- The list of the top paid athletes of 2011.
- Two of the leading names in the video game industry, Microsoft?s Xbox360 and Sony?s PlayStation 3, both offer Internet-based services to enhance the gaming experience through social and multimedia platforms.
Will Xbox ?720,? PS4 And Wii U Be The Last Gaming Systems? ?Consoles Are Going Away,? Developer SaysThe gaming industry may be focused on the future of gaming consoles, but PCs may be the platform to watch. A recent report from New Scientist says that modern PC graphics cards are 24 times more powerful than those found in Xbox 360 consoles.
- Microsoft has just announced that it will not be attending GamesCom or the Tokyo Game Show this year. However, the German video game trade show doesn?t seem to be shaken by the news, as an organizer says the event is still ?on track? according to MCV.
- Japan's Nikkei 225 Stock Average fell Thursday amid report of cut in Spain's credit rating and disappointing data from the U.S.
- Asian markets fell Friday as investors were disappointed with U.S. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's lack of a commitment to additional monetary easing measures in his congressional testimony on the country's economic outlook.
- Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are all pushing for what?s next in terms of technological advancements to enhance gameplay. At E3 2012, some have revealed more about their next generation consoles than others, such as Nintendo whose press conference centered on what the Wii U will bring to gamers.
- In the latest hologram news, Elvis Presley will be getting the full treatment by none other than the company who resurrected Tupac Shakur for Coachella 2012. Elvis Presley, who died on August 16, 1977, will be brought back to life via hologram made by the Digital Domain Media Group.
- The Electronic Entertainment Expo taking place in Los Angeles is undoubtedly the biggest week of the year for the video game industry, from the perspective of devoted fans and developers alike. E3 2012 has been packed with news and updates on next-generation consoles and gaming titles from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo.
- At E3 2012, the focus seems to be on a lot more than gaming. Each console is competing to gain dominance as the prominent entertainment system in living rooms around the globe, with a different approach from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo.
- Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC is going to make handsets that will be certified for Sony PlayStation Suite. Yes, it has just been announced that the Japanese multinational conglomerate will be partnering with HTC to create phones for a new program, named as PlayStation Mobile.
- Asian markets rose Tuesday amid hopes that policy makers in Europe would take measures to stem the debt crisis and regain the economic growth momentum.
- Stock markets in Japan advanced for the first time in five days Tuesday, bouncing up on bargain hunting after recent sharp sell-offs.
E3 2012 Sony Press Conference: Meet The ?PlayStation All-Stars,? Exclusive ?Assassin?s Creed 3? Footage, And Everything Else You MissedSony's press conference ahead of the E3 2012 developers' conference revealed some thrilling new prospects for fans, furthering the cinematic quality and carefully detailed graphics that have shaped PlayStation's image.
E3 2012 Schedule And Live Stream: Where To Watch Press Conferences From Microsoft, Sony, EA And MoreIt?s the biggest week of the year for video game fanatics?the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo begins tomorrow June 5. The three-day-long developers? conference will run through Thursday, and will showcase what 2012 means for the video game industry.