Articles by Sony
- Gamescom 2012 Is Under Way: See Full Schedule And Dates, What To Expect From Ubisoft, ‘Black Ops 2’ Multiplayer And Wii U Gameplay [TRAILER]
August 14 2012 12:32 PM
Gamescom 2012 is officially under way, with press conferences from two of the biggest names in the video game industry already finished. Capcom and Electronic Arts have showcased their current projects in the works, but there are still two days left of the European interactive entertainment trade fair
- Bret Easton Ellis Says Openly Gay Matt Bomer Is Wrong For ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
August 09 2012 12:51 PM
Since the film adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey" was announced in March, speculation about who will play the role of Christian Grey has run wild.
- 'Avengers 2' Casting Rumors And Speculation: What's Next For Earth's Mightiest Heroes?
August 09 2012 10:04 AM
With rumors circulating that Ben Affleck is in talks to handle Warner Brothers’ “Justice League” property (featuring DC superheroes Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and others), the news of Joss Whedon signing for “Avengers 2” surprises few.
- Peregrine Semiconductor Resumes Tech IPO Parade After Facebook's Fiasco
August 08 2012 6:35 AM
Peregrine Semiconductor, which has sold more than a billion high-frequency chips to the mobile industry in the past five years, raised $77 million in its IPO on Tuesday and plans to start trading Wednesday, the latest technology IPO since the Facebook fiasco.
- Asian Stock Markets Up On Stimulus Hopes
August 08 2012 4:47 AM
Asian stock markets advanced for the third straight session on Wednesday as sentiment continued to improve on hopes that the major central banks around the world will soon announce new round of stimulus measures to spur economic growth.
- Microsoft Enters IP Licensing Agreement With Sharp To Use The New exFAT File System In Smartphones
August 08 2012 1:37 AM
Microsoft has entered into an intellectual property (IP) licensing agreement with Sharp to use the latest Extended File Allocation Table (exFAT), a modern file system that facilitates large files for audiovisual media and enables seamless data portability for an easy interchange of files between desktop PCs and other electronic devices.
- ‘Community’ Creator Dan Harmon: ‘I Would Have Fired Me’
August 07 2012 2:01 PM
"Community" creator Dan Harmon on Monday had strong words for his former bosses at Sony Pictures Television and NBC when he sat in on a radio program in Santa Monica.
- The Latest Publishing Craze: Print Books?
August 07 2012 10:24 AM
A new report published by the Book Industry Study Group found that fewer consumers are purchasing books exclusively in electronic formats, while the number of booklovers who have "no preference" for e-books over print books is increasing.
- Microsoft Acknowledges New Xbox Console, Rumored To Be Codenamed 'Durango'
August 06 2012 3:26 PM
Microsoft, which has long refused to confirm the advent of a next-generation Xbox console, has finally confirmed new hardware in development, rumored to be codenamed "Durango."
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Trumps Colin Ferrell's 'Total Recall' Remake At The Box Office
August 04 2012 7:46 PM
For the third Friday in a row, "The Dark Knight Rises" reigned supreme at the box office. Christopher Nolan's conclusion of his Batman trilogy earned $10.4 million, while newcomer "Total Recall," starring Colin Ferrell and Jessica Biel, managed to pull in just $9.2 million its first day in theaters.
- Lollapalooza 2012 Kicks Off Friday, Where To Watch Streaming Video Of The Festival And What Bands To Look For
August 03 2012 3:39 PM
Black Sabbath, The Black Keys and Frank Ocean are just a few of the major acts that will headline the twenty-first year of Chicago's Lollapalooza Festival. Although tickets are sold out, fans can stream the concerts of bands they want to see online.
- Asian Stocks Decline After ECB Disappoints
August 03 2012 5:48 AM
Asian stock markets declined Friday as sentiment was dampened after the European Central Bank (ECB) failed to offer any new stimulus measures to resolve the sovereign crisis in the euro zone.
- Asian Stocks Fall As ECB Disappoints
August 03 2012 12:08 AM
Most of the Asian markets fell Friday as investors were disappointed to find that the European Central Bank did not announce stimulus measures Thursday to boost the faltering euro zone economy.
- Rashida Jones Plays Against Type In ‘Celeste And Jesse Forever’
August 02 2012 5:48 PM
For Rashida Jones, "Celeste and Jesse Forever" not only marks her screenwriting debut but showcases her remarkable range.
- Sony Reports $312 Million First-Quarter Loss Following April's Promised Revival: Can 'One Sony' Still Save The Struggling Tech Giant?
August 02 2012 12:26 PM
Sony reported far greater losses than the struggling company initially expected in its latest quarterly report. Still mired in the process of restructuring the company, how will Kazuo Hirai still carry through his vision for "One Sony?"
- Kaitlyn Leeb's Three Breasts Fully Exposed In 'Total Recall' Remake Despite PG-13 Rating
August 02 2012 7:40 AM
Kaitlyn Leeb's character will reportedly bare all three three breasts -- nipples and all -- in the new "Total Recall" despite the film's tame PG-13 rating.
- Asian Stocks Mixed Ahead Of ECB Meeting
August 02 2012 12:05 AM
Asian markets were mixed Thursday as investors remained watchful ahead of the European Central Bank meeting later in the day in which stimulus measures to boost the faltering euro zone economy are expected to be announced.
- Will Rihanna?s Sunken ?Battleship? Torpedo Future Board Game Movies?
August 01 2012 1:02 PM
Despite the underperforming "Battleship," and the fact that today's multiplexes are largely populated by people too young to remember a time when home entertainment did not come in pixels, a slew of new board game movies are coming up the Hollywood pipeline.
- Apple iPhone 5 Initial Shipments Could Be Disrupted Due To Low Yield Rates Of In-Cell Touch Panels: Report
August 01 2012 6:24 AM
In the wake of multiple reports claiming that Apple would make its sixth generation iPhone, unofficially called the "iPhone 5," public at a special event in September, another report from Asia hit the web Tuesday, suggesting that the delivery schedule and the early shipment of the flagship smartphone might be disrupted due to low yield rates of in-cell touch panels the device is rumored to feature.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Factory Images Released: How To Restart Your Phone With The New OS, Other Devices To Get The Upgrade [FEATURES]
July 31 2012 4:22 PM
Ever since Google unveiled its new Jelly Bean operating system, the mobile industry has been buzzing about the new ?buttery? OS. The release date could be coming soon, as the search engine giant has just posted factory images of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for its line of Nexus devices. These are the first smartphones and tablets to get the new operating system.