Articles by Samsung
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Release Date For Samsung Galaxy S3 May Come This Fall, Other Devices Still In Testing Phase [VIDEO, FEATURES]
August 07 2012 10:35 AM
Google’s newly announced Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system may be making its way to two of the most popular Samsung devices this fall, lining up with Apple’s iOS 6 release date.
- Samsung Offers $300 Rebate For Old Smartphones
August 06 2012 11:20 AM
With the iPhone 5 rumored to be released in this September, Samsung is taking a new approach in encouraging customers to switch by offering a rebate of up to $300 for old smartphones.
- Nokia To Unveil Windows Phone 8 Handsets In Early September: REPORT
August 06 2012 7:22 AM
Nokia, the Finnish handset manufacturer is all set to unveil new Windows 8 handsets in the first week of September during the Nokia World 2012 event.
- Asian Stocks Rally On US Jobs Data And ECB Hopes
August 06 2012 4:41 AM
Asian stock markets rallied Monday as better-than-expected jobs data from the U.S. and optimism at European action to boost the faltering regional economy buoyed sentiment.
- Asian Stocks Rise On US, Greece Optimism
August 06 2012 12:46 AM
Asian markets rose Monday after the encouraging news from the U.S. that the economy was regaining momentum to a certain extent and that Greece was showing improvement in complying with bailout requirements.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Clue Found In Server Logs; Source Indicates Testing And Production Are Underway [VIDEO, FEATURES]
August 04 2012 1:03 PM
The release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 may be drawing near, as rumors and speculations about the smartphone have been at an all-time high in the past couple of weeks. Yet another bit of evidence has surfaced, which indicates that Apple may be testing its next-generation smartphone, the iPhone 5.
- Apple iPad's Strong Shipments Drive Healthy Tablet Market Growth In Q2: IDC
August 04 2012 1:12 AM
Thanks to Apple's record-setting quarter of its iPad sales, the worldwide tablet market saw a better-than-anticipated second quarter with a robust year-over-year growth rate of 66.2 percent, according to a report by IDC.
- Apple iPhone 5 Specs: Most Convincing Photo Evidence Yet Showcases Different Features From iPhone 4S [PICTURES, VIDEO]
August 03 2012 11:37 AM
Smartphone supply, component and repair sites like Gotta Be Mobile and iFixyouri have previously posted images and videos of alleged iPhone 5 prototypes, but never did those sites fully compare the new model to the iPhone 4S. On Friday, ETrade Supply posted a highly-detailed photo and video comparison between the iPhone 5 prototype and iPhone 4S components from Apple, which just may be the most convincing photo evidence of the iPhone 5 we have to-date.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date To Come Just Weeks Before Alleged iPhone 5 Unveil, Features To Expect [SPECS]
August 03 2012 10:47 AM
Samsung has confirmed that its Galaxy Note 2 will be unveiled this month. A representative from the company told Reuters that the device will be announced at a Samsung Mobile Unpacked event on August 29, similar to the way the Samsung Galaxy S3 was unveiled.
- Galaxy Note 2 Release Date Confirmed By Samsung, It's Aug 29
August 03 2012 8:27 AM
Premium handset manufacturer Samsung has confirmed that the next version of the popular Galaxy Note tablet will be released Aug 29.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Coming To Contract-Free Carrier Ting On Sprint's 4G LTE Network
August 03 2012 12:43 AM
Tucows, a provider of domain names and other Internet services, announced Thursday that its mobile phone service, Ting, has made the new Samsung Galaxy S3 available for pre-order on its website.
- Asian Stocks Fall As ECB Disappoints
August 03 2012 12:08 AM
Most of the Asian markets fell Friday as investors were disappointed to find that the European Central Bank did not announce stimulus measures Thursday to boost the faltering euro zone economy.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Release Lands On 0.8 Percent Of Devices As Ice Cream Sandwich Updates Increase [VIDEO, FEATURES]
August 02 2012 5:07 PM
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean may be Google?s newest brag-worthy operating system, but Ice Cream Sandwich still reigns supreme in the mobile market. A new report from Google shows that Ice Cream Sandwich is powering nearly 16 percent of all Android devices.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: $800 Starting Price? Fat Chance [PICTURES]
August 02 2012 1:05 PM
Twitter was abuzz early Thursday morning with two hashtags carrying the same message: The next iPhone -- the iPhone 5 -- may cost $800. The rumors came from online gaming site GameNGuide, but unfortunately, this is the sole illegitimate source causing the confusion in today's news. Nobody knows the true price of the iPhone 5, but its starting price will almost certainly not be $800.
- Apple v Samsung Case: Can A Product Be Too 'Apple-ish'?
August 02 2012 6:40 AM
It may be hard to encapsulate in words, but consumers know when they're looking at something in a product that Apple did first.
- Asian Stock Markets Fall Before ECB Meeting
August 02 2012 4:08 AM
Asian stock markets declined Thursday as investors awaited the European Central Bank (ECB) meeting later in the day after Federal Reserve did not offer any new monetary measures overnight.
- Asian Stocks Mixed Ahead Of ECB Meeting
August 02 2012 12:05 AM
Asian markets were mixed Thursday as investors remained watchful ahead of the European Central Bank meeting later in the day in which stimulus measures to boost the faltering euro zone economy are expected to be announced.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Features: 5 Tips For The Nexus 7 Tablet, See The 'Buttery Smooth' OS In Action [VIDEO]
August 01 2012 6:38 PM
Google?s next operating system update, known as Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, is being rolled out for a number of mobile devices, one of which being the Nexus 7 tablet. At Google?s I/O developer?s conference at the end of June, the company showcased the new operating system along with its fresh self-branded tablet.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release To Come In Two Versions Similar To Galaxy S3, Rumors Say [SPECS]
August 01 2012 3:36 PM
Now that Samsung has released its Galaxy S3 flagship device, attention has turned to the Galaxy Note 2. Rumors have indicated that the phone-tablet hybrid will launch this month, but new speculations say that the Korea-based company will release two different versions.
- Why Apple Cannot Release The iPhone 5 And The iPad Mini On The Same Date
August 01 2012 2:24 PM
If Apple plans to release the iPad Mini to the masses at the same time as the iPhone 5, Apple could run into the biggest crowds in the history of the company. And that's not necessarily a good thing. Assuming Apple unveils the iPhone 5 and the iPad Mini at the same time, will the release dates for both devices be the same?