- Microsoft, which has long refused to confirm the advent of a next-generation Xbox console, has finally confirmed new hardware in development, rumored to be codenamed "Durango."
- For the third Friday in a row, "The Dark Knight Rises" reigned supreme at the box office. Christopher Nolan's conclusion of his Batman trilogy earned $10.4 million, while newcomer "Total Recall," starring Colin Ferrell and Jessica Biel, managed to pull in just $9.2 million its first day in theaters.
Lollapalooza 2012 Kicks Off Friday, Where To Watch Streaming Video Of The Festival And What Bands To Look ForBlack Sabbath, The Black Keys and Frank Ocean are just a few of the major acts that will headline the twenty-first year of Chicago's Lollapalooza Festival. Although tickets are sold out, fans can stream the concerts of bands they want to see online.
- For Rashida Jones, "Celeste and Jesse Forever" not only marks her screenwriting debut but showcases her remarkable range.
Sony Reports $312 Million First-Quarter Loss Following April's Promised Revival: Can 'One Sony' Still Save The Struggling Tech Giant?Sony reported far greater losses than the struggling company initially expected in its latest quarterly report. Still mired in the process of restructuring the company, how will Kazuo Hirai still carry through his vision for "One Sony?"
- Kaitlyn Leeb's character will reportedly bare all three three breasts -- nipples and all -- in the new "Total Recall" despite the film's tame PG-13 rating.
- Despite the underperforming "Battleship," and the fact that today's multiplexes are largely populated by people too young to remember a time when home entertainment did not come in pixels, a slew of new board game movies are coming up the Hollywood pipeline.
Apple iPhone 5 Initial Shipments Could Be Disrupted Due To Low Yield Rates Of In-Cell Touch Panels: ReportIn the wake of multiple reports claiming that Apple would make its sixth generation iPhone, unofficially called the "iPhone 5," public at a special event in September, another report from Asia hit the web Tuesday, suggesting that the delivery schedule and the early shipment of the flagship smartphone might be disrupted due to low yield rates of in-cell touch panels the device is rumored to feature.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Factory Images Released: How To Restart Your Phone With The New OS, Other Devices To Get The Upgrade [FEATURES]Ever since Google unveiled its new Jelly Bean operating system, the mobile industry has been buzzing about the new ?buttery? OS. The release date could be coming soon, as the search engine giant has just posted factory images of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for its line of Nexus devices. These are the first smartphones and tablets to get the new operating system.
- Aerosmith is set to release their latest studio album "Music From Another Dimension," which will drop on November 5. The band has tapped a number of outside talents to add some unique flavor to its new album.
- While there's no way to verify supposed iPhone 5 photos yet, photos of prototype iPhones from 2006 came to light Thursday, and they're just as interesting. Oddly enough, one of the designs resembles a less refined iPhone 4, with another looking a lot like a bigger iPod mini (remember those?).
- According to gaming site GameRevolution, Apple has patented a dual-shock gaming controller. Back in April, Kotaku speculated that Apple was secretly developing a video game console that was similar, in concept, to Microsoft's Kinect console add-on. This would mean that their console would support movement, and, in typical Apple fashion, would work in harmony with Apple's touch-screen television.
New 'Super-Slim' Playstation 3, The 'PS3-4000,' Will Not Be Revealed At Gamescom, But New Models Have Been ConfirmedSony Computer Entertainment will not be announcing it's latest and most-likely final iteration of the Playstation 3 console next month at the Gamescom trade show in Germany, several sources confirm. But while the pricing for the PS3-4000 are still heavily rumored, some details on the new models have been confirmed.
‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Reportedly Earned $160 Million At The Box Office, Despite Aurora, Colorado, ShootingThe Dark Knight Rises has been the most hotly anticipated blockbuster film of the summer, but its opening weekend was marred by a horrific shooting spree at a movie theater that left 12 dead and 58 injured in Aurora, Colo. Nonetheless, sources said its box-office take has been at least $160 million.
Aurora, Colorado Tragedy Leads Hollywood Studios To Withhold Ticket Stats For 'Dark Knight Rises,' Other FilmsMovie studios are joining together to show respect for the victims of the horrific Aurora, Colorado, movie theater massacre by withholding weekend ticket sale figures for The Dark Knight Rises and other films.