Articles by Barack Obama
- White House Works To Control Crisis Abroad, As Anti-'Innocence of Muslims' Protests Spread
September 14 2012 12:43 PM
The United States is working to shore up security at diplomatic sites abroad, as protests responding to an incendiary film, entitled "Innocence of Muslims," spread across the Middle East, an Obama spokesperson said on Friday.
- OPINION: There Is No Debate, Obama Saved Ohio
September 14 2012 12:23 PM
Clearly, there is no debate. Based on the facts, it’s Obama who deserves all of the credit. His actions and policies saved the great State of Ohio from economic calamity.
- Anti-"Innocence of Muslim" Protests Persist In Muslim World; Filmmaker "Sam Bacile" Now In Hiding
September 14 2012 11:54 AM
Two days after the death of U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens, anti-"Innocence of Muslim" protests continue in Cairo, Yemen, Sudan, and other parts of the Muslim world, as world leaders appeal for calm.
- A Libertarian US President? Gary Johnson Will Be On Ballot In 47 States
September 14 2012 11:20 AM
If Ron Paul supporters unite behind Johnson, he could potentially sipher votes from Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney in more than one swing state.
- Obama Leads Romney Nationally, Has Edge In Florida, Ohio And Virginia: Polls
September 14 2012 9:58 AM
President Barack Obama has opened a slim lead over Mitt Romney in three battleground states, according to a new series of NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist poll.
- Rush Limbaugh: Al Qaeda 'Gave Up' Bin Laden So Obama Would Look Good
September 13 2012 9:28 PM
Rush Limbaugh has an interesting theory about the May 2011 killing of Obama bin Laden. On his radio show Wednesday, the conservative pundit stated that Al Qaeda may have allowed bin Laden to be killed in order to make Barack Obama look good.
- Obama Widens Lead to 7 Points: Reuters/Ipsos Poll
September 13 2012 7:44 PM
President Barack Obama widened his lead over Republican challenger Mitt Romney to 7 percentage points in a Reuters/Ipsos poll of likely voters released Thursday, the latest survey to show him ahead.
- Ladies, You're Still Earning Less: Census Reports Gender Wage Gap Didn't Budge In 2011
September 13 2012 1:59 PM
Almost 50 years after the passage of the 1963 Equal Pay Act, women still take in 77 cents for each dollar earned by a man.
- President Obama Is Glad Readers Are 'Entertained' By 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
September 13 2012 1:29 PM
The "Fifty Shades of Grey" phenomenon has taken the world by storm. In a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight, President Barack Obama was asked to offer his take on the raunchy novel. Though the book was just bumped from the top spot of the bestseller list by "No Easy Day," the hype surrounding the book isn't expected to fade anytime soon. The highly anticipated film version of the E.L. James shocker continues to have many buzzing.
- Yemen: Anti-Islam Film Is The Least Of This Poverty-Stricken Nation's Many Problems
September 13 2012 1:11 PM
Anger in the Muslim and Arab world over an anti-Islam film produced in America has spread to Yemen, where several hundred protesters stormed the U.S. Embassy in the capital, Sana. Yemen is already dealing with widespread social problems due to food and water shortages, rising extremism and sectarian conflict and political instability following the popular uprising that began in 2011.
- Beyoncé, Jay-Z And President Obama Hold Contest To Bring Winner Out With Them In NYC
September 13 2012 12:56 PM
You can join President Barack Obama, along with Jay-Z and Beyoncé in NYC.
- First Lady Michelle Obama Teaches Dr. Oz How To 'Dougie' [VIDEO]
September 13 2012 10:34 AM
This week, the First Lady appeared on "The Dr. Oz Show" to promote health and fitness, and showed Dr. Oz how to do the hip-hop dance inspired by 80s rapper Dougie Fresh
- Innocence Of Muslims: US Opens Investigation Into Chris Stevens’ Death, Libyans Condemn Killing [PHOTOS]
September 13 2012 4:51 AM
Following the death of U.S. ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens, the first killing of a U.S. ambassador in more than 30 years, the U.S. administration has opened an investigation into the incident even as the initial evidence points to the involvement of well-armed thugs rather than an out-of-control mob.
- Brent crude steadies near $116 ahead of Fed decision
September 13 2012 3:55 AM
Brent crude steadied near $116 a barrel on Thursday, after rising for five straight sessions, as traders awaited a U.S. Federal Reserve policy decision that is expected to include further stimulus action to bolster the world's largest economy. Pressure on oil prices from an unexpected rise in U.S. crude stockpiles was offset by geopolitical risks in OPEC member Libya and rising hopes that the euro zone's rescue fund will soon take effect. Brent's front-month October contract, which expi...
- WIll The Libyan Attacks Make The U.S. Leery Of Intervening In Syria?
September 12 2012 5:16 PM
The Middle East is looking increasingly unsteady with the attacks in Libya and the protests in Egypt, which may further deter the U.S. from eventually intervening in Syria.
- Obama Earns ‘F’ On Issue Most Important To Voters
September 12 2012 2:28 PM
Voters continually claim that one issue is most important to them this election. It’s an area where President Barack Obama fails miserably and, for that reason, is trying desperately to avoid it -- the economy.
- U.S. Ambassador To Libya Killed: Statements from President Obama And Hilary Clinton (FULL TEXT)
September 12 2012 1:57 PM
The president of the United States, Barack Obama, and Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, have both condemned that rocket attack in Benghazi, Libya which killed U.S. diplomat Chris Stevens and three other people.
- ‘Innocence Of Muslims’ Movie Causes YouTube Ban In Afghanistan, Islamic Republic Tries To Prevent People From Watching Mohammad Film
September 12 2012 1:55 PM
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has officially banned the video-sharing website YouTube on Wednesday in an attempt to prevent Afghans from watching "Innocence of Muslims."
- Romney Continues to Blast Obama For 'Disgraceful' Libya Apology, But Republican Leadership Stays Silent
September 12 2012 11:43 AM
Even after the White House disavowed statements by the U.S. embassy in Cairo that appeared to sympathize with the attackers, Mitt Romney continued to insist Obama is "apologizing" for America.
- Why We Are Not Posting Sam Bacile’s “Innocence of Muslims” Video
September 12 2012 11:28 AM
Sam Bacile's poorly-made YouTube trailer for the movie "Innocence of Muslims" has gone viral in the Middle East, resulting in protests that killed four Americans in Libya on Tuesday. While it is not directly responsible for those deaths, it is a provocative, tasteless effort.