- Tesla Will Present Its Battery-Swap System This Week
June 18 2013 2:39 PM
Tesla says the technology will allow a quick swap of a 990-lb. battery pack. Curious? So are we.
- Chrysler About-Face: Will Recall 2.7M SUVs
June 18 2013 9:59 AM
[UPDATE 3 p.m. EDT] In a surprising reversal, Chrysler has agreed to conduct a voluntary recall of 2.7 million SUVs.
- European Car Sales Hit 20-Year Low In May
June 18 2013 7:36 AM
Car sales in Europe had a remarkably poor month in May.
- Ford Makes India Its SUV Production Hub
June 17 2013 4:18 PM
Ford is using targeted production plants to respond to growing demand for mini-SUVs in the Indian market.
- Today In Pesky Power Window Switch Recalls: GM Adds 230,000 More SUVs To Its List
June 17 2013 1:00 PM
Moisture intrusion into driver's side armrest controls can short circuit and burn, even when the vehicle is parked.
- Want To Buy A Ford Fusion? Get In Line
June 14 2013 3:22 PM
Ford's inventory of the midsize sedan is down to 39 days, as demand keeps the level of stock low.
- Boston Resident Pays $560K for 2 Parking Spots
June 14 2013 1:10 PM
In an IRS auction, a Boston resident agreed to pay $560,000 for two parking places in a Boston neighborhood in a near-record bid.
- GM Pushes For In-Car Tech Despite AAA Warning
June 14 2013 2:05 AM
CEO says tech features in cars present an enormous commercial opportunity one day after report on distracted driving dangers.
- Are Automakers Ready For An iOS-Based Dashboard?
June 13 2013 11:26 AM
Apple would like to be the standard for vehicle dashboard controls. Will automakers embrace the idea?
- GM's Opel To Build Cars In Belarus By 2014
June 13 2013 10:44 AM
The Corsa models will be sold in the car markets of Russia, Kazakhstan and also Belarus.
- Fiat Says Supplier Delays Will Force Shutdowns
June 12 2013 4:30 PM
The Italian car company said that 5,500 or more vehicles can't be assembled as a result of vital components backlogged by supplier.
- Toyota Losing US Market Share, Doesn’t Expect A Rebound In 2013
June 12 2013 8:40 AM
The Japanese auto giant expects to take 14.4 percent of all U.S. vehicles sales this year, slightly less than in 2012.
- US Auto Manufacturing Will Create 5% More Jobs This Year, But…
June 11 2013 5:52 AM
U.S. auto manufacturing has had three good years of jobs creation; that party is winding down in 2014.
- Federal Judge In Detroit Dismisses Spyker's Lawsuit Against GM
June 11 2013 5:30 AM
A US federal judge dismissed a $3 billion lawsuit by Spyker accusing General Motors for Saab's bankruptcy.
- US Subprime Auto Lending Approaching Pre-Recession Levels
June 07 2013 2:12 PM
Riskier auto financing is on the rise, as are repos, but the market seems OK with that -- for now.
- Chrysler Announces Jeep SUV Recall
June 07 2013 2:08 PM
Chrysler has announced a large-scale recall of 630,000 Jeep SUVs worldwide due to safety issues.
- British Car Buyers Sent May 2013 Sales Higher Than They Were In 2007
June 06 2013 8:48 AM
Car sales in the UK increased 11 percent in May, suggesting Brits are more confident than their continental counterparts.
- In the US, Is It Hip To Lease A Car?
June 06 2013 8:42 AM
Credit bureau Experian says a significant percentage of Americans got cars by leasing them first and then buying, in early 2013.
- Will The 2014 Toyota Corolla Look Anything Like The Corolla Furia Concept Car?
June 05 2013 10:54 PM
Toyota's pulling the sheet off the 2014 Corolla on Thursday evening in Santa Monica.
- China: GM's New Mega Market
June 05 2013 3:40 PM
General Motors said Wednesday it sold 48 more cars in China than it sold in the United States in May.