Articles by Sony
- 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Adaptation Moves Forward: Mike De Luca And Dana Brunetti Set To Produce
July 10 2012 12:18 PM
The highly anticipated film version of Fifty Shades of Grey now has two notable producers attached.
- Asian Stock Markets Decline After China Trade Data
July 10 2012 4:58 AM
Asian stock markets ended lower Tuesday as a weak Chinese trade data stoked fears of a growth slowdown in the world?s second largest economy.
- ?Assassin?s Creed? Movie Release Gets Michael Fassbender: Why ?Assassin?s Creed 2? Would Make The Best Film Adaptation In The Franchise
July 09 2012 11:33 AM
Fans are awaiting Ubisoft?s upcoming ?Assassin?s Creed 3,? but now loyal players of the stealth-action game will have something else to look forward to as well. It was announced Monday that Michael Fassbender will star in and co-produce a film based on the critically acclaimed video game.
- Blake Lively Is Praised For 'Savages' Role, While 'The Amazing Spider-Man' Wins Box-Office Battle
July 08 2012 5:44 PM
Estimates have The Amazing Spider-Man finishing the weekend atop the movie box-office standings, raking in $65 million in U.S. and Canadian sales. Overall, it has grossed $140 million since its U.S. release on July 3.
- 'Happy Days' Are Here Again: Legal Victory For Cast
July 06 2012 6:09 PM
The actors from Happy Days had claimed that CBS owed them back pay from DVD sales and other worldwide merchandise. The case was one of a series of recent legal spats involving former television stars who have sued for such pay.
- ?PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? Release Date Revealed: Alleged Leaked Character Roster Indicates Jak And Toro Could Be Unveiled Next [TRAILER]
July 06 2012 4:49 PM
Sony has finally revealed the release date for its ?PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale,? which is expected to be the Sony equivalent to Nintendo?s ?Super Smash Bros.? franchise. The fighting game mash-up will be available on Oct. 23 in the United States, Oct. 24 for most of Europe Oct. 26th for United Kingdom players.
- Jerry Seinfeld Web Show 'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Soon To Debut [VIDEO]
July 05 2012 9:36 PM
The superstar's latest endeavor is further proof that the Internet is the perfect medium for comedy.
- Pattinson and Stewart Won't Star In 'Fifty Shades Of Grey,' According To Author
July 05 2012 3:46 PM
Twilight fans hoping to see Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart play lovers in the film adaptation of 'Fifty Shades of Grey are going to be gravely disappointed.
- Wii U Release May Require Extra Price For Some Online Services; What Will Nintendo Charge For? [VIDEO]
July 04 2012 11:39 AM
Nintendo unveiled a slew of new features for its upcoming Wii U at E3 2012 in early June. But these new perks may come with an additional price.
- Renesas Electronics To Cut 5000 Jobs To Save $550 Million
July 03 2012 7:23 AM
Renesas Electronics Corp (TYO: 6723), a leading Japanese semiconductor manufacturer, said that it is letting go 5000 employees in an effort to restructure the organization and bring the company back to black.
- ?PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? Brings Seth Killian On Board; 2 New Characters Due At Comic Con; Who Should Make The Cut? [FULL LIST]
July 02 2012 5:24 PM
Fighting-game guru Seth Killian, known throughout the industry for his former role as a special game adviser at Capcom, has been recruited for Sony Santa Monica?s external division to work as a lead game designer, reported CVG.
- Will PlayStation 4 Release Come With A Cheaper Price? 4 Things We Learned About The Next-Gen Console From Sony's Deal With Gaikai [SPECS]
July 02 2012 10:34 AM
Sony Computer Entertainment America has just announced that it will purchase the cloud-based gaming company Gaikai Inc. for $380 million, as multiple sources have reported.
- Asian Stock Markets End Flat; China Data Weigh
July 02 2012 5:17 AM
Asian Stock markets ended flat Monday as the optimism over Europe's moves to tackle the region's debt crisis faded and lackluster data from China also weighed.
- Weekly Roundup: Asian Markets Rise On Developments At EU Summit
June 29 2012 11:58 PM
Most Asian markets rose this week as investor sentiment turned positive with the announcement of measures at the EU summit in Brussels aimed at alleviating the current debt crisis gripping the euro zone.
- Spider Man 2012: Emma Stone, Kirsten Dunst And Other Ladies Who Got Tangled Up In Peter Parker's Web [PHOTOS]
June 29 2012 10:59 AM
Who has captured the heart of Peter Parker and Spider-Man?
- EU Summit Proposals Lift Asian Stock Markets
June 29 2012 5:28 AM
Asian stock markets rallied Friday as sentiment was buoyed after leaders at the European Union summit in Brussels agreed on important plans to tackle the region's debt crisis.
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet Unveiled: Meet Xbox 720, Wii U And PS4?s Newest Competitor; Why Next Generation of Consoles Could Be The Last
June 27 2012 8:02 PM
Google unveiled its Nexus Tablet 7 at its I/O developer?s conference, as analysts and critics predicted. The device boasted a host of alluring new features such as the latest version of Android?s operating system. But underneath the sleek build and smooth software lies what could represent a turning point in the gaming industry.
- Google I/O 2012: Rumors That Are Likely To Become Announcements At This Year?s Developers Conference
June 27 2012 11:21 AM
Apple had its time to shine earlier in June, and now its Google?s turn. Google I/O 2012, the company?s annual developer?s conference, is expected to unveil the next Android operating system and its upcoming release in its Nexus-brand of devices. The keynote is set to launch in only a couple of hours, and here?s the final roundup of last minute rumors and what to expect from the search engine giant?s spotlight moment.
- Kenny Chesney Look-Alike, Nathan Blankenship, Thrown Out Of Brothers of the Sun Tour Show In Nashville
June 27 2012 9:52 AM
A man that bears a striking resemblance to the American country music singer Kenny Chesney recently got tossed from the country star's Brothers of the Sun Tour show in Nashville, Tenn. Nathan Blankenship was removed from the Kenny Chesney concert in Nashville on Saturday, June 23, after he was stopped by several people and asked to take photos with those who thought he was the Hemingway's Whiskey artist.
- Ghosn-zilla! Brazilian CEO Is Biggest Earner In Japan
June 26 2012 11:06 AM
Nissan Motor Company (Tokyo: 7201) CEO Carlos Ghosn was the highest-paid CEO in Japan in the last fiscal year with a salary and bonus totaling 987 million yen ($12.5 million), according to Reuters.