- Four months after Sony unveiled its "One Sony" concept to recapture its leading role, Sony has finally offered a glimpse into its practical strategies to streamline integration between different hardware products and media platforms.
- Neil Burger (“Limitless”) is the latest director to leave the troubled “Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune” film adaptation, according to Variety.
- Asian stock markets declined Friday as hopes for a strong policy action from the U.S. Federal Reserve faded and disappointing economic reports on China and the euro zone revived concerns over the faltering global economy.
- Walt Disney Studios (NYSE: DIS) confirmed to Us Weekly on Wednesday that Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, the 4-year-old daughter of Hollywood power couple Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, is making her big-screen debut in "Maleficent," a live-action "Sleeping Beauty" reboot that stars her famous mom in the title role.
- Sony Mobile announced Thursday that it would lay off about 15 percent (approximately 1,000 personnel) of its global workforce as part of its global operational restructure. The company also announced that it would move its corporate headquarters from Lund, Sweden, to Tokyo, Japan in October.
- Black Isle, the company behind such games as the original post-apocalyptic RPG “Fallout” and “Planescape: Torment” has apparently been revived by Interplay, according to Kotaku.
- According to Kotaku, Nintendo will be holding a press conference on September 13, 2012 in New York. Kotaku reports that in a press invitation sent to various outlets, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime will be on-hand to discuss "more about how the Wii U will change the future of gaming and entertainment."
- NBC has won a bidding war for a new single-camera series starring Michael J. Fox. The series is based on Fox's own life.
- According to MTV Geek, Sony is planning on supporting its beleaguered Vita handheld gaming device. The device launched back in February of this year and was met with massive sales drops in the following weeks, post-release.
- Sony Corp. is doing its best to maintain Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita performance in the lead-up to next year's anticipated launch of its next-generation console by cutting costs and introducing a wide range of new intellectual property for the rapidly aging devices.
Michael J. Fox Teams Up With 'Arrested Development' Writer For New Sitcom As Networks Start A 'Bidding War'Veteran actor Michael J. Fox appears ready to officially come out of retirement. The "Back to the Future" star has teamed up with "Easy A" director Will Gluck and Sam Laybourne, writer for cult-classic comedies "Arrested Development" and "Cougar Town" to develop a new prime-time comedy to premier in 2013.
- Late in its current-generation life cycle and amidst countless rumors about the upcoming Playstation 4, Sony is finally introducing a native YouTube app to its Playstation 3 gaming console. Is this a sign of Sony's future plans of all-encompassing media integration?
Gamescom 2012 Is Under Way: See Full Schedule And Dates, What To Expect From Ubisoft, ‘Black Ops 2’ Multiplayer And Wii U Gameplay [TRAILER]Gamescom 2012 is officially under way, with press conferences from two of the biggest names in the video game industry already finished. Capcom and Electronic Arts have showcased their current projects in the works, but there are still two days left of the European interactive entertainment trade fair
- Since the film adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey" was announced in March, speculation about who will play the role of Christian Grey has run wild.
- Peregrine Semiconductor, which has sold more than a billion high-frequency chips to the mobile industry in the past five years, raised $77 million in its IPO on Tuesday and plans to start trading Wednesday, the latest technology IPO since the Facebook fiasco.
- Microsoft has entered into an intellectual property (IP) licensing agreement with Sharp to use the latest Extended File Allocation Table (exFAT), a modern file system that facilitates large files for audiovisual media and enables seamless data portability for an easy interchange of files between desktop PCs and other electronic devices.
- "Community" creator Dan Harmon on Monday had strong words for his former bosses at Sony Pictures Television and NBC when he sat in on a radio program in Santa Monica.