A woman was arrested in Florida on Friday for killing her boyfriend and stuffing the chopped up body parts inside a travel trailer. She also took steps to cover up the crime and lived with the body for months. 

Penny Rebecca Pospisil, 47, was taken into custody and charged with second-degree murder and abuse of a dead body.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office started an investigation after discovering the dismembered body of 55-year-old Anthony Mitchell during a well-being check at a camper trailer at Wickham Park Campground in Melbourne, Florida, on Dec. 30. The body was in the advanced stages of decomposition.

Investigation revealed that Pospisil and Mitchell lived together at the Lake Panasoffkee RV village in Sumter County, northwest of Orlando. The man’s family last spoke to him on Aug. 22, and in the following week, Pospisil told her friends and family that Mitchell had died. Shortly after, neighbors reported a foul smell from the residence, the Palm Bay Daily reported.

She then moved to Melbourne in September end and people there also reported a foul smell coming from the trailer. When police reached the park as part of a wellness check after her parking lot fee was overdue, they found the dismembered body.

The investigation which was jointly conducted by Sumter County Sheriff's Office and Melbourne Police Department revealed the woman killed the man on Aug. 23 and that she had kept the body and took "significant steps" to cover up the crime.  The death was due to blunt force trauma, the Sun Sentinel reported.

She was currently held at the Brevard County Jail Complex without bond. The motive behind the crime was unknown.

crime scene A woman was arrested in Florida on Friday for killing her boyfriend and stuffing the chopped up body inside a trailer. In this image, police stand behind a crime scene tape near the mass shooting at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida, June 12, 2016. Photo: MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images

In a similar incident in April 2018, a woman was arrested for beheading her boyfriend in West Virginia. While the police drove her away from the scene, she allegedly told them "to take me back and let me get my heads."

Authorities said, when officials responded to a home, they found Roena Cheryl Mills covered in blood while wearing a glove on her left hand. She told the responding officers she was left bloodied after being thrown through a glass door. She was arrested after she started fighting with the officers. The same evening, officers found a decapitated body on another block while the remaining part of the body was found where Mills was arrested.

Mercer County Prosecuting Attorney George Sitler called it a “decapitation homicide” and said, “Even though she’s only been initially charged with second-degree murder because there was some initial doubt about premeditation, [the] grand jury could certainly indict her for first-degree murder,” the New York Post reported.