Articles by Sony
- The 10 Best Airport Freebies
April 30 2012 9:53 AM
It doesn't take a specific type of traveler to appreciate complementary offerings like a free city tour, Wi-Fi, or a kids play area.
- Sony ?Hayabusa? To Debut In June With 13MP Camera Sensor, Snapdragon S4 Chipset; Can The Company?s Biggest Bet Threaten Samsung Galaxy S3 Throne? [SPECS]
April 28 2012 6:52 AM
Samsung is not alone to sizzle up the market with its next-gen smartphone offering. There are other Android manufacturers in the showground who are all set to splash the smartphone arena with their latest flagship devices to challenge Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S3.
- Sharp Reports Net Annual Loss Of $4.66 Billion Amid Dismal LCD, TV Sales
April 27 2012 6:26 AM
Sharp Corp, the Japanese manufacturer of electronic products, reported Friday a record net loss of 376.1 billion yen ($4.66 billion) in the first quarter of the year.
- Nintendo (NTDOY) Reports First Annual Loss In Over 30 Years: Will Wii U Fight Off Mobile Gaming Rivals?
April 26 2012 4:56 PM
Nintendo revolutionized the gaming industry with its Wii console, which was the first commercial gaming device to incorporate motion-censored controls heavily into gaming. However, strong price cuts made to the Wii and the 3DS hand held video game device have lead the company to post its first annual loss in more than three decades, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- iPhones Smuggled In Empty Beer Bottles In China [VIDEO]
April 24 2012 8:21 AM
An old Chinese woman with bunch of empty beer bottles was stopped at the Sha Tau Kok border between Hong Kong and Shenzhen for smuggling more than 200 iPhone 4S into China hidden inside the bottles. The Chinese custom officials at the Sha Tau Kok border caught the woman who claimed that she was taking the empty beer bottles from recycling.
- Asian Stocks Gain Ahead Of Fed Meeting; Nikkei Lags
April 24 2012 8:07 AM
Asian stock markets pared earlier losses and ended with gains Tuesday as investors turned their attention on the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting, which kicks off today, for any hints at monetary easing.
- Asian Stocks Mostly Lower Amid Uncertainty In Europe
April 24 2012 7:05 AM
Most of the Asian stock markets declined Tuesday, following losses on Wall Street overnight as increased political uncertainty in France and the Netherlands as well as disappointing Euro zone manufacturing and services PMIs weighed on the sentiment.
- Nokia Lumia 900 Sales Soaring; Top 10 Apps To Download On Your New Windows Phone
April 21 2012 9:28 AM
Nokia has been betting big on Lumia 900 ever since the company announced its plans to adopt Windows Phone as the primary platform for its smartphones. Lumia 900 eventually hit the US market through AT&T, on a $100 contract.
- Tisch Gala 2012: Clive Davis Reflects On Dick Clark's Death And Their Personal Relationship
April 20 2012 3:04 PM
Dick Clark passed away at the age of 82 Wednesday morning from a massive heart attack. Since his death celebrities have shown their outpouring of love for the American Bandstand originator. Last night at the Tisch Gala in New York City Sony Music Entertainment CEO, Clive Davis, reflected on Clark and his impact on music.
- GE 1Q Earnings, Revenue Top Street's Forecast
April 20 2012 8:39 AM
General Electric Co topped Wall Street's profit and revenue forecasts for the first quarter, helped by strong demand for energy equipment and railroad locomotives.
- IPhone 5 Release Date: New Touch Screen Panels Create Sleeker Design, Apple Looks To Japan For Display Technology
April 19 2012 1:22 PM
Apple is known for reserving details about its upcoming products, with its Worldwide Loyalty Team working to keep the new iPhone’s design and features under wraps. However, the juicy tidbits of information seem to occasionally leak from Apple’s Asian presence, with new production rumors surfacing in Japan.
- 'God Of War 4 Ascension' Release Date: Trailer Debuts, What We Know About Kratos Before He Was A God [VIDEO, PHOTO]
April 19 2012 11:18 AM
Amazon seems to be just as excited about the new “God of War” release as the franchise’s fans. The online mega store published the game’s product page a day early, according to Game Informer. On April 19th Sony officially announced the action platformer’s upcoming fourth release.
- Barnes & Noble New NOOK Now Lets You Read In Darkness; Will The GlowLight Device Conquer The Market Of Apple And Amazon? [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
April 13 2012 8:26 AM
Barnes & Noble has invented a GlowLight solution for those who are addicted to bedtime reading and at the same time do not wish to disturb their sleepy spouses. As claimed by the company, NOOK Simple Touch is the world's first E Ink reader flaunting patent-pending lighting technology with a soft, adjustable glow feature -- GlowLight -- which will let the users read in the darkness, giving them just the right amount of light required for reading.
- Woody Allen's 'To Rome With Love' To Open L.A. Film Festival [TRAILER]
April 12 2012 3:56 PM
Woody Allen's Latest independent film, 'To Rome With Love,' will open the L.A. Film Festival
- 'Sabrina The Teenage Witch' Movie Announced: 5 Actresses Who Could Play Sabrina [PHOTOS]
April 12 2012 1:20 PM
Melissa Joan Hart played Sabrina for seven seasons on TV, who should take her place in the movie?
- 'DUST 514' Is Changing The Future Of MMO Gameplay, 'You Can Feel It In The Gamer Community' [PHOTOS]
April 12 2012 10:56 AM
At Sony’s PlayStation Spring Preview, an array of working titles for the PS3 and Vita platforms were showcased. But the event offered more than a sneak peak at upcoming releases; it proposed an idea that could shape the world of massive multiplayer online (MMO) gameplay.
- US Stock Index Futures Signal Early Gains
April 12 2012 7:14 AM
Stock index futures pointed to a higher open on Wall Street on Thursday, with futures for the S&P 500 up 0.55 percent, Dow Jones futures up 0.42 percent and Nasdaq 100 futures up 0.59 percent at 3:34 a.m. EDT (0734 GMT).
- Toshiba Excite 13 Vs. Other Android Tablets: Is Bigger Not Always Better?
April 11 2012 8:40 AM
Bigger is always better, they say, and following on the same lines, Toshiba has recently announced the launch of its latest tablet with a gigantic screen size, delivering more screen real estate than any other tablet on the market. Yes, it's none other than Toshiba Excite 13. In addition to this, the company has also launched two new tablets in the Excite lineup series -- Excite 10 and Excite 7.7.
- Asian Stocks Decline As Europe Concerns Resurface
April 11 2012 4:47 AM
Asian stock markets declined Wednesday, following an overnight slump in Wall Street as surge in Spain’s borrowing costs reignited concern over the eurozone debt crisis.
- Sony Losses 2011: Loss Projection Doubles To Record $6.4 Billion; Why Hirai Should Fire The Board
April 10 2012 2:53 PM
Not 24 hours after Sony announced it would slash about 10,000 jobs -- about six percent of its global workforce -- by the end of the year, the Japanese electronics maker announced on Tuesday that it has again doubled its annual net loss to a record $6.4 billion.