- Electric Cars Are Polluting Carpool Lanes: Study
September 30 2014 2:52 PM
Allowing electric cars special access to carpool lanes is causing more, not less, pollution, a study indicates.
- Ford Knocks $2B Off Its Profit Forecast
September 30 2014 10:39 AM
The Michigan automaker says Russia, South America and recalls have hit harder than previously estimated.
- How Georgia Got The Largest Share Of Electric Cars
September 29 2014 4:18 PM
Due to a mix of state tax credits and suburban sprawl's traffic chaos, demand for zero-emission vehicles has exploded in Georgia.
- Heavy Shopper Incentives Last Month Spiked New-Auto Sales
September 26 2014 4:39 PM
The fact that incentives were so generous indicates that the U.S. car business may be going the way of the U.S. housing market.
- Cadillac SRX Recalled In China For Swaying
September 26 2014 12:10 PM
GM’s joint venture in China is calling back twice as many Cadillac luxury cars as the company sold in the country last year.
- The Best Places In The US To Drive An Electric Car
September 25 2014 5:22 PM
An electric car in California is cleaner than the same vehicle in Colorado. Fracking has a lot to do with it.
- Only 1 In 5 Problem Cars Covered By GM Compensation Fund
September 25 2014 1:09 PM
GM recognizes nearly 14 million cars with key rotation problems, but only 19 percent of them are covered by its fund.
- The Trickle-Down Effect Of New Car Tech
September 24 2014 5:39 PM
Once exclusive, these driving technologies are now more mainstream.
- Where Technology Takes The Big-Rig Wheel
September 24 2014 12:37 PM
Mercedes-Benz shows off its vision for long-haul trucking, in which human drivers are just along for the ride.
- Second Place Again For GM In China
September 24 2014 10:21 AM
GM’s China sales are growing, but the company won’t regain the top position lost to Volkswagen last year.
- Americans' July Driving = 50 Roundtrips To Pluto
September 23 2014 9:21 PM
After years of stagnation in yearly travel totals, Americans are back out on the road. Who's got the Woody Guthrie cassette?
- Analyst: Tesla Might Need $6B More To 'Disrupt' The Industry
September 23 2014 3:38 PM
Tesla’s ‘Gigafactory’ could win in domestic solar energy even if Tesla doesn’t meet its ambitious goals.
- Cadillac HQ Headed To Posh New York City Neighborhood
September 23 2014 12:31 PM
The company says it has its global headquarters location picked in the 26-block historic neighborhood in Lower Manhattan.
- Montana Judge Lowers Hyundai Liability In 2011 Crash Case
September 23 2014 1:29 AM
Two Missoula families sued Hyundai in 2011, claiming that a broken steering knuckle in a car caused a crash killing two teenagers.
- Hyundai Directors Kept In Dark On Size Of $10B Land Bid
September 20 2014 7:21 AM
Thursday's winning bid sent shares in Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors and Hyundai Mobis plunging, wiping out $8 billion in shareholder value.
- 10 Best Deals For A Long-Lasting Used Car
September 19 2014 5:21 PM
An analysis of used cars listings for long-lasting models shows up to 10 percent of them are below market value.
- Remember The Fisker Karma? It’s Coming Back And Will Look The Same
September 19 2014 1:46 PM
The head-turning Fisker Karma will be revived with “noticeable upgrades” under the hood, the company's new owners say.
- Second Recall For GM Natural Gas Vans
September 18 2014 4:03 PM
The company says some of alternative fuel vehicles fixed last year still pose a leak and fire risk.
- Auto Lenders Face Scrutiny Over Discriminatory Practices
September 18 2014 11:23 AM
Nonbanks that make auto loans face stricter supervision under a new rule proposed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Elon Musk Joins Self-Driving Car Chorus
September 18 2014 10:34 AM
The billionaire electric car maker echoes what Nissan said last month about when self-driving cars could be ready.