Articles by Moran Zhang
- Dish Network, Groupon, Whole Foods: Earnings To Watch This Week
May 03 2013 4:59 AM
Earnings at companies in the S&P 500 index are at record levels. Here's a list of 30 notable earnings reports to watch this week.
- US April Jobs Report Preview - Slowdown Confirmation?
May 02 2013 5:10 AM
Will Friday’s jobs report validate concerns that the U.S. economy is slumping for the fourth straight spring?
- Merck Earnings Preview: (Patent) Cliff Diving
April 30 2013 5:49 AM
Drugmaker Merck will discuss new drugs and Q1 sales trends as it braces for new generic competition.
- Euro Zone Now In Its Longest Recession Ever
April 29 2013 10:48 AM
While fears about the impact of the crises in Cyprus and Italy have died down, the wider economic outlook has not improved.
- US Pending Home Sales Rise - Better Months Ahead?
April 29 2013 10:13 AM
Higher pending home sales signal that actual home sales may rise in coming months.
- Jobs Report Among Key Economic Events April 29-May 3
April 26 2013 11:28 PM
Monetary policies will also be in play, with European Central Bank and U.S. Federal Open Market Committee meetings on the calendar.
- US GDP Grows In 1Q, But By Less Than Forecast
April 26 2013 9:12 AM
The U.S. economy has grown for 15 straight quarters, but the average pace, just above 2 percent annually, is weak by historical standards.
- AIG, Comcast, Kellogg, Pfizer: Earnings To Watch This Week
April 26 2013 5:42 AM
Here’s a list of 72 companies set to report earnings April 29-May 3.
- US Federal Reserve To The ECB: We Don't Trust You
April 25 2013 12:51 PM
According to Federal Reserve data, overseas banks accounted for about 70 percent of the Fed's discount window loans.
- US Dependent On 5 Countries For Oil
April 23 2013 1:42 PM
The concentration of U.S. crude oil imports among its top-five suppliers is the highest since 1997.
- This Week’s Economic Events: US Q1 GDP
April 22 2013 5:14 PM
In a light week on the macro data side, market attention is set to turn to a flurry of earnings reports due for release.
- Is Slovenia The Next Shoe To Drop In The Euro Crisis?
April 21 2013 12:46 PM
In the wake of the Cyprus debacle, is Slovenia next for a bailout? Leaders claim they don't need one.