- Despite being out of the office for nearly 3 weeks, I've stayed on top of AUDUSD and EURAUD developments (as much as one can when surrounded by the natural beauty of Hawaii). The lagging nature of the AUDUSD (new highs in stocks but not in AUD) is reminiscent of the previous topping process in 'risk' from earlier this year (March).
- Last week was a week that was driven by the potential for stimulus from all corners of the world. First out of the starting gate was the announcement by ECB President Draghi about the details of the new bond buying program. This was followed by the increased likelihood (the view of the market) that the US Fed would embark on a new round of quantitative easing at the September 12/13 FOMC meeting after the weak jobs report on Friday. China's President HU said at the APEC conference that infrast...
- Over the weekend Rihanna added the most elaborate tattoo yet to her collection-a tattoo of a Goddess, tattooed around her ribcage
- The Euro slipped to 1.2768 as Greece's Pasok party warned that the Troika - the European Union, European Central Bank, and the International Monetary fund - rejected more than EUR 2.0B of the proposed EUR 11.5B austerity program, while Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti argued against the conditionality proposed by the ECB's new bond-purchasing program as the budget-cutting measures continue to dampen growth. At the same time, a German official filed a complaint against the ECB's non-st...
- Rumors have been circulating that singer LeAnn Rimes may be on the opposite end of the cheating spectra. Reports are surfacing that while Rimes is taking some time in rehab to deal with anxiety and stress issues, her husband Eddie Cibrian has turned to another woman -- his ex-wife, Brandi Glanville.
- There has been a lack of conviction in the markets this morning. EURUSD has fallen back from its 1.2810 high, and stocks are mixed to slightly lower since the London open. After their sharp falls on Friday, Spanish bond yields have started to climb higher, but not worryingly so. The 10-year yield is now at 5.65%, however, Spain may end up being the undoing of the ECB's latest sovereign rescue plan as low or falling bond yields make it less likely that Madrid will formally request aid, which i...
Is Tom Kenny, Voice Of SpongeBob SquarePants, Dead? No. The Voice Actor Is The Latest Victim Of A Death HoaxRelax, your childhood memories are safe: Tom Kenny, the actor who voices SpongeBob Squarepants in the eponymous television series, is not dead after all. He's simply the latest celebrity to fall victim to the ridiculous Twitter death-hoax machine.
- Reality television just keeps getting classier and classier. Just when "Jersey Shore" and "Real Housewives of New Jersey" make it seem like the art form was at the absolute bottom -- or top, depending on one's opinion -- Demi Lovato of "The X Factor" spit into fellow judge Simon Cowell's hand.
- NY1 turns 20 this week and the unexpectedly successful New York news channel's star anchor Pat Kiernan is restless, ready to move on to bigger venues. Still, he says, he knows how lucky he's been: "I have landed in absolutely the best spot as far as the changing economics and patterns of the news business."
- From Charlie Sheen's public unraveling to Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment, the most recognizable pop-culture trends in recent years have come from the real-life folly of the public sphere. That's a far shift, media experts say, from the days when a one-size-fits-all monoculture was produced on Hollywood sound stages and back lots.
- New York was struck by two tornadoes on Saturday, with the first twister primarily hitting Queens and the second primarily hitting Brooklyn. Check out some of the most shocking photos and videos of the tornado.
Alfonso Ribeiro Dead? False Rumors Say The Actor Best Known For Playing Carlton Banks On 'Fresh Prince' DiedAlfonso Ribeiro is not dead, as the actor best known for playing Carlton Banks on the hit television show "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" reassured his fans via Twitter Saturday. Ribeiro is just the latest actor said to be dead in what is beginning to seem like an unending number of celebrity death hoaxes that gain traction online through social media.
- The so-called C-class is Brazil's fast-growing middle class, more than 50 million strong. Now there's even a soap opera geared toward upwardly mobile Brazilians, and seemingly everybody -- most of all advertisers -- is taking note.
Kim Zolciak Is Not The Only Celebrity Mother With Shocking Post-Baby Weight Loss: Check Out Alicia Keys, Halle Berry, And More [SLIDESHOW]While Kim Zolciak's amount of weight loss is certainly surprising, she is not the only celebrity mother who regained her former body after giving birth
HTC One X+ Specs Leaked; Device Likely To Come With 1.6GHz Quad-Core CPU, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean And MoreUntil now, very little information about the HTC One X+ has been revealed. But an XDA Developer forum member, with the Twitter handle @Football4PDA, seems to have some interesting details about the rumored handset.
Morgan Freeman Narrating ’50 Shades Of Grey'? No, The Actor Is A Victim Of Another Rumor, Post-Death HoaxThe rumor mill has been working overtime with respect to Morgan Freeman. The actor was recently involved in a Facebook and Twitter death hoax, and now people are saying he will be narrating the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie.
- Rumors about whether or not Khloe Kardashian was pregnant have been swirling ever since she married Lamar Odom, but she has yet to officially announce that she is expecting a child with her NBA star husband.
- As the rumored release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 approaches, more details have begun to leak onto the web. The most recent bit of information allegedly leaks the price for Apple’s next smartphone alongside the device’s model number.
New Orleans Saints Players Suspensions Overturned: What Does It Mean For Sean Payton, Roger Goodell?When news broke Friday that the suspensions of four New Orleans Saints players accused of participating in the team's bounty program had been overturned, the next logical question centered on the fate of Saints head coach Sean Payton.
- Several current and former New Orleans Saints players won an appeal today lifting their suspensions.