- While Apple Inc. recently concluded one of its high-profile legal disputes with Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., the American tech giant may be entering another court case soon, this time in a tussle with Bruce Willis. The "Die Hard" actor is apparently preparing to sue Apple over the rights to his iTunes music library after his death.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (KRX: 005930) on Saturday accused Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) of resorting to litigation in an attempt to limit consumer choice after the iPhone maker said it was seeking to halt U.S. sales of Galaxy S3 smartphones.
- The patent war between Apple and Samsung will apparently never end as the iPhone-maker filed a revised complaint with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California Friday, in which it added two versions Samsung's Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note to its original complaint against Galaxy Nexus and other related devices.
- Asian markets fell in the week as investor confidence was dragged down by the increasing concerns about the global growth slowdown amid the weak economic reports from Japan and South Korea.
- The Sphero is a new kind of toy that tries to blend virtual gaming with physical toys in what its creators call "mixed reality." But before it does that, co-creator Ian Bernstein wants users to become more friendly with their machines.
- Asian stock markets declined Friday as weak economic reports from Japan and South Korea revived concerns over the global economic growth while investors opted for caution ahead of the long-awaited speech by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke at the Jackson Hole symposium later in the day.
Apple iPhone 5: Possible Trouble Ahead For Company As Samsung To Hit Back Over LTE Patents After ReleaseMany people may think that Apple's victory could be the end of the epic Apple v. Samsung patent-infringement lawsuit, but it's not. According to a new report, Samsung would immediately file a lawsuit against Apple after the release of the iPhone 5 if the handset features 4G LTE technology.
- Asian markets fell Friday as investor confidence was weighed down amid increasing concerns about the global economy after data showed a fall in the industrial output of Japan and South Korea.
- Apple has successfully managed to make each new iPhone thinner, lighter, faster and more powerful, and it looks like the iPhone 5 will be no exception. On Thursday, Sonny Dickson released a set of new photos that show an A6 processor chip sitting in the phone's logic board. A quad-core A6 would boost the speed of the phone's features, as well as help power the phone when multi-tasking applications or playing games or video.
- Patent resolution talks have been conducted by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) CEO Tim Cook and Google (Nasdaq: CEO) Larry Page and may continue, Reuters reported.
- Perhaps it's no coincidence that a week before Amazon is set to make a big announcement it has sold out of the popular Kindle Fire. Is this is prequel to the sequel?
Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit Will Spawn More Patent Trials; Patents Are New Currency In Knowledge-Based Economy: Expert (Exclusive Interview)Patent expert Alexander Poltorak, CEO and chairman of General Patent Corporation, advocates multi-tier patent system, specialized patent courts and arbitration forums as the key facilitators for the speedy resolution of increasing number of patent disputes and dubs patents as the new currency in Knowledge-Based Economy.
- Asian markets fell Thursday as investors' concerns about the weakening global economy was revived by the declining Japanese retail sales and disappointing South Korean manufacturers' confidence data.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Officially Revealed: Full List Of Specs And Features Confirmed; Did The Rumors Hold Up? [VIDEO]Samsung has officially announced its Galaxy Note 2, the successor to the Korea-based manufacturer's widely successful Galaxy Note device. As expected, Samsung unveiled the smartphone-tablet hybrid just ahead of IFA, which starts on Friday in Berlin.
- Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) may have lost a $1.05 billion judgment to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, but it’s won a temporary reprieve from the judge on product bans and other retaliatory measures.
Will Windows 8’s Release Change The Tablet Industry? Meet Sony’s VAIO Duo, The Hybrid Device Perfect For Microsoft’s OSAs the Windows 8 release date draws near, Microsoft’s new operating system is beginning to make more sense. First comes the software made for PCs and tablets, and now comes the devices that fit that mold.
Windows Phone 8 Release Date Coming Next Week? Nokia Teases With New Ad, More Price Rumors Begin To Surface [VIDEO]Nokia has just launched a new video hinting that an upcoming Windows Phone 8 release date could be announced very soon. A press event with Microsoft is scheduled for Sept. 5, coming right in between the dates that competitors Apple and Samsung are expected to make some major unveils as well.