- Perhaps it's no coincidence that a week before Amazon is set to make a big announcement it has sold out of the popular Kindle Fire. Is this is prequel to the sequel?
Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit Will Spawn More Patent Trials; Patents Are New Currency In Knowledge-Based Economy: Expert (Exclusive Interview)Patent expert Alexander Poltorak, CEO and chairman of General Patent Corporation, advocates multi-tier patent system, specialized patent courts and arbitration forums as the key facilitators for the speedy resolution of increasing number of patent disputes and dubs patents as the new currency in Knowledge-Based Economy.
- Asian markets fell Thursday as investors' concerns about the weakening global economy was revived by the declining Japanese retail sales and disappointing South Korean manufacturers' confidence data.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Officially Revealed: Full List Of Specs And Features Confirmed; Did The Rumors Hold Up? [VIDEO]Samsung has officially announced its Galaxy Note 2, the successor to the Korea-based manufacturer's widely successful Galaxy Note device. As expected, Samsung unveiled the smartphone-tablet hybrid just ahead of IFA, which starts on Friday in Berlin.
- Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) may have lost a $1.05 billion judgment to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, but it’s won a temporary reprieve from the judge on product bans and other retaliatory measures.
Will Windows 8’s Release Change The Tablet Industry? Meet Sony’s VAIO Duo, The Hybrid Device Perfect For Microsoft’s OSAs the Windows 8 release date draws near, Microsoft’s new operating system is beginning to make more sense. First comes the software made for PCs and tablets, and now comes the devices that fit that mold.
Windows Phone 8 Release Date Coming Next Week? Nokia Teases With New Ad, More Price Rumors Begin To Surface [VIDEO]Nokia has just launched a new video hinting that an upcoming Windows Phone 8 release date could be announced very soon. A press event with Microsoft is scheduled for Sept. 5, coming right in between the dates that competitors Apple and Samsung are expected to make some major unveils as well.
- Samsung vowed Tuesday to fight Apple's request to ban U.S. sales of some of its smartphones from U.S. stores following its landmark lawsuit verdict last week.
Apple iPhone 5 Release Date For Next Month Hinted By T-Mobile; Carrier Prepares Employees To ‘Sell Against The iPhone’Verizon and AT&T aren’t the only service providers preparing for the iPhone 5 release date, which is rumored to come next month. T-Mobile has also sent out memos to its employees to prepare for what may be the largest handset launch in mobile history.
- IDC revised its forecast for this year’s PC sales gains to only 0.9 percent, after the top U.S. giants, Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ) and Dell (Nasdaq: DELL), reported lower PC sales for their latest financial quarters. By contrast, tablet sales, headed by the iPad from Apple (Nasdaq:M AAPL) should surge 54 percent.
- Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is scheduled for an October release date and is said to be unveiled this Wednesday, as multiple reports have cited. The unconventionally-designed smartphone, which combines the elements of a cellphone and a tablet into one device, comes only a few months after the original Galaxy Note was announced in February.
- The release date for Samsung’s Galaxy S3 arrived back in May, but that doesn’t mean the Korea-based manufacturer is done surprising fans of the device. Samsung has just announced that the Galaxy S3 will be available in three new colors, all of which stay consistent with the nature-based theme that Samsung’s flagship smartphone has features thus far.
- Shares of Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) rose 15,000 Korean won (US $13.21) in Seoul trading on Tuesday, despite requests by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, to ban sales of as eight products in the U.S.
- Best Buy Co, Aixtron SE, Nokia Corp, Sterlite Industries India, Pluristem Therapeutics, Seadrill and Zynga Inc. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Tuesday.
Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: Apple Seeks Quick Ban On Eight Samsung Phones In US; Files Injunction With District CourtAfter its decisive win over Samsung in the patent trial Friday, Apple has formally filed a notice with the District Court in California, San Jose Division.
- Most of the Asian markets fell Monday as investor concerns of the weakening global economic condition were revived as Japan's government lowered its assessment of the country's economy.