Articles by Moran Zhang
- 2014: More Uncertainty Awaits 'Fragile 5’ Economies
December 04 2013 4:27 PM
Each of the “fragile five” countries faces an election in 2014.
- Fed's Beige Book: Stimulus Plot Thickens
December 04 2013 3:34 PM
The Fed said U.S. economic growth remains modest to moderate; but is the economy strong enough to decrease stimulus?
- Is Latest US Jobs Stat A Ray Of Light?
December 04 2013 8:25 AM
ADP said private-sector employment increased by a healthy amount in November, blowing past analysts’ expectations.
- Japan: Slower Growth Expected, BOJ On Hold
December 04 2013 6:09 AM
Bank of Japan is unlikely to launch fresh stimulus any time soon.
- China November Economic Data Preview - Signs Of Resilience?
December 04 2013 6:01 AM
A 7 percent GDP target has become a more likely choice in the policy circle.
- November US Jobs Report Preview: Good Enough To Reduce Fed Stimulus?
December 03 2013 6:27 AM
November’s employment report could tip the finely-balanced stimulus reduction decision either way.
- 2014 Outlook: US Stock Market Correction Ahead
December 02 2013 12:29 PM
Following an aggressive market rally this year, a correction is in the cards for 2014, but a new bear market is not.
- Six Things To Watch In China's Reform Agenda
November 29 2013 11:58 AM
Could the party's ambitious plan turn out to be all talk and no action?
- Asia Economic Outlook 2014: Leaders And Laggards
November 28 2013 10:23 AM
The speed at which credit is outpacing nominal GDP growth in Asia is worrying economists.
- Who Stands To Lose From China-Japan Territorial Dispute?
November 27 2013 11:08 AM
The recent escalation of the conflict over the Diaoyu/Senkaku islands could lead to renewed disruption of bilateral trade and investment between China and Japan.
- WTO Dec. Summit Preview: Bali Or Bust
November 27 2013 7:16 AM
Here's a preview of the WTO’s last-ditch effort to pass watered-down but "deliverable" elements of the Doha Round of trade talks.
- Saudi Arabia: Banking Crisis Ahead?
November 26 2013 6:25 AM
The rapid expansion of credit in Saudi Arabia is beginning to look like a cause for concern.
- Philippines Is Still Southeast Asia's Rising Economic Star
November 25 2013 12:23 PM
Economists see a V-shaped recovery for the Philippines after it was hit by the deadliest typhoon in modern history.
- UK Autumn Statement: What To Expect
November 22 2013 1:28 PM
The statement provides an update on the government’s plans for the economy based on the latest forecasts.
- Who Were The Winners And Losers Of China's Recent Bold Reforms?
November 22 2013 7:09 AM
The planned reforms could reduce the threat of a hard landing caused by the misallocation of capital and resulting widespread overcapacity.
- Yellen One Step Closer To Making History
November 21 2013 10:27 AM
The Senate Banking Committee voted 14-8 Thursday to approve the nomination of Janet Yellen to be Federal Reserve chairwoman.
- Earnings For Nov. 25-29: Tiffany, HP
November 21 2013 6:18 AM
Despite the not-so-awesome earnings results, the U.S. stock market keeps moving higher.
- This Time, China Is Serious About Land Reform
November 21 2013 6:16 AM
Approximately 4 million rural people have their land taken every year, and there were 187,000 mass conflicts in 2010.
- Oct. Fed Minutes - Stimulus Reduction Ahead?
November 20 2013 2:21 PM
A couple of participants favored lowering the 6.5 percent unemployment rate threshold.
- How The S&P Performs Early In A Fed Chair's First Term
November 19 2013 11:48 AM
Should investors steer clear of the stock market early in a new federal reserve chair’s first term in office?