Articles by Sony
- Japan's Nikkei Falls Amid Global Concerns
June 08 2012 1:29 AM
Japan's Nikkei 225 Stock Average fell Friday as lack of indications of more monetary stimulus in the U.S. by the Federal Reserve undermined the interest rate cut by China.
- E3 2012: Six Clues Into The Future Of Xbox, PlayStation And Nintendo Next-Gen Consoles [SPECS]
June 07 2012 10:48 AM
Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are all pushing for what?s next in terms of technological advancements to enhance gameplay. At E3 2012, some have revealed more about their next generation consoles than others, such as Nintendo whose press conference centered on what the Wii U will bring to gamers.
- Elvis Presley Hologram: Digital Domain Media, Makers Of Tupac Hologram, To Resurrect Elvis [VIDEO]
June 06 2012 4:18 PM
In the latest hologram news, Elvis Presley will be getting the full treatment by none other than the company who resurrected Tupac Shakur for Coachella 2012. Elvis Presley, who died on August 16, 1977, will be brought back to life via hologram made by the Digital Domain Media Group.
- E3 2012: See Nintendo?s Press Conference Highlights And Wii U Releases Captured Through Photos
June 06 2012 2:59 PM
The Electronic Entertainment Expo taking place in Los Angeles is undoubtedly the biggest week of the year for the video game industry, from the perspective of devoted fans and developers alike. E3 2012 has been packed with news and updates on next-generation consoles and gaming titles from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo.
- Wii U Games And Features Unveiled At E3 2012, But Where Are ?Super Smash? And ?Zelda?? [FULL LIST]
June 05 2012 3:59 PM
At E3 2012, the focus seems to be on a lot more than gaming. Each console is competing to gain dominance as the prominent entertainment system in living rooms around the globe, with a different approach from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo.
- Sony PlayStation Suite Becomes PlayStation Mobile, Coming To Certified HTC Android Phones
June 05 2012 8:16 AM
Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC is going to make handsets that will be certified for Sony PlayStation Suite. Yes, it has just been announced that the Japanese multinational conglomerate will be partnering with HTC to create phones for a new program, named as PlayStation Mobile.
- Asian Markets Rise Amid Hopes For Euro Zone Stimulus Measures
June 05 2012 4:28 AM
Asian markets rose Tuesday amid hopes that policy makers in Europe would take measures to stem the debt crisis and regain the economic growth momentum.
- Japanese Shares Gain On Bargain Hunting; Topix Rises 1.73%
June 05 2012 2:45 AM
Stock markets in Japan advanced for the first time in five days Tuesday, bouncing up on bargain hunting after recent sharp sell-offs.
- E3 2012 Sony Press Conference: Meet The ?PlayStation All-Stars,? Exclusive ?Assassin?s Creed 3? Footage, And Everything Else You Missed
June 04 2012 10:45 PM
Sony's press conference ahead of the E3 2012 developers' conference revealed some thrilling new prospects for fans, furthering the cinematic quality and carefully detailed graphics that have shaped PlayStation's image.
- E3 2012 Schedule And Live Stream: Where To Watch Press Conferences From Microsoft, Sony, EA And More
June 04 2012 4:05 PM
It?s the biggest week of the year for video game fanatics?the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo begins tomorrow June 5. The three-day-long developers? conference will run through Thursday, and will showcase what 2012 means for the video game industry.
- Asian Stock Markets Tumble On US, China Data
June 04 2012 5:27 AM
Asian stock markets plunged Monday as weaker-than-expected economic data from the US and China raised concerns over the strength of global economic recovery.
- Follow The Leader: Monday's Markets Look A Lot Like Friday's Markets
June 03 2012 11:38 PM
Asian equity indexes are getting whacked on Monday a lot like European and U.S. stock indexes got whacked on Friday, with all of those open at this time having shed between 1 percent and 3 percent in the early going.
- Asian Markets Fall Amid Slowdown In China?s Manufacturing Growth
June 01 2012 1:34 AM
Asian markets fell Friday amid increasing concerns over the slowdown in economic growth in China as the country's manufacturing activity grew at a slower pace in May compared to the previous month.
- PlayStation ?4? Release Expected For 2013; Sony Sticks To Disc Gaming, But Industry May Need Boost For E3
May 31 2012 5:03 PM
Sony considered a download-only format for its next-generation gaming console, but ultimately rejected the idea. The idea that a traditional disc tray could be excluded from one of the most anticipated consoles indicates the growing presence of online networks in the industry.
- ?PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? Release Date For Vita Could Come Soon As Sony Creates New Domains
May 29 2012 4:10 PM
It looks like the rumors are shaping up to be true -- fighting game fanatics are likely to see ?PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale? on the PS Vita. Sony has just registered a domain for the upcoming brawl-out game for the PS Vita.
- Sony?s Patent Stops Games To Display Ads: Will In-Game Advertising Come To PlayStation? [REPORT]
May 29 2012 2:11 PM
A patent application filed by Sony Computer Entertainment America could interrupt gameplay to display an ad. The player will see a warning message before cutting off gameplay. After the ad is shown, the game will rewind before resuming.
- Japan's Unemployment Rate Rises To 4.6% In April
May 29 2012 1:34 AM
Japan?s unemployment rate rose in April compared to previous month increasing concerns of the country?s faltering economic growth momentum.
- E3 2012 Predictions: Will Nintendo?s Wii U Take The Spotlight? ?Halo 4,? ?Black Ops 2,? And More To Expect [SPECS]
May 28 2012 7:55 PM
The annual Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, developers' conference may be the most exciting time of the year for gaming enthusiasts. With the conference set for June 5-7, it's time to speculate on what's in store for E3 2012.
- Asian Stock Markets Fall Amid Greek Exit Fears
May 23 2012 3:20 AM
Asian stock markets declined Wednesday as renewed concerns of Greece's probable exit from the euro zone dampened sentiment.
- Watch James Bond In New Official 'Skyfall' Trailer From Sony Pictures [VIDEO]
May 21 2012 10:26 AM
James Bond is back and the newly released Skyfall trailer has 007 playing some word association before he gets pissed off.