Missing Broncos Fan
Paul Kitterman, a 53-year-old man from Kremmling, Colorado, disappeared at halftime of last Thursday's game between the Denver Broncos and the San Diego Chargers. Reuters/Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports

Missing Denver Broncos fan Paul Kitterman was found safe in Pueblo, Colorado, on Tuesday, five days after he disappeared at halftime of the NFL team’s game last Thursday against the San Diego Chargers. Foul play was not suspected in his disappearance.

“Mr. Kitterman was found unharmed outside of Denver. No foul play is suspected. All further inquiries should be directed to the family,” the Denver Police Department said on its official Twitter account. “It would be inappropriate for DBD to comment. [Questions] should go to the family.”

Kitterman, 53, was found wandering a parking lot about 90 miles away from Sports Authority Field at Mile High, NBC News said. Police responded to the scene after Kitterman’s ex-wife alerted them to his whereabouts. "All we were trying to do was make sure he was unharmed, and he was," Denver Police Sgt. Steve Warneke told the Associated Press. "So at that point, we're finished."

The Kremmling, Colorado, native told police that he “had his fill of football” when he left the stadium, KUSA-TV reports. Kitterman did not say how he traveled to Pueblo.

Kitterman attended the Broncos game with stepson Jarod Tonneson, family friend Tia Bakke and Bakke’s girlfriend. Tonneson got up from his seat at halftime to use the bathroom. When he returned, Kitterman had disappeared.

Tonneson and Bakke searched the stadium and contacted security, local hospitals and prisons, but failed to find him. Denver police reviewed hundreds of hours of stadium surveillance footage but did not see any sign of Kitterman.

Authorities told Bakke that they believed Kitterman had simply walked out of the stadium on his own, but Bakke remained insistent that foul play likely played a role in his disappearance. “Paul did not just walk away on his own. Something bad has happened to him,” she said Tuesday.

Kitterman did not carry a cellphone and had about $50 in cash on his person when he went missing. He does not have a history of substance abuse or any known medical conditions.