Articles by Samsung
- Apple Triumphs Over Samsung In Landmark Patent Case
August 24 2012 10:14 PM
Apple Inc scored a sweeping legal victory over Samsung on Friday as a U.S. jury found the Korean company had copied critical features of the hugely popular iPhone and iPad and awarded the U.S. company $1.05 billion in damages.
- Apple Awarded $1.05 Billion From Samsung By Jury In Patent-Infringement Lawsuit
August 24 2012 8:15 PM
In an epic $1.05 billion verdict Friday in the widely watched intellectual-property case between Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Korea: 005930), a jury in California decided for Apple and against Samsung on six of seven patent-infringement claims centered on mobile devices.
- Verdict Reached In Apple-Samsung Legal Battle In California
August 24 2012 6:24 PM
The jury reached an earlier-than-expected verdict Friday in the Apple Inc. v. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. et al. case being heard by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, according to multiple media reports.
- South Korean Court Rules Apple, Samsung Infringed Patents, Bans Gadgets Of Both Companies
August 24 2012 5:06 AM
As technology industry eagerly waits to hear the verdict of U.S. Federal District Court in Apple (AAPL), Samsung (005930) patent tussle a South Korean Court ruled Friday that both the firms were guilty of patent infringement and banned sales of Apple and Samsung smartphones and tablets.
- Asian Stocks Fall On Euro Zone Worries
August 24 2012 12:08 AM
Most of the Asian markets fell Friday as investors' concerns about the faltering global economy were revived since the Markit Flash Eurozone PMI Composite Output Index, released Thursday, indicated that the economic outlook was worsening.
- iPhone 5 Rumored Parts Featured On YouTube [VIDEO]
August 23 2012 10:50 AM
The iPhone 5 is a highly anticipated piece of tech that has been taken apart and examined on YouTube. The video compares parts of the iPhone 5 with it's precursor, the iPhone 4s.
- Sony Mobile To Cut 1,000 Jobs, Move Headquarters To Tokyo As Part Of Operational Restructuring
August 23 2012 6:09 AM
Sony Mobile announced Thursday that it would lay off about 15 percent (approximately 1,000 personnel) of its global workforce as part of its global operational restructure. The company also announced that it would move its corporate headquarters from Lund, Sweden, to Tokyo, Japan in October.
- Asian Stocks Rise On US, China Stimulus Hopes
August 23 2012 5:08 AM
Most of the Asian markets rose Thursday amid hopes that the U.S. and China would soon announce stimulus measures to tackle the weakening global economy.
- Apple iPhone 5 Vs iPhone 4S: Video Comparison Builds Excitement Ahead Of Sept 12 Release Of New iPhone
August 23 2012 3:36 AM
A new video surfaced Wednesday that appeared to combine several iPhone 4S parts with the next generation iPhone, largely rumored as "iPhone 5," showcasing changes rendered with regard to flex cables and screen size.
- Apple iPhone 5: LG Starts Mass Production Of New Displays As Release Date Nears [Report]
August 23 2012 1:12 AM
One of the very likely features that iPhone 5 is expected to have is a bigger and thinner display, compared to previous iPhone models. Adding further credence to this information, Reuters came up with a report Wednesday, saying that South Korean LCD panel maker LG Display has started producing new displays using the so-called in-cell technology that are widely expected to be used in Apple's upcoming iPhone iteration.
- Apple iPad Mini Rumors Indicate October Release Date, 4 Million Units To Be Made Per Month
August 22 2012 11:34 AM
Apple will reportedly be releasing an iPad Mini along with its iPhone 5 next month, and a new report further fuels rumors that the company is preparing for a major launch. Although the Cupertino, Calif.-based manufacturer has not yet confirmed that the iPad Mini’s release, alleged evidence says that Apple is ramping up production.
- Asian Stocks Fall On Weak Japan Data
August 22 2012 12:34 AM
Most of the Asian markets fell Wednesday as investor confidence was weighed down by the report that Japan's trade deficit increased in July, raising more concerns about the faltering global economy.
- How To Get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean On Samsung?s Galaxy S3: Is This The Most Credible Leak Yet? [VIDEO, FEATURES]
August 21 2012 11:30 AM
Since Google announced its Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade, endless leaks have surfaced throughout the Internet. However, the most recent alleged leak to appear allows users to install the Jelly Bean software on Samsung?s Galaxy S3, the company?s flagship smartphone of 2012.
- Asian Stocks Rise As Stimulus Hopes Prevail
August 21 2012 12:42 AM
Most of the Asian markets rose Tuesday as investors maintained hopes about monetary easing measures from policymakers around the world to tackle the weakening of the global economic growth.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Looks Sleeker Than Ever In New Trailer; What We Learned About The Device [VIDEO]
August 20 2012 5:12 PM
Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2 is catered towards those who look to create and consume media content, and the Korea-based manufacturer is certainly stressing that point in its advertising campaign. The successor to the original ?phablet? device is reportedly set for a release date on August 29, and as that date draws near more information on the device seems to emerge.
- Technology?s Cash Piles: Top U.S. Leaders Stash Nears $400B
August 20 2012 4:03 PM
Don?t say technology companies aren?t enormously profitable. An IBTimes review of the cash and investment holdings of 11 of the top technology leaders shows they are sitting atop nearly $375 billion in cash and investments ? or about 24 percent more since the last survey nine months ago.
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Price Becomes Most Valuable In History, But There?s Still More Work To Do
August 20 2012 3:54 PM
After enjoying a record-breaking quarter earlier this year, Apple posted yet another milestone on Monday, this time for its stock. With its stock reaching $660.73 a share early Monday morning, Apple finally surpassed Microsoft as the most valuable publicly-traded stock ever, achieving a market capitalization of $619.37 billion, the largest cap ever recorded.
- Windows Phone 8 Price And Models 'Leaked:' 'Odyssey' To Feature Same Specs As Samsung's Galaxy S3, Rumors Say
August 20 2012 2:09 PM
Microsoft?s next line of Windows Phone 8 devices are expected for a fall release date alongside its new Windows 8 operating system. Rumors of these Microsoft-branded smartphones from manufacturer Samsung have been circulating for some time now, and a recent leak has revealed the names of these devices.
- Asian Markets Fall As Stimulus Expectations Weaken
August 20 2012 12:51 AM
Most Asian markets fell Monday as investor confidence was weighed down by the lack of stimulus measures from policymakers to support the global economy and regain the growth momentum.
- Technology Focus: Why Apple And Samsung Should Settle Now
August 19 2012 10:03 AM
After three weeks of testimony, the case of Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) vs. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Seoul: 005930) is over. U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh could instruct the nine-member civil jury in San Jose, Calif., as early as Tuesday The parties should settle first.