Articles by Sony
- Michael J. Fox Will Play Character With Parkinson's In New Series
August 21 2012 11:53 AM
NBC has won a bidding war for a new single-camera series starring Michael J. Fox. The series is based on Fox's own life.
- Sony Plans To Bolster Playstation Vita Support, Too Little Too Late After Release Date?
August 17 2012 10:47 AM
According to MTV Geek, Sony is planning on supporting its beleaguered Vita handheld gaming device. The device launched back in February of this year and was met with massive sales drops in the following weeks, post-release.
- Sony's Dilemma: New IP, Cheaper Hardware For Longer Product Life Vs. New Products
August 17 2012 6:23 AM
Sony Corp. is doing its best to maintain Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita performance in the lead-up to next year's anticipated launch of its next-generation console by cutting costs and introducing a wide range of new intellectual property for the rapidly aging devices.
- Michael J. Fox Teams Up With 'Arrested Development' Writer For New Sitcom As Networks Start A 'Bidding War'
August 15 2012 5:02 PM
Veteran actor Michael J. Fox appears ready to officially come out of retirement. The "Back to the Future" star has teamed up with "Easy A" director Will Gluck and Sam Laybourne, writer for cult-classic comedies "Arrested Development" and "Cougar Town" to develop a new prime-time comedy to premier in 2013.
- Sony Debuts YouTube App For Playstation 3, Has Remote Control With Smartphones
August 14 2012 3:27 PM
Late in its current-generation life cycle and amidst countless rumors about the upcoming Playstation 4, Sony is finally introducing a native YouTube app to its Playstation 3 gaming console. Is this a sign of Sony's future plans of all-encompassing media integration?
- Gamescom 2012 Is Under Way: See Full Schedule And Dates, What To Expect From Ubisoft, ‘Black Ops 2’ Multiplayer And Wii U Gameplay [TRAILER]
August 14 2012 12:32 PM
Gamescom 2012 is officially under way, with press conferences from two of the biggest names in the video game industry already finished. Capcom and Electronic Arts have showcased their current projects in the works, but there are still two days left of the European interactive entertainment trade fair
- Bret Easton Ellis Says Openly Gay Matt Bomer Is Wrong For ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
August 09 2012 12:51 PM
Since the film adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey" was announced in March, speculation about who will play the role of Christian Grey has run wild.
- 'Avengers 2' Casting Rumors And Speculation: What's Next For Earth's Mightiest Heroes?
August 09 2012 10:04 AM
With rumors circulating that Ben Affleck is in talks to handle Warner Brothers’ “Justice League” property (featuring DC superheroes Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and others), the news of Joss Whedon signing for “Avengers 2” surprises few.
- Peregrine Semiconductor Resumes Tech IPO Parade After Facebook's Fiasco
August 08 2012 6:35 AM
Peregrine Semiconductor, which has sold more than a billion high-frequency chips to the mobile industry in the past five years, raised $77 million in its IPO on Tuesday and plans to start trading Wednesday, the latest technology IPO since the Facebook fiasco.
- Asian Stock Markets Up On Stimulus Hopes
August 08 2012 4:47 AM
Asian stock markets advanced for the third straight session on Wednesday as sentiment continued to improve on hopes that the major central banks around the world will soon announce new round of stimulus measures to spur economic growth.
- Microsoft Enters IP Licensing Agreement With Sharp To Use The New exFAT File System In Smartphones
August 08 2012 1:37 AM
Microsoft has entered into an intellectual property (IP) licensing agreement with Sharp to use the latest Extended File Allocation Table (exFAT), a modern file system that facilitates large files for audiovisual media and enables seamless data portability for an easy interchange of files between desktop PCs and other electronic devices.
- ‘Community’ Creator Dan Harmon: ‘I Would Have Fired Me’
August 07 2012 2:01 PM
"Community" creator Dan Harmon on Monday had strong words for his former bosses at Sony Pictures Television and NBC when he sat in on a radio program in Santa Monica.
- The Latest Publishing Craze: Print Books?
August 07 2012 10:24 AM
A new report published by the Book Industry Study Group found that fewer consumers are purchasing books exclusively in electronic formats, while the number of booklovers who have "no preference" for e-books over print books is increasing.
- Microsoft Acknowledges New Xbox Console, Rumored To Be Codenamed 'Durango'
August 06 2012 3:26 PM
Microsoft, which has long refused to confirm the advent of a next-generation Xbox console, has finally confirmed new hardware in development, rumored to be codenamed "Durango."
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Trumps Colin Ferrell's 'Total Recall' Remake At The Box Office
August 04 2012 7:46 PM
For the third Friday in a row, "The Dark Knight Rises" reigned supreme at the box office. Christopher Nolan's conclusion of his Batman trilogy earned $10.4 million, while newcomer "Total Recall," starring Colin Ferrell and Jessica Biel, managed to pull in just $9.2 million its first day in theaters.
- Lollapalooza 2012 Kicks Off Friday, Where To Watch Streaming Video Of The Festival And What Bands To Look For
August 03 2012 3:39 PM
Black Sabbath, The Black Keys and Frank Ocean are just a few of the major acts that will headline the twenty-first year of Chicago's Lollapalooza Festival. Although tickets are sold out, fans can stream the concerts of bands they want to see online.
- Asian Stocks Decline After ECB Disappoints
August 03 2012 5:48 AM
Asian stock markets declined Friday as sentiment was dampened after the European Central Bank (ECB) failed to offer any new stimulus measures to resolve the sovereign crisis in the euro zone.
- Asian Stocks Fall As ECB Disappoints
August 03 2012 12:08 AM
Most of the Asian markets fell Friday as investors were disappointed to find that the European Central Bank did not announce stimulus measures Thursday to boost the faltering euro zone economy.
- Rashida Jones Plays Against Type In ‘Celeste And Jesse Forever’
August 02 2012 5:48 PM
For Rashida Jones, "Celeste and Jesse Forever" not only marks her screenwriting debut but showcases her remarkable range.
- Sony Reports $312 Million First-Quarter Loss Following April's Promised Revival: Can 'One Sony' Still Save The Struggling Tech Giant?
August 02 2012 12:26 PM
Sony reported far greater losses than the struggling company initially expected in its latest quarterly report. Still mired in the process of restructuring the company, how will Kazuo Hirai still carry through his vision for "One Sony?"