Apple iPhone 5 First Benchmarks Out: With Dual Core 1.02GHz A6 CPU, 1GB RAM, Device Narrowly Tops High End Android RivalsThe first iPhone 5 benchmark results have hit Geekbench and showed that the sixth generation iPhone, running iOS 6 with a Dual-Core 1.02GHz ARMv7 processor and 1GB of RAM, narrowly beats all previous iOS devices and high end Android products.
- Most of the Asian markets dropped Monday after the rally last week when investor confidence was buoyed by the optimism that the stimulus measures announced by the central banks in the U.S. and the Europe would help revive the global economic growth momentum.
- Tensions between Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq: ZNGA) and Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: EA) exploded all over again Friday as Zynga mustered an aggressive rejoinder to the copyright-infringement lawsuit filed against it by EA last month.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date For AT&T Allegedly Revealed; Rumors Indicate Same Launch As Windows Phone 8 [REPORT]The release date for Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2 has not officially been revealed yet, but a tip has indicated that it may arrive at the end of next month. According to BGR, a tip has been dropped indicating that the Galaxy Note 2 will be available on AT&T beginning Oct. 21.
- Only two countries are members of the 1 billion mobile phone users club: China and India. In the latter, Nokia and Samsung are battling for the top spot, but their big worldwide rival is an Indian no-show: Apple and the iPhone. Here's why and what's at stake.
Apple iPhone 5 Vs Samsung Galaxy S3 And iPhone 4S: How Do They Stack Up Against Each Other [Infographic]In terms of hardware, the Samsung Galaxy S3 has already proved that it is far superior to the iPhone 4S. With that in mind, the iPhone 5 is definitely more adroit to challenge the South Korean company's best bet. Here's an infographic that puts iPhone 5 against both Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4S to compare the central statistics of each device.
- Most of the Asian markets gained in the week as investor confidence was lifted following the announcement of another round of quantitative easing by the U.S. Federal Reserve which is expected to rejuvenate the economic growth.
- A judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission found that Apple hadn?t violated any of Samsung?s patent rights for products designed into the iPhone and iPad product lines. Last month, a jury in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., determined Samsung had infringed upon Apple?s patents and awarded the Cupertino, Calif., company $1.05 billion in compensation.
- Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, should reap another windfall from selling the iPhone 5 because component costs are only around $167.50, engineers at UBM TechInsights reported. Apple will sell the product for as much as $399 and charge wireless carriers about $450.
Apple iPhone 5: Ready To Pre-Order? Don't Be Surprised If Verizon, Sprint Don't Support Simultaneous Voice And DataApple has confirmed that it will start taking online pre-orders of the new iPhone 5 at exactly 12:01 a.m. PT (3:01 a.m. ET) Sept. 14. When it comes to carriers, Sprint and AT&T customers can pre-order the handset at the same time while Verizon will reportedly open its online shop a minute earlier at 12 a.m. PT.
- Jimmy Kimmel decided to poke fun at all of the iPhone 5 hype by handing people on the street an older model iPhone 4S and telling them it was Apple's latest product. The results are pretty amazing.
- Want to play the iPhone 5 craze created by Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) and not pay the price for Apple's near-$700 shares. Think of some of its suppliers like Arm Holings (Nasdaq: ARMH) and Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM), or even Corning (NYSE: GLW) whose products are designed into the product.
- Steve Wozniak, the programmer and computer engineer who helped launch what would later become Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL), didn't have the best things to say about his former company when the subject of Apple's recent legal battle with Samsung (KRX:005930) came up, even as he expressed his anticipation for purchasing the new iPhone 5. Speaking to Bloomberg about Wednesday's launch of the highly anticipated iPhone 5 unveiling, Wozniak praised the iPhone 5, but also commented on the recent ...
- Facebook Inc. (FB), Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) and Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) face fresh patent suits from a University of California patent licensee, which sued some of the biggest U.S. companies previously, Reuters reported.
- Shares of Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) jumped Wednesday during its highly anticipated unveiling of a host of new high-profile software and hardware products, including the iPhone 5, in San Francisco.
- Samsung’s Galaxy S3, the company’s flagship smartphone of 2012, is projected to reach another 10 million unit sales before the year’s end. Samsung believes that its Galaxy S3 will achieve more than 30 million in global sales by the end of 2012, an executive said to the Yonhap News Agency.