Colorado Shooting Expected To Hurt 'The Dark Knight Rises' At The Box Office; Studios Agree To Hold Weekend Figures Until MondayThe Dark Knight Rises is the third installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, and it was initially expected to break the opening weekend box-office record of $207.4 million set by The Avengers. This kind of performance would appear unlikely now.
- Beck, the eclectic and award-winning musician of Odelay and Sea Change fame, is contributing three new songs to the coming video game Sound Shapes.
- The Tokyo-based e-commerce giant Rakuten introduced its Kobo Touch e-reader in Japan on Thursday, and early reports suggest that the device is already a hit.
- Dean Foods, Sprint Nextel, Yahoo, Barclays, France Telecom, Alcatel Lucent, Infosys and Sony Corp. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Tuesday.
A Slimmer PlayStation 3? Leaked Pictures Support Rumors Of Smaller, Slimmer Console From Sony [PHOTOS]In the wake of rumors circulated about a slimmer Sony PlayStation 3 in development, newly leaked pictures appear to confirm the early reports.
- The study, conducted by Sony Electronics and Nielsen television research, measured the most impactful moments in TV history based on participants' recollections of televised events. The results were compiled through an online survey of 1,077 adults selected at random by Nielsen, the company that measures TV ratings.
- Most Asian markets fell Thursday as investor worries about worsening global economic downturn strengthened following unanticipated interest rate cut in South Korea.
- With the Fifty Shades of Grey screen adaptation picking up steam -- many are wondering just how good a film the sultry book will inspire.
Will Nintendo's Wii U Release Feature Slower Processors Than Xbox 360? Company Responds To Microsoft Comparisons [SPECS]Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are all competing in the race to develop the most dominant brand of next-generation gaming consoles. Nintendo?s upcoming Wii U is the first of the rivaling systems to be launched, with a release date of November 2012 expected for the Wii successor.
- The highly anticipated film version of Fifty Shades of Grey now has two notable producers attached.
- Asian stock markets ended lower Tuesday as a weak Chinese trade data stoked fears of a growth slowdown in the world?s second largest economy.
?Assassin?s Creed? Movie Release Gets Michael Fassbender: Why ?Assassin?s Creed 2? Would Make The Best Film Adaptation In The FranchiseFans are awaiting Ubisoft?s upcoming ?Assassin?s Creed 3,? but now loyal players of the stealth-action game will have something else to look forward to as well. It was announced Monday that Michael Fassbender will star in and co-produce a film based on the critically acclaimed video game.
- Estimates have The Amazing Spider-Man finishing the weekend atop the movie box-office standings, raking in $65 million in U.S. and Canadian sales. Overall, it has grossed $140 million since its U.S. release on July 3.
- The actors from Happy Days had claimed that CBS owed them back pay from DVD sales and other worldwide merchandise. The case was one of a series of recent legal spats involving former television stars who have sued for such pay.
?PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? Release Date Revealed: Alleged Leaked Character Roster Indicates Jak And Toro Could Be Unveiled Next [TRAILER]Sony has finally revealed the release date for its ?PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale,? which is expected to be the Sony equivalent to Nintendo?s ?Super Smash Bros.? franchise. The fighting game mash-up will be available on Oct. 23 in the United States, Oct. 24 for most of Europe Oct. 26th for United Kingdom players.
- The superstar's latest endeavor is further proof that the Internet is the perfect medium for comedy.