- The MTV VMAs are one of the network's most popular nights of the year and this year looks to be no different with Katy Perry, Drake, Rihanna and Carly Rae Jepsen getting nominations. The host will be Kevin Hart.
- John Clayton, who's made his name at ESPN for being a reserved, newsy reporter, appears in a new "This is SportsCenter" ad with a pony tail and Slayer tee shirt. The commercial vaulted Clayton to a nationally trending Twitter topic on Thursday.
- There is further news about Radamel Falcao's next move, while Ashley Cole's Chelsea future has been called into question.
- Coming off an 84-0 thrashing from Oklahoma State, the lowly Savannah State Tigers of the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision are tremendous 70 ½-point underdogs against the No. 6 ranked Florida State Seminoles heading into their Saturday matchup, making the spread the highest ever in college football sports gambling history.
- Floyd Mayweather bet $200,000 on the Dallas Cowboys, as they beat the New York Giants on Wednesday. He denied losing $3 million on Michigan in their loss to Alabama.
Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: AT&T Expands LTE Network, Another Reason The Likely Feature Will Become A RealityOn Thursday, AT&T announced that it will be expanding its 4G LTE coverage to nine new markets in the United States, with 40 more to come before the end of 2012. This news comes as Apple is expected to unveil its rumored iPhone 5 release on Sept. 12, just six days away, according to Apple Insider.
'Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev On Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder: 'I Didn't Want To Be Dating One Of My Costars'Nina Dobrev, half of one of Hollywood's hottest young couples, is dishing out some juicy scoop about her relationship with "Vampire Diaries" costar Ian Somerhalder. The pair are definitely no strangers to PDA, but Dobrev shockingly revealed that she initially wanted nothing to do with the CW hottie!
- NFL star Chad Johnson allegedly hit his now estranged wife, Evelyn Lozada throughout their relationship
‘American Horror Story’ Season 2 Spoilers: Season 1 Vet Frances Conroy Returns As ‘The Ultimate Angel’"American Horror Story" has been busy releasing teaser videos for its upcoming second season, but on Wednesday co-creator Ryan Murphy took some time to release some exciting casting news.
- According to a new report by McAfee, titled "Threats Report: Second Quarter 2012 report," mobile malware increased 700 percent over the last year, mostly targeting Android. Symbian was at the second spot.
- After Chicago rapper Lil' Jojo was killed on Tuesday night his rival Chief Keef laughed at the situation on Twitter. This situation follows the news that Lupe Fiasco was worried about young rappers like Cheif Keef.
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson has had trouble with the law, his wife, and getting a job in the NFL. His latest decision to get a tattoo of estranged wife Evelyn Lozada on his leg has many fans questioning the sanity of the wide receiver.
- "Fifty Shades of Grey" casting rumors are just that, rumors-- and E. L. James took to Twitter to make sure that everyone knows it whether it's concerning James Deen, Ryan Gosling or Ian Somerhalder.
- Michelle Obama's Tracy Reese dress was a hit at the DNC on Tuesday night. The First Lady is no stranger to getting rave reviews for her fashion choices, and her Tracy Reese dress at the Democratic National Convention is just another fashion homerun to add to her list.
- Promoting Jason Biggs' Twitter is being referred to as a "mistake" by Nickelodeon after he made vulgar, misogynistic tweets that reflected on the children's television network.
- Rumored supply chain issues may have an impact on the release date for the iPhone 5, as it was reported that Sharp Co is behind schedule in producing the device's display. However, this influence may not be a negative one. New analysis has found that constraints have actually had a positive effect on Apple's stock price, reports Apple Insider.
- Forward Cristiano Ronaldo has expressed sadness regarding Real Madrid management.
- TransCanada submits a new route for its proposed Keystone XL Pipeline that skirts ecologically sensitive areas in Nebraska. A State Department decision is expected early next year.