- Tony Danza is not dead, he's just the latest celebrity "victim" of an Internet death hoax.
- Customer sites operated by private GoDaddy.com reported major computer problems Monday due to an apparent cyberattck by Anonymous. Last winter, Intyernet activists attacked GoDaddy.com for its support of the Stop Online Privacy Act.
- Last week, rapper Nicki Minaj made headlines for her lyrics in a song titled "Mercy," a remake of rapper Kanye West's song of the same name
- As of Monday afternoon, all sites being hosted by Internet domain registrar GoDaddy were down. The company confirmed the issue on Monday afternoon and is working to resolve the problem.
- A dozen British scientists, engineers and researchers will drill down in December to a buried Antarctic lake 2 miles under an ancient ice sheet, gathering water and sediment samples in the hopes of discovering clues about the Earth's climate history and possibly new life forms.
- Police are searching for a suspect they believed shot and killed a woman at the Cameron Village development in Raleigh, N.C., which caused 14 area schools to be go into lockdown.
- Despite being out of the office for nearly 3 weeks, I've stayed on top of AUDUSD and EURAUD developments (as much as one can when surrounded by the natural beauty of Hawaii). The lagging nature of the AUDUSD (new highs in stocks but not in AUD) is reminiscent of the previous topping process in 'risk' from earlier this year (March).
- Last week was a week that was driven by the potential for stimulus from all corners of the world. First out of the starting gate was the announcement by ECB President Draghi about the details of the new bond buying program. This was followed by the increased likelihood (the view of the market) that the US Fed would embark on a new round of quantitative easing at the September 12/13 FOMC meeting after the weak jobs report on Friday. China's President HU said at the APEC conference that infrast...
- Over the weekend Rihanna added the most elaborate tattoo yet to her collection-a tattoo of a Goddess, tattooed around her ribcage
- The Euro slipped to 1.2768 as Greece's Pasok party warned that the Troika - the European Union, European Central Bank, and the International Monetary fund - rejected more than EUR 2.0B of the proposed EUR 11.5B austerity program, while Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti argued against the conditionality proposed by the ECB's new bond-purchasing program as the budget-cutting measures continue to dampen growth. At the same time, a German official filed a complaint against the ECB's non-st...
- Rumors have been circulating that singer LeAnn Rimes may be on the opposite end of the cheating spectra. Reports are surfacing that while Rimes is taking some time in rehab to deal with anxiety and stress issues, her husband Eddie Cibrian has turned to another woman -- his ex-wife, Brandi Glanville.
- There has been a lack of conviction in the markets this morning. EURUSD has fallen back from its 1.2810 high, and stocks are mixed to slightly lower since the London open. After their sharp falls on Friday, Spanish bond yields have started to climb higher, but not worryingly so. The 10-year yield is now at 5.65%, however, Spain may end up being the undoing of the ECB's latest sovereign rescue plan as low or falling bond yields make it less likely that Madrid will formally request aid, which i...
Is Tom Kenny, Voice Of SpongeBob SquarePants, Dead? No. The Voice Actor Is The Latest Victim Of A Death HoaxRelax, your childhood memories are safe: Tom Kenny, the actor who voices SpongeBob Squarepants in the eponymous television series, is not dead after all. He's simply the latest celebrity to fall victim to the ridiculous Twitter death-hoax machine.
- Reality television just keeps getting classier and classier. Just when "Jersey Shore" and "Real Housewives of New Jersey" make it seem like the art form was at the absolute bottom -- or top, depending on one's opinion -- Demi Lovato of "The X Factor" spit into fellow judge Simon Cowell's hand.
- NY1 turns 20 this week and the unexpectedly successful New York news channel's star anchor Pat Kiernan is restless, ready to move on to bigger venues. Still, he says, he knows how lucky he's been: "I have landed in absolutely the best spot as far as the changing economics and patterns of the news business."
- From Charlie Sheen's public unraveling to Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment, the most recognizable pop-culture trends in recent years have come from the real-life folly of the public sphere. That's a far shift, media experts say, from the days when a one-size-fits-all monoculture was produced on Hollywood sound stages and back lots.
- New York was struck by two tornadoes on Saturday, with the first twister primarily hitting Queens and the second primarily hitting Brooklyn. Check out some of the most shocking photos and videos of the tornado.
Alfonso Ribeiro Dead? False Rumors Say The Actor Best Known For Playing Carlton Banks On 'Fresh Prince' DiedAlfonso Ribeiro is not dead, as the actor best known for playing Carlton Banks on the hit television show "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" reassured his fans via Twitter Saturday. Ribeiro is just the latest actor said to be dead in what is beginning to seem like an unending number of celebrity death hoaxes that gain traction online through social media.
- The so-called C-class is Brazil's fast-growing middle class, more than 50 million strong. Now there's even a soap opera geared toward upwardly mobile Brazilians, and seemingly everybody -- most of all advertisers -- is taking note.
Kim Zolciak Is Not The Only Celebrity Mother With Shocking Post-Baby Weight Loss: Check Out Alicia Keys, Halle Berry, And More [SLIDESHOW]While Kim Zolciak's amount of weight loss is certainly surprising, she is not the only celebrity mother who regained her former body after giving birth