Earlier reports that Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler were engaged again are apparently not true -- or at least premature.
Shortly after IBTimes published a story on the engagement redux (which was originally reported by Life & Style magazine), we saw that Cavallari had tweeted that the report was actually a rumor -- a false one.
New week new rumor. I'm not engaged u guys, Cavallari tweeted late Monday. E! News picked up on the the tweet and published a So True? So False item discrediting the rumor.
Blame it on wishful thinking?
The Life & Style report quoted an unnamed insider with news of the engagement.
Kristin is over the moon with happiness, the source reportedly told Life & Style. She's already told her friends that the engagement is back on. They haven't set a new date yet.
The Chicago Bears quarterback abruptly ended their engagement on July 23, just days after Cavalli had been photographed in her wedding dress for a Life & Style spread (though the wedding date was expected to be somewhere in 2012).
Cavallari joined the cast of Dancing with the Stars shortly after the broken engagement, which reportedly left her heartbroken.
Cutler appeared on DTWS to support his former bride-to-be, prompting speculation or a reconciliation.
Cavallari confirmed the two were an item again in her denial of reports that she had come between Kourtney Kardashian and her boyfriend Scott Disick.
It's disrespectful to me and Jay, Cavallari told Access Hollywood.
Cutler injured his thumb in Sunday's game and is expected to be out for an extended time, though the Bears' coach said he expects Cutler to return before the end of the season. Cutler will have surgery on his broken thumb, but the date has not been set.