After months of training for Lionsgate’s “Hellboy,” David Harbour is ready to jump into another action film as part of Marvel Cinematic Universe. Ahead of CinemaCon’s Big Screen Achievement Awards in Las Vegas last week, where he was awarded action star of the year, Harbour spoke on his participation in the upcoming Black Widow standalone film, which has yet to be confirmed by Marvel Studios, which is owned by Disney.

While Harbour was quick to tell press, including International Business Times, he doesn’t “know anything” about the Black Widow film just yet, he did share several details about the highly-anticipated project.

“They are an amazing franchise. Those movies are great. I see all of those movies,” Harbour said of the MCU.

The “Stranger Things” star shared his favorite part about the film is its director, Cate Shortland. “She made a movie in 2012 called ‘Lore.’ She’s a phenomenal Australian filmmaker and the fact that they’re taking creative risks like that in a franchise that is so enormous and, from what I’ve spoken to Cate about, letting her make the film that she wants to make, [and] the fact that it is like this Black Widow Russian character is very interesting to me,” he said.

Harbour also revealed that filmmakers were courting actresses Rachel Weisz and Florence Pugh, the latter of which he called “extraordinary,” to star. Of course, a Black Widow film would also feature “Avengers: Endgame” lead Scarlett Johannson as Natasha Romanoff.

“It seems like a terrific baseball team to play for so I’m excited, but I’m so very excited about ‘Hellboy,’” Harbour said. “I am very blessed.”

david harbour David Harbour from "Hellboy" speaking at Lionsgate’s CinemaCon presentation at the Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace on April 4, 2019. Photo: Dan Steinberg