Articles by Moran Zhang
- Fed Live Blog - Bernanke Won't Comment On New Term
June 19 2013 1:17 PM
Fed chairman ducks question on possible departure, says he may start tapering QE this year. He wants "maximum employment."
- Nigeria: Banking Sector Not Out Of The Woods Yet
June 19 2013 5:46 AM
There are fears that non-performing loans might start to tick back up again in Nigeria's banking sector.
- Fed Tapering: Winners & Losers
June 18 2013 2:33 PM
Which types of U.S. investors will gain when the Federal Reserve eventually tapers -- i.e., decreases -- its quantitative easing program?
- FOMC Preview: Tapering Is Not Tightening
June 18 2013 6:54 AM
Economists expect the Federal Reserve Wed. to continue, for the time being, its QE program of $85 billion in asset purchases per month.
- Societe Generale: Look Before You Leap At Gold
June 17 2013 1:27 PM
The gold price rally in the late 1970s turned out to be a bubble. Societe Generale thinks this time is not much different.
- QE Tapering Among Key Economic Events Next Week?
June 14 2013 6:51 PM
The focus will be on the FOMC statement Wednesday, when the Fed will likely lower its forecasts, but remain ambiguous about the prospects for tapering its QE.
- Adobe, FedEx, Oracle, Red Hat: Earnings To Watch Next Week
June 14 2013 12:31 PM
Here's a list of 10 notable quarterly earnings reports to watch for during the week of June 17-21.
- Paris Air Show: Preview Of Airbus-Boeing Dogfight
June 14 2013 8:17 AM
Come next week, all eyes will be on two next-generation long-haul planes -- Airbus' A350 and Boeing's 787 Dreamliner.
- How About Some 'Happy' With That Happy Meal?
June 13 2013 11:36 AM
Fast-food chains need to do more with loyalty in order to stay competitive.
- How Nigeria’s GDP Grew By 40% Overnight
June 13 2013 5:52 AM
Helped by a statistical revision to its economy, Nigeria may have already overtaken South Africa as the region’s largest economy.
- Americans Are Moving Less - Is That A Good Thing?
June 12 2013 5:56 AM
In a market economy, labor mobility is a factor that mitigates the effect of economic shocks.
- Dish Network, Groupon, Whole Foods: Earnings To Watch This Week
May 03 2013 4:59 AM
Earnings at companies in the S&P 500 index are at record levels. Here's a list of 30 notable earnings reports to watch this week.