Michael Lohan
Michael Lohan was found to have fathered an illegitimate child whilst still married to Linday Lohan's mother Dina. There is currently a warrant out for his arrest as he has fallen behind on support payments for the child. Reuters

Lindsay Lohan's estranged father Michael Lohan was back in police custody Thursday, hours after he had been released from a jail in Tampa, Fla. on domestic violence charges.

Police said officers responded to a call from Lohan's girlfriend, Kate Major, Thursday morning. Major, 28, complained that Lohan, 51, had made a harassing phone call to her shortly after he was released from jail Wednesday.

While the police were at Major's condo, Lohan called again. She put the call on speaker and the police could listen to what he was saying. After hearing all what he had told her, the police notified the Hillsborough County State Attorney's Office of a violation of Judge Walter Heinrich's pre-trial release order that he should stay away from Major, news agencies reported.

Police went to the Tahitian Inn in Tampa, where Lohan was staying, with an arrest order. When he spotted the officers, Lohan jumped off a third-floor balcony to escape. He was arrested after a short pursuit on foot.

He was taken to the Hillsborough County Jail. However, since the officers suspected Lohan might have broken his foot when he tried to escape by jumping off the balcony, he was taken to Tampa General Hospital for evaluation.

Lohan was arrested Tuesday on domestic violence charges and was released from jail Wednesday. On release, he denied reports that he had battered Major. I did not hurt Kate. I didn't do anything to hurt her, the New York Daily News quoted him as saying.

We had an argument about a girl who's a really bad influence on Kate, and I took the phone out of Kate's hand and threw it down. I said I'd had it and that I was leaving, and she panicked. She was worried she'd get stuck with all the bills, so she called the police, he said. Lohan said Major was creating a drama to sell her story for a quick tabloid paycheck.

He denied accusations that he had thrown a remote control at Major. He said he had never threatened to throw her off the fourth-floor balcony and slit her wrists.