- The study, conducted by Sony Electronics and Nielsen television research, measured the most impactful moments in TV history based on participants' recollections of televised events. The results were compiled through an online survey of 1,077 adults selected at random by Nielsen, the company that measures TV ratings.
- Most Asian markets fell Thursday as investor worries about worsening global economic downturn strengthened following unanticipated interest rate cut in South Korea.
- With the Fifty Shades of Grey screen adaptation picking up steam -- many are wondering just how good a film the sultry book will inspire.
Will Nintendo's Wii U Release Feature Slower Processors Than Xbox 360? Company Responds To Microsoft Comparisons [SPECS]Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are all competing in the race to develop the most dominant brand of next-generation gaming consoles. Nintendo?s upcoming Wii U is the first of the rivaling systems to be launched, with a release date of November 2012 expected for the Wii successor.
- The highly anticipated film version of Fifty Shades of Grey now has two notable producers attached.
- Asian stock markets ended lower Tuesday as a weak Chinese trade data stoked fears of a growth slowdown in the world?s second largest economy.
?Assassin?s Creed? Movie Release Gets Michael Fassbender: Why ?Assassin?s Creed 2? Would Make The Best Film Adaptation In The FranchiseFans are awaiting Ubisoft?s upcoming ?Assassin?s Creed 3,? but now loyal players of the stealth-action game will have something else to look forward to as well. It was announced Monday that Michael Fassbender will star in and co-produce a film based on the critically acclaimed video game.
- Estimates have The Amazing Spider-Man finishing the weekend atop the movie box-office standings, raking in $65 million in U.S. and Canadian sales. Overall, it has grossed $140 million since its U.S. release on July 3.
- The actors from Happy Days had claimed that CBS owed them back pay from DVD sales and other worldwide merchandise. The case was one of a series of recent legal spats involving former television stars who have sued for such pay.
?PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? Release Date Revealed: Alleged Leaked Character Roster Indicates Jak And Toro Could Be Unveiled Next [TRAILER]Sony has finally revealed the release date for its ?PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale,? which is expected to be the Sony equivalent to Nintendo?s ?Super Smash Bros.? franchise. The fighting game mash-up will be available on Oct. 23 in the United States, Oct. 24 for most of Europe Oct. 26th for United Kingdom players.
- The superstar's latest endeavor is further proof that the Internet is the perfect medium for comedy.
- Twilight fans hoping to see Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart play lovers in the film adaptation of 'Fifty Shades of Grey are going to be gravely disappointed.
Wii U Release May Require Extra Price For Some Online Services; What Will Nintendo Charge For? [VIDEO]Nintendo unveiled a slew of new features for its upcoming Wii U at E3 2012 in early June. But these new perks may come with an additional price.
- Renesas Electronics Corp (TYO: 6723), a leading Japanese semiconductor manufacturer, said that it is letting go 5000 employees in an effort to restructure the organization and bring the company back to black.
?PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? Brings Seth Killian On Board; 2 New Characters Due At Comic Con; Who Should Make The Cut? [FULL LIST]Fighting-game guru Seth Killian, known throughout the industry for his former role as a special game adviser at Capcom, has been recruited for Sony Santa Monica?s external division to work as a lead game designer, reported CVG.
Will PlayStation 4 Release Come With A Cheaper Price? 4 Things We Learned About The Next-Gen Console From Sony's Deal With Gaikai [SPECS]Sony Computer Entertainment America has just announced that it will purchase the cloud-based gaming company Gaikai Inc. for $380 million, as multiple sources have reported.
- Most Asian markets rose this week as investor sentiment turned positive with the announcement of measures at the EU summit in Brussels aimed at alleviating the current debt crisis gripping the euro zone.