- Hyundai Directors Kept In Dark On Size Of $10B Land Bid
September 20 2014 7:21 AM
Thursday's winning bid sent shares in Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors and Hyundai Mobis plunging, wiping out $8 billion in shareholder value.
- 10 Best Deals For A Long-Lasting Used Car
September 19 2014 5:21 PM
An analysis of used cars listings for long-lasting models shows up to 10 percent of them are below market value.
- Remember The Fisker Karma? It’s Coming Back And Will Look The Same
September 19 2014 1:46 PM
The head-turning Fisker Karma will be revived with “noticeable upgrades” under the hood, the company's new owners say.
- Second Recall For GM Natural Gas Vans
September 18 2014 4:03 PM
The company says some of alternative fuel vehicles fixed last year still pose a leak and fire risk.
- Auto Lenders Face Scrutiny Over Discriminatory Practices
September 18 2014 11:23 AM
Nonbanks that make auto loans face stricter supervision under a new rule proposed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Elon Musk Joins Self-Driving Car Chorus
September 18 2014 10:34 AM
The billionaire electric car maker echoes what Nissan said last month about when self-driving cars could be ready.
- Hyundai To Pay $10B For Land In South Korea For New HQ
September 18 2014 7:35 AM
The company will pay about three times the appraised price of the property after a bidding war with Samsung Electronics.
- Tesla Has Big Expectations, And Bigger Challenges
September 17 2014 5:35 PM
The Palo Alto carmaker has high expectations, and higher challenges, according to a car battery industry executive.
- California Sets Road Rules For Self-Driving Cars
September 16 2014 4:24 PM
Audi became the first to get the license to test its self-driving car. Here are the rules.
- Tesla Share Price: A Bumpy Ride On Lack Of Consensus
September 16 2014 1:13 PM
After Telsa CEO Elon Musk said his company’s shares are overheated and Morgan Stanley agreed, but the price is edging higher.
- How To Make A Car With 3D Printing
September 16 2014 11:40 AM
Local Motors printed the chassis, frame, seats and dashboard of its concept printed car in less than two days.
- Toyota Taps Brakes On Mexican Expansion
September 16 2014 10:07 AM
The world’s top automaker wants to make absolutely certain it needs a Corolla factory in Mexico.
- Formula E Debuts With A Bang In Beijing [VIDEO]
September 15 2014 4:56 PM
The first all-electric motor racing championship race ended with a spectacular crash -- and no one was hurt.
- Law Enforcement Can Subpoena Your Car’s Data
September 15 2014 3:24 PM
As the "Internet of cars" emerges, so too do questions of privacy that face other mobile technologies.
- GM Recognizes 19 Deaths From Ignition Switch Failure
September 15 2014 11:26 AM
The lawyer handling General Motors' victim compensation fund says he has received 445 claims, including 125 for death.
- Ford Recalls 74,000 Hybrids
September 15 2014 10:17 AM
The U.S. automaker says electric coolant pumps need to be checked in nearly 74,000 cars dating back to 2005.
- Focus ST Lives Up To The Hype [REVIEW]
September 13 2014 12:59 PM
By all logic. the Focus ST shouldn’t be good: It’s a nose-heavy car with a lot of power and front-wheel drive. Yet, somehow, it's brilliant.
- California Shuts Down Uber Carpool Service -- For Now
September 12 2014 10:53 AM
Uber has struggled to overcome arcane legal statutes through its five-year history.
- Nevada Welcomes Tesla With $1.3B Tax Incentives Package
September 12 2014 5:37 AM
Tesla will be exempt from property taxes for up to 10 years and from local sales taxes for up to 20 years, saving the company nearly $1 billion.
- 2014 Toyota Tundras Recalled
September 11 2014 1:22 PM
A plastic interior piece might block side airbags from deploying in the proper shape to protect heads, says the Japanese carmaker.