Whitney Houston was found dead in her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel Saturday afternoon, the same location of a pre-Grammy Awards gala Houston had been set to attend that night.

Clive Davis, the legendary music industry executive who discovered Whitney Houston, decided to move forward with the annual party despite the shock of the troubled pop star's death.

By now you have all learned of the unspeakably tragic news of our beloved Whitney's passing, Davis said addressed guests at the start of the event, according to the Los Angeles Times. I don't have to mask my emotion in front of a room full of so many dear friends. I am personally devastated by the loss of someone who has meant so much to me for so many years. Whitney was so full of life. She was so looking forward to tonight even though she wasn't scheduled to perform.

Whitney was a beautiful person and a talent beyond compare, Davis continued. She graced this stage with her regal presence and gave so many memorable performances here over the years. Simply put, Whitney would have wanted the music to go on and her family asked that we carry on.

According to the Associated Press, Houston's body remained at the hotel for the better part of Saturday evening, as partygoers paid tribute to the singer in the same building.Houston's ex-husband Bobby Brown performed a scheduled concert with New Edition in Southhaven, Miss. Saturday night.

First of all, I want to tell you that I love you all, Brown said to the crowd, according to Billboard magazine.Second, I would like to say, I love you, Whitney! The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage.

Brown cancelled a Sunday concert date in order to be with his 18-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina. Sources close to Brown told TMZ the singer was headed to Los Angeles to support his devastated daughter, who has been hospitalized twice since learning of her mother's sudden death.

According to TMZ, Bobbi Kristina begged to see her mother's body a few hours after she was pronounced dead, and had a loud confrontation with law enforcement officers who denied her access.