- GM Chooses Former Executive At Nissan To Head Cadillac
July 12 2014 5:22 AM
GM is aiming to better Cadillac's performance in the U.S. and China, where rival brands have been booking high sales.
- 9 Automakers, 1 Metal-Spitting Airbag Probed By US Traffic-Safety Watchdog
July 11 2014 3:12 PM
All major Japanese and U.S. automakers (as well as BMW) have cars with airbags that could spray shrapnel into your face.
- Chrysler Recall: Flaming Vanity Mirrors
July 11 2014 10:07 AM
The Auburn Hills, Michigan, automakers says wiring in sun visor of some SUVs pose a fire risk.
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell Stations To Quadruple In California By 2015
July 10 2014 3:01 PM
Hydrogen fuel cells will get a jump start in 2015, as California aims to quadruple the number of hydrogen stations available in the state.
- Labor Battle Revs Up Again
July 10 2014 12:31 PM
As the United Auto Workers announces a new local chapter for Volkswagen plant employees, conservatives hint at support for labor boards.
- Honda Recalls 175,000 Japanese Hybrids
July 10 2014 8:01 AM
The recall includes all the models of the two cars Honda's sold in Japan.
- Faulty Headlights Prompt Acura To Recall More Than 14,000 ILX Sedans
July 08 2014 8:56 PM
After one vehicle caught fire, Acura announced it would recall 14,078 ILX Sedans from 2013 and 2014.
- Ford Recalls Recent Model Cars, SUVs
July 08 2014 3:20 PM
The automaker says most of the cars in the recall could lurch unexpectedly because of an improperly installed component.
- Germany Wants Foreign Drivers to Pay Up
July 08 2014 10:48 AM
The EU cautions Germany about potentially discriminatory road toll.
- No End To China's Appetite For Cars
July 07 2014 3:41 PM
China became the world’s largest auto market four years ago, and its lead over the U.S. keeps growing.
- China, Germany Sign Deals Amid Questions About Chinese Economic Growth
July 07 2014 6:29 AM
China's first-quarter growth, while robust by global standards, missed the government's target for improvement.
- Recalls Put The Brake On Chevy Sedan Sales
July 01 2014 6:30 PM
June U.S. new-car sales were stronger than expected. For GM’s Chevy sedans, not so much.
- Apple CarPlay Announces 9 New Partners Amid Growing Competition
July 01 2014 3:27 PM
Apple announced several new automakers that will support CarPlay as competition grows with Google's Android Auto.
- Despite Recalls, GM Posts Better-Than-Expected June Sales
July 01 2014 12:10 PM
It was the third consecutive month of strong sales for the No. 1 automaker in the U.S.
- Now Chrysler, Too, Orders Huge Recall For Ignition Switch Defect
June 30 2014 8:08 PM
Chrysler says it is acting "out of an abundance of caution" with the recall.
- GM To Pay At Least $1M For Each Death
June 30 2014 1:15 PM
The Detroit automaker came up with some numbers on Monday on how it intends to compensate ignition switch victims.
- GM Compensation Chief To Outline Who Qualifies
June 30 2014 9:01 AM
Who gets money, and how much, for injuries linked to that poorly made ignition switch are lingering questions.
- GM Expands Safety Recall To 428,000 Vehicles: Report
June 27 2014 6:05 PM
The Chevrolet Cruze recall is linked to an accident in which a woman lost an eye.
- US New-Car Sales Slow Down In June, Speed Up In 2014
June 27 2014 4:29 PM
June lost a weekend to May this year, creating one of those statistical quirks in auto sales numbers.
- GM To Recall 30K Cruze Sedans After Faulty Air Bags Lawsuit
June 27 2014 2:00 AM
The recall covers cars from the 2013 and 2014 model years that included air bags built by Japan's Takata Corporation.