• A concertgoer died Sunday after he fell from the arena's upper-level seating into the seats below
  • Two more men were injured in a separate fall that happened nearly an hour after the first incident
  • Police are investigating the first fall and claimed there was no evidence of any foul play

One person died and at least two others suffered non-life threatening injuries in separate falls that occurred during a rock concert at San Francisco, California's Chase Center over the weekend, police said.

Officers of the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) responded to the indoor arena at around 8:55 p.m. Sunday over reports of a person in need of medical attention and they discovered an injured man, KQED reported, citing a police spokesperson.

The unnamed man had fallen from the Chase Center's upper-level seating and into seats in Section 116 during the band Phish's concert, a report by KPIX 5 said.

"We felt this thud, it was a remarkable thud... One of my friends said, 'Is it an earthquake?' And the other guy said, 'I think someone fell," concertgoer Richard Langston was quoted as saying by the outlet.

The man landed on his head with enough force to break the seat he struck, according to a witness.

Emergency responders provided the man with medical treatment, but he later succumbed to his injuries and was declared dead, a spokesperson for the SFPD said.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner was later called to the scene. An investigation into the incident is ongoing.

There is no evidence of foul play, police said.

Officers and medics responded to the Chase Center again nearly an hour later at around 9:45 p.m. following reports of another fall at the arena.

The second fall involved an adult male who reportedly fell from section 214 of the venue onto another man below.

"He clearly missed a step and wasn’t holding onto that handrail and just kept going," another concert attendee, Jillian Ragia, said.

The two men involved in the second fall, who were also not named, were taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries. It was unclear if the second fall was also being investigated by police.

A representative for Phish has declined to comment and the band has not posted about the incident on social media as of Monday, as per KQED.

Golden State Warriors and Chase Center spokesperson Kimberly Veale released a statement in response to the two falls, The San Francisco Chronicle reported.

"We extend our heartfelt condolences to the guest’s loved ones. We are working with the local authorities to determine exactly what happened," Veale was quoted as saying by the newspaper.

Officers did not find evidence of any criminal violation, according to NBC Bay Area.

auditorium-3514584_1920 Representation. The man who fell to his death during a concert at the Chase Center last Sunday allegedly landed on his head with enough force to break the seat he struck. Photo: Pixabay