Articles by Samsung
- Samsung Q2 Net Profit Rises To $4.4 Billion
July 27 2012 2:39 AM
Samsung Electronics Co, the world's largest maker of mobile phones, reported a second quarter net income of 5.19 trillion won ($4.4 billion), up from 3.51 trillion won in the same period earlier year, aided by sales of Galaxy smartphones.
- Asian Markets Rise On Draghi’s Comments
July 27 2012 12:56 AM
Asian markets rose Friday as investor sentiment turned positive following the promise from European Central Bank to take necessary steps to save the euro zone from collapsing.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Could Be Delayed: Report Indicates Qualcomm Chip Shortage [SPECS]
July 26 2012 12:12 PM
The release date for Apple’s upcoming smartphone, believed to be called the iPhone 5, could be delayed due to a supply shortage of chips used in the device, according to a report from China.
- Motorola Droid Razr HD and Apple iPhone 5: A Closer Look at the Upcoming Smartphones
July 26 2012 9:55 AM
With the tech world still reeling under the effect of Samsung and Apple devices, Motorola has upped the ante with its latest Droid Razr HD smartphone, the details which were recently leaked through a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) application.
- Apple Continues To Be World's Top OEM Semiconductor Buyer In 2012, Samsung Ranks Second
July 26 2012 6:38 AM
Apple is world's leading original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in terms of semiconductor purchasing in 2012, according to a latest report by the research firm iSuppli. The Cupertino tech giant has not only been ranked first in the list of top 10 OEM semiconductor buyers, but has also increased its buying at a faster rate than other top firms, solidifying its dominance over the chip market, the report said.
- Asian Markets Gain On Stimulus Measure Hopes
July 26 2012 12:08 AM
Asian markets rose Thursday amid hopes that central banks all over the world would soon announce stimulus measures to tackle the weakening global economy.
- Apple Earnings Release: Can The iPhone 5, iPad Mini Offset A Disappointing Q3 2012?
July 25 2012 5:04 PM
Apple beat its own conservative quarterly estimate, reporting a strong jump in earnings and even sold a record number of iPads in Q3, but across the board, Apple did a rare thing: It missed analysts' estimates. Apple can rebound in Q4 if it decides to release its next iPhone, which many are already calling "iPhone 5," as long as the much-rumored "iPad Mini."
- Is This Jelly Bean On Samsung Galaxy S3? Alleged Image Of Android 4.1 Surfaces As Release Date For Galaxy Nexus S Arrives
July 25 2012 12:10 PM
Rumors have begun to surface that Android Jelly Bean will be released for Samsung’s Galaxy S3 in the near future. On Friday SamMobile reported that the company had begun testing the new operating system on its S2 and S3 devices, and now a photo has surfaced.
- Galaxy Tab 7.7 Ban In Europe Not Boding Well For Samsung As iPad Mini And iPhone 5 Rumors Circulate
July 25 2012 11:22 AM
The Galaxy Tab 7.7 will not be sold in the European Union after courts ruled that the Samsung tablet bears too much resemblance to the Apple iPad. This ruling comes at poor time for Samsung, as Apples iPad Mini and iPhone 5 rumors create buzz on the internet.
- Asian Stocks Fall On Spain Worries; Apple Results Hit Tech Shares
July 25 2012 4:45 AM
Asian stock markets declined Wednesday as mounting concerns over the euro zone debt crisis continued to weigh on the sentiment while disappointing earnings from Apple hit tech shares.
- Asian Stocks Fall As Euro Zone Concerns Deepen
July 25 2012 12:28 AM
Most Asian markets fell Wednesday as investors continued to worry that the debt crisis faced by the euro zone would weigh down the global economic condition.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 To Get Android Jelly Bean? Testing Begins On S2 And S3, Other Devices Confirmed For The Update
July 24 2012 6:46 PM
Samsung may be celebrating the success of its flagship smartphone for 2012, the Galaxy S3, but that doesn’t mean the company is finished with the device. Samsung is reportedly testing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the Galaxy S3 and S2 devices.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date May Coincide With iPad Mini Launch In September 2012 [REPORT]
July 24 2012 4:17 PM
It's long been rumored that the iPad Mini and the new iPhone -- the 5, as many call it -- would launch around the same time -- around the end of September and beginning of October -- but a new report says Apple may release the new iPhone and iPad sooner rather than later.
- Free Olympic Apps And e-Books For London Travelers And Sports Fans
July 24 2012 2:47 PM
The 2012 Olympic Games will be the most digital sporting event in history. As a result, several organizations are now offering free apps and e-books for both London visitors and avid sports fans back home to put up-to-the-minute information on the Games and its host city in the palm of your hand.
- Asian Stock Markets Slightly Higher After China PMI
July 24 2012 4:51 AM
Asian stock markets advanced slightly Tuesday after a report showed that Chinese factory activity in July grew at its fastest pace since February.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date: New 5.5-Inch Device Reportedly Confirmed For Aug. 15 Launch
July 24 2012 4:02 AM
A new report hit the web Monday citing source close to Samsung, who apparently confirmed that the Galaxy Note 2 would indeed be unveiled in August, but not on the previously rumored date, but on August 15.
- Asian Markets Fall As Euro Zone Worries Persist
July 24 2012 12:24 AM
Most Asian markets fell Tuesday as investor sentiment was dragged down by the continuing concerns over the debt burden lingering over the euro zone.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date Reported As Aug. 15: Will It Be Faster Than The Galaxy S3?
July 23 2012 3:41 PM
Samsung will be releasing a follow up to its Galaxy Note device during a press event on August 15, according to BGR. The Galaxy Note 2 is said to boast a thinner and taller 5.5-inch display, in comparison to the current model’s 5.3-inch screen.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Sales Hits 10-Million Mark, Averaging 190,000 Units Per Day [REPORT]
July 23 2012 2:00 AM
Samsung announced last month that it was expecting Galaxy S3 to surpass 10 million sales figures by the end of July. Sunday, a report surfaced online saying that the company in fact hit that milestone in less than two months after its official release in May.
- Asian Markets Fall On Euro Zone Concerns
July 23 2012 12:20 AM
Asian markets fell Monday following the revival of the investor concerns about the deepening debt burden faced by the euro zone and worsening global economic growth.