- Obama's speech at the National Democratic Convention (DNC) 2012 in Charlotte Thursday not only instigated rounds of applause, but also broke a few Twitter records for political events. The speech was wildly popular on the social networking site, eliciting 52,757 tweets per minute, which was a new Twitter record for politics.
One Direction Score Big At MTV VMAs 2012, Fans On Twitter Greet Band For Grabbing 3 Awards (Full List Of Winners & Photos)British boy band One Direction turned out to be the biggest winners at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) Thursday night in Los Angeles grabbing three awards, nosing out big names like Rihanna.
- Katy Perry set Twitter ablaze after she kissed Niall Horan and Harry Styles from One Direction on the lips after she presented them with the moon man for Best Pop Video at the 2012 MTV VMAs.
Morgan Freeman Dead? No, He Joins Eddie Murphy, 50 Cent As The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Death HoaxMorgan Freeman is not dead, despite a report that originated on Facebook earlier this week. A Morgan Freeman impersonator, though, did read aloud from the book "50 Shades of Grey."
- Amber Rose showed up to the 2012 MTV VMAs with the latest fashion accessory, a pregnant belly. Her fiancé Wiz Khalifa had been vehemently denying pregnancy rumors, but the couple must have been waiting to for the red carpet to announce they were expecting.
- The 2012 campaign has focused on a myriad of social and ideological issues, with some smatterings of tax policy and truckloads of mudslinging. A new book argues voters should look past the obfuscation and consider what is best for their wallet. Its authors claim history has proven one thing: when it comes to economic success, the left has had the upper hand.
- The MTV VMAs are one of the network's most popular nights of the year and this year looks to be no different with Katy Perry, Drake, Rihanna and Carly Rae Jepsen getting nominations. The host will be Kevin Hart.
- John Clayton, who's made his name at ESPN for being a reserved, newsy reporter, appears in a new "This is SportsCenter" ad with a pony tail and Slayer tee shirt. The commercial vaulted Clayton to a nationally trending Twitter topic on Thursday.
- There is further news about Radamel Falcao's next move, while Ashley Cole's Chelsea future has been called into question.
- Coming off an 84-0 thrashing from Oklahoma State, the lowly Savannah State Tigers of the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision are tremendous 70 ½-point underdogs against the No. 6 ranked Florida State Seminoles heading into their Saturday matchup, making the spread the highest ever in college football sports gambling history.
- Floyd Mayweather bet $200,000 on the Dallas Cowboys, as they beat the New York Giants on Wednesday. He denied losing $3 million on Michigan in their loss to Alabama.
Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: AT&T Expands LTE Network, Another Reason The Likely Feature Will Become A RealityOn Thursday, AT&T announced that it will be expanding its 4G LTE coverage to nine new markets in the United States, with 40 more to come before the end of 2012. This news comes as Apple is expected to unveil its rumored iPhone 5 release on Sept. 12, just six days away, according to Apple Insider.
'Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev On Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder: 'I Didn't Want To Be Dating One Of My Costars'Nina Dobrev, half of one of Hollywood's hottest young couples, is dishing out some juicy scoop about her relationship with "Vampire Diaries" costar Ian Somerhalder. The pair are definitely no strangers to PDA, but Dobrev shockingly revealed that she initially wanted nothing to do with the CW hottie!
- NFL star Chad Johnson allegedly hit his now estranged wife, Evelyn Lozada throughout their relationship
‘American Horror Story’ Season 2 Spoilers: Season 1 Vet Frances Conroy Returns As ‘The Ultimate Angel’"American Horror Story" has been busy releasing teaser videos for its upcoming second season, but on Wednesday co-creator Ryan Murphy took some time to release some exciting casting news.
- According to a new report by McAfee, titled "Threats Report: Second Quarter 2012 report," mobile malware increased 700 percent over the last year, mostly targeting Android. Symbian was at the second spot.
- After Chicago rapper Lil' Jojo was killed on Tuesday night his rival Chief Keef laughed at the situation on Twitter. This situation follows the news that Lupe Fiasco was worried about young rappers like Cheif Keef.
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson has had trouble with the law, his wife, and getting a job in the NFL. His latest decision to get a tattoo of estranged wife Evelyn Lozada on his leg has many fans questioning the sanity of the wide receiver.
- "Fifty Shades of Grey" casting rumors are just that, rumors-- and E. L. James took to Twitter to make sure that everyone knows it whether it's concerning James Deen, Ryan Gosling or Ian Somerhalder.