- FameTube, founded by Bryan Cornelius, is a website that is dedicated solely to promoting undiscovered artists and is quickly becoming a recognized platform to gain fame
- After slaughtering countless green piggies in the quest to secure the stolen eggs, the birds of Rovio’s smash hit (no pun intended) “Angry Birds” will be taking a back seat to the pigs this time around with the game’s sequel.
- For those of you who joined my FX Street webinar this morning then you may have noted that I pointed out a bearish divergence between GBPUSD price action and the hourly MACD. Usually when this happens it signals a turn-around in price action. Indeed, as we have progressed throughout the London session GBPUSD has sold off. The break below 1.5885 in GBPUSD was pivotal and triggered the move lower in price action in line with the MACD signal.
- Since teen bride Courtney Stodden turned 18-years-old, the hot topic surrounding the young blonde is will she...or won't she do porn. While the bride of "Lost" actor Doug Hutchison has took to Twitter to shoot down the porn offers she received, she is still teasing a big naked reveal for fans.
- The Euro gave back the overnight advance to 1.2626 as Moody's Investor Services cut the EU's Aaa credit-rating to 'negative' from 'stable,' while German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble argued that Greece must fulfill 'its obligations completely' as the region looks for an extension to meet its budget target. Meanwhile, European Central Bank President Mario Draghi warned of the ongoing rift within the EU as the bond purchase program comes under increased scrutiny, but ...
- Demonoid could be making a comeback, but after the founder of the Pirate Bay was arrested, the BitTorrent site might not be as inclined to return.
- The markets seem to be getting a little jittery as we lead up to the ECB meeting and narrow ranges abound. EURUSD gave up the 1.26 handle just before lunchtime in the London session after some news came out that said Spain would inject debt rather and cash into its struggling banking behemoth Bankia. This is a bridging loan before Bankia has access to the EFSF/ESM banking bailout funds of up to EUR100 billion. However, the decision to use debt rather than cash does two things: 1, make Bankia'...
- All eyes are on the ISM Manufacturing report, which is expected to show the US factory sector held up in August after activity contracted in the preceding two months. Markets are likely to interpret the result through the prism of Fed stimulus expectations after Ben Bernanke was seen as giving a nod to QE3 at the Jackson Hole Symposium last week.
- Salman Khan's latest release "Ek Tha Tiger" is roaring at the overseas box office. The movie has crossed the $10 million mark in the international market, thus becoming the top ten grosser of all time.
- Commodity prices scored broad-based gains on Friday as traders interpreted Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's speech at the Jackson Hole Symposium to be opening the door for a third round of quantitative easing (QE3). While Bernanke did not give explicit guidance, the central theme of his remarks appeared to center on the idea that nonstandard monetary stimulus measures helped the recovery and appeared to have been worthwhile given the trade-off between their various costs and benefits. The central ...
- Even though the Fed's Ben Bernanke made an impassioned plea that QE has benefitted the US economy at Jackson Hole on Friday and it would still be his preferred option to try and boost the economy further, risk assets have come off their Bernanke-induced sugar high and EURUSD is back below 1.26 after reaching a high of 1.2640 on Friday. The limited response to Bernanke could be due to 1, the fact he never mentioned when there could be more QE. If we get a strong payrolls number on Friday does ...
Apple iPhone 5: Fully Assembled New iPhone Mockup Spotted At IFA 2012; Taiwanese Pop Star Posts Pictures [VIDEO]With the next gen Apple iPhone widely believed to be just days away, a new video has reportedly appeared at the IFA 2012 trade show in Berlin, showing a handset that claims to be a mockup of the fully assembled Apple iPhone 5.
- After performing at Made In America Saturday Kanye West took to his Twitter account to question the importance of "bitch' and "n***a" in rap and hip hop today.
- Rapper 50 Cent is alive despite persistent rumors to the contrary on Twitter and throughout the Internet. The incorrect news that he had passed away came about in the wake of the death of his manager Chris Lighty.
Miss World 2012: How Miss China, Host City Ordos Court Controversy With Fame; Top 4 Miss World ControversiesEver since Miss China Wenxia Yu was crowned Miss World Aug.18, she has come under flak for jury favoritism. Even the host city Ordos is not spared as reports of economic woes and subtle attempts to refurbish its image surface amid its ongoing attempts to win international recognition.
Why The ‘Skyrim’ ‘Dawnguard’ DLC Release Date May Never Come For PS3: ‘This Is Not A Problem We’re Positive We Can Solve’ [TRAILER]“Skyrim” players using PS3 have been eagerly anticipating the release date for the “Dawnguard” DLC. However, they may be waiting for a day that will never come, according to Bethesda.
- Clint Eastwood speech endorses Mitt Romney, but has come under fire for the bizarre rant.
- Pictures of the blue moon Friday have begun to go viral on Twitter as tweeters from all over post their own photographs. Most people know that the term "blue moon" doesn't mean that the moon is actually blue. However, some denizens of the Twitterverse have chosen to alter their images of Earth's only moon.
- Shortly after Demonoid was removed from the Internet, the popular site uTorrent announced it would begin to sell advertisements on its service, signaling to the Motion Picture Association of America and Recording Industry Association of America that the battle against online piracy will only get tougher.
- Bill Cosby is not dead. Neither is Eddie Murphy, Denzel Washington, or Bill Nye. But celebrity death rumors like this pop up all the time on sites such as Twitter, where false information can spread like wildfire.