- The release date for Apple’s upcoming smartphone, believed to be called the iPhone 5, could be delayed due to a supply shortage of chips used in the device, according to a report from China.
- With the tech world still reeling under the effect of Samsung and Apple devices, Motorola has upped the ante with its latest Droid Razr HD smartphone, the details which were recently leaked through a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) application.
- Apple is world's leading original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in terms of semiconductor purchasing in 2012, according to a latest report by the research firm iSuppli. The Cupertino tech giant has not only been ranked first in the list of top 10 OEM semiconductor buyers, but has also increased its buying at a faster rate than other top firms, solidifying its dominance over the chip market, the report said.
- Apple beat its own conservative quarterly estimate, reporting a strong jump in earnings and even sold a record number of iPads in Q3, but across the board, Apple did a rare thing: It missed analysts' estimates. Apple can rebound in Q4 if it decides to release its next iPhone, which many are already calling "iPhone 5," as long as the much-rumored "iPad Mini."
Is This Jelly Bean On Samsung Galaxy S3? Alleged Image Of Android 4.1 Surfaces As Release Date For Galaxy Nexus S ArrivesRumors have begun to surface that Android Jelly Bean will be released for Samsung’s Galaxy S3 in the near future. On Friday SamMobile reported that the company had begun testing the new operating system on its S2 and S3 devices, and now a photo has surfaced.
- The Galaxy Tab 7.7 will not be sold in the European Union after courts ruled that the Samsung tablet bears too much resemblance to the Apple iPad. This ruling comes at poor time for Samsung, as Apples iPad Mini and iPhone 5 rumors create buzz on the internet.
- Asian stock markets declined Wednesday as mounting concerns over the euro zone debt crisis continued to weigh on the sentiment while disappointing earnings from Apple hit tech shares.
Samsung Galaxy S3 To Get Android Jelly Bean? Testing Begins On S2 And S3, Other Devices Confirmed For The UpdateSamsung may be celebrating the success of its flagship smartphone for 2012, the Galaxy S3, but that doesn’t mean the company is finished with the device. Samsung is reportedly testing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the Galaxy S3 and S2 devices.
- It's long been rumored that the iPad Mini and the new iPhone -- the 5, as many call it -- would launch around the same time -- around the end of September and beginning of October -- but a new report says Apple may release the new iPhone and iPad sooner rather than later.
- The 2012 Olympic Games will be the most digital sporting event in history. As a result, several organizations are now offering free apps and e-books for both London visitors and avid sports fans back home to put up-to-the-minute information on the Games and its host city in the palm of your hand.
- Asian stock markets advanced slightly Tuesday after a report showed that Chinese factory activity in July grew at its fastest pace since February.
- A new report hit the web Monday citing source close to Samsung, who apparently confirmed that the Galaxy Note 2 would indeed be unveiled in August, but not on the previously rumored date, but on August 15.
- Samsung will be releasing a follow up to its Galaxy Note device during a press event on August 15, according to BGR. The Galaxy Note 2 is said to boast a thinner and taller 5.5-inch display, in comparison to the current model’s 5.3-inch screen.
- Samsung announced last month that it was expecting Galaxy S3 to surpass 10 million sales figures by the end of July. Sunday, a report surfaced online saying that the company in fact hit that milestone in less than two months after its official release in May.