday that appeared to combine several iPhone 4S parts with the next generation iPhone, largely rumored as "iPhone 5," showcasing changes rendered with regard to flex cables and screen size.
- One of the very likely features that iPhone 5 is expected to have is a bigger and thinner display, compared to previous iPhone models. Adding further credence to this information, Reuters came up with a report Wednesday, saying that South Korean LCD panel maker LG Display has started producing new displays using the so-called in-cell technology that are widely expected to be used in Apple's upcoming iPhone iteration.
- Apple will reportedly be releasing an iPad Mini along with its iPhone 5 next month, and a new report further fuels rumors that the company is preparing for a major launch. Although the Cupertino, Calif.-based manufacturer has not yet confirmed that the iPad Mini’s release, alleged evidence says that Apple is ramping up production.
How To Get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean On Samsung?s Galaxy S3: Is This The Most Credible Leak Yet? [VIDEO, FEATURES]Since Google announced its Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade, endless leaks have surfaced throughout the Internet. However, the most recent alleged leak to appear allows users to install the Jelly Bean software on Samsung?s Galaxy S3, the company?s flagship smartphone of 2012.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Looks Sleeker Than Ever In New Trailer; What We Learned About The Device [VIDEO]Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2 is catered towards those who look to create and consume media content, and the Korea-based manufacturer is certainly stressing that point in its advertising campaign. The successor to the original ?phablet? device is reportedly set for a release date on August 29, and as that date draws near more information on the device seems to emerge.