- The Avengers, the smash hit movie about Marvel superheroes who team up to save the Earth, crushed competitors for a second weekend with a record $103.2 million in U.S. and Canadian ticket sales and was poised to top $1 billion worldwide, studio estimates showed on Sunday.
- Sony Mobile Communication is one of the leading Android smartphone manufacturers to challenge Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One X with its latest flagship devices.
- Consumer electronics and entertainment giant Sony Corp reported Thursday a record net loss for the fiscal year ended March but pinned hopes on a restructuring strategy to return to profit this year.
PS Vita ?Crystal White? Release Date Comes This June For Japan, But Will It Make Its Way To The US? [VIDEO]Sony has announced that a white version of the PlayStation Vita will launch in Japan on June 28th. It will sell at the same price as the original black base model and is sold in Wi-Fi only or 3G versions, reported CNet.
- We are living in a world where a smartphone is not just a mobile device used for making calls and sending text messages, rather it's a full-fledged touch-based computer (can come with QWERTY keypad also) that embeds features like operating system, Internet access, third-party apps and user interface and it acts like your small entertainment box, your reminder of important tasks, your calendar and so many more.
- Japanese technology conglomerate Toshiba Corp said Tuesday that its net profit for the three months ending March 31 declined 63 percent from a year earlier on a strong yen and weak global sales of digital products.
- Asian stock markets plunged Monday as weaker-than-expected US employment report and election results from Europe weighed on investor sentiment.
?God Of War 4: Ascension,? Release To Feature Multiplayer, New Info From Former Director Says This Idea Came Years Ago?God of War: Ascension,? set to be the fourth installment and a prequel to the original, was recently revealed at the end of April. The game will take place before protagonist Kratos became the Ghost of Sparta, and the game?s official trailer gives a vague yet enticing glimpse for fans. But one of the most anticipated features to come with the new title, set for a spring 2013 launch, is the integration of multiplayer gameplay.
- ?Diablo 3? will be introducing a real-money auction house, enabling gamers to buy and sell virtual items using their choice of virtual or real-life funds. ArsTechina reported that Blizzard plans to stick a 15 percent transaction fee on these purchases.
- Asian stock markets ended higher on Wednesday as upbeat U.S. manufacturing data eased worries that the world's biggest economy had lost momentum at the start of the second quarter.
- ?PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale,? a brawl-out fighting game that will feature iconic characters from PlayStation?s history of titles, was announced last week and will launch during this holiday season. Of course, fans are wondering if this will compare to Nintendo?s widely successful ?Super Smash Bros.? series, which has seen various releases ranging from Nintendo 64 to the most recent Wii Console.
- With the ?God of War: Ascension? release date set for Spring 2013, Sony and the game?s developers are keeping their secrets closely guarded while they work to build excitement over the game. At a recent press event Sony Santa Monica and game director Todd Papy unveiled a first glimpse of the brand new multiplayer mode for ?God of War.?
Sony ?Hayabusa? To Debut In June With 13MP Camera Sensor, Snapdragon S4 Chipset; Can The Company?s Biggest Bet Threaten Samsung Galaxy S3 Throne? [SPECS]Samsung is not alone to sizzle up the market with its next-gen smartphone offering. There are other Android manufacturers in the showground who are all set to splash the smartphone arena with their latest flagship devices to challenge Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S3.
- Sharp Corp, the Japanese manufacturer of electronic products, reported Friday a record net loss of 376.1 billion yen ($4.66 billion) in the first quarter of the year.
Nintendo (NTDOY) Reports First Annual Loss In Over 30 Years: Will Wii U Fight Off Mobile Gaming Rivals?Nintendo revolutionized the gaming industry with its Wii console, which was the first commercial gaming device to incorporate motion-censored controls heavily into gaming. However, strong price cuts made to the Wii and the 3DS hand held video game device have lead the company to post its first annual loss in more than three decades, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- An old Chinese woman with bunch of empty beer bottles was stopped at the Sha Tau Kok border between Hong Kong and Shenzhen for smuggling more than 200 iPhone 4S into China hidden inside the bottles. The Chinese custom officials at the Sha Tau Kok border caught the woman who claimed that she was taking the empty beer bottles from recycling.
- Asian stock markets pared earlier losses and ended with gains Tuesday as investors turned their attention on the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting, which kicks off today, for any hints at monetary easing.