Articles by Barack Obama
- How Sheldon Adelson Could Save $2.3 Billion Under Romney Tax Plan
September 11 2012 4:48 PM
Over the weekend, Mitt Romney insisted his tax plan would not cut taxes on the rich. And yet, the Center for American Progress found it would lead to more than $2 billion in savings for the billionaire Sheldon Adelson. And that's not counting his heirs.
- NBC Interviews Kris Jenner On 'Today' About Her Breast Implants As Other Networks Observe Sept. 11 Moment Of Silence
September 11 2012 4:48 PM
Television network NBC has drawn negative criticism after skipping a moment of silence at 8:48am to honor the victims of September 11th
- OPINION: Mitt Romney Offers Real Tax Reform
September 11 2012 1:04 PM
The Obama campaign and the president’s Democratic allies have been pushing a particularly disappointing bit of fiction on the campaign trail lately.
- Big Shots Tone Down Politics For 9/11 Anniversary
September 11 2012 11:10 AM
No political dirt will be thrown about Tuesday as Obama and Romney have agreed to take negative campaign ads off the air to honor the 9/11 anniversary.
- 9/11 Cancer Link Finally Recognized, But Funds For Responders And Volunteers May Be Lacking
September 10 2012 6:42 PM
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health has recognized about 50 forms of cancer as byproducts of being near Ground Zero during and in the months following 9/11. That opens the door to monitoring and treatment for survivors, first responders and nearby residents.
- Syrian Defector Hints French Helped Him Escape, But Opposes Foreign Military Intervention
September 10 2012 2:04 PM
Manaf Tlas hinted that France helped him escape Syria, but refused to provide specifics. He also warned the Syrian regime would not hesitate to use chemical weapons.
- Little Fanfare Over U.S.-Afghan Jail Transfer, But Bagram Is A Big Deal
September 10 2012 12:10 PM
Control over a major detention facility at Afghanistan's Bagram Air Base was passed from the U.S. military to the Afghan government in a small ceremony on Monday, a major step in NATO's troop withdrawal and Kabul's progress toward full security independence.
- Under Obama, Deportations Near Record Number In 2011
September 10 2012 9:55 AM
Authorities deported a record number of immigrants in 2011, underscoring the delicate balance President Obama has attempted to strike on immigration.
- Is Tom Kenny, Voice Of SpongeBob SquarePants, Dead? No. The Voice Actor Is The Latest Victim Of A Death Hoax
September 09 2012 7:25 PM
Relax, your childhood memories are safe: Tom Kenny, the actor who voices SpongeBob Squarepants in the eponymous television series, is not dead after all. He's simply the latest celebrity to fall victim to the ridiculous Twitter death-hoax machine.
- Romney, Ryan Defend Proposals, Yet Sidestep Specifics, In First Major Post-Convention Interviews [VIDEO]
September 09 2012 5:38 PM
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his running mate, Paul Ryan, defended their tax, economic, and health-care ideas while trying to direct a more precise attack on Democratic President Barack Obama during interviews on four of the major Sunday-morning television talk shows this weekend.
- Smug Romney Condescending To The Troops In Fox Interview [VIDEO]
September 09 2012 3:28 PM
After the Democrats hammered him for leaving the war in Afghanistan out of his acceptance speech, Romney was visibly uncomfortable before dropping the sound bite bomb that's still reverberating around the Internet.
- Romney’s Tax Plan: Bush’s Tax Plan On Steroids
September 09 2012 12:24 PM
Gov. Mitt Romney's tax plan is President George W. Bush's tax plan on steroids: it cuts taxes on upper-income adults and the uber-rich, and vectors the U.S. budget deficit to even higher levels.
- Obama Widens Narrow Lead Over Romney: Reuters/Ipsos Poll
September 08 2012 8:53 PM
With both the Democratic and Republican national conventions now history, the former party's incumbent Barack Obama has widened his narrow lead over the latter party's challenger Mitt Romney in the U.S. presidential-election race, according to Reuters/Ipsos poll results released Saturday.
- John Kerry Speech At DNC 2012 Rattles GOP, Romney-Ryan Ticket [VIDEO, FULL TRANSCRIPT]
September 07 2012 4:40 PM
John Kerry, the one-time presidential nominee of the Democratic Party back in 2004, took the stage at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) Thursday night to support President Barack Obama's candidacy for a second term. The senior senator from Massachusetts and the tenth most senior figure in the Senate had one of the best speeches of the night by most accounts. John Kerry Speech At DNC 2012 Rattles GOP, Romney-Ryan Ticket [VIDEO, FULL TRANSCRIPT]
- Obama Poster Artist Shepard Fairey Fined And Sentenced To Community Service
September 07 2012 1:39 PM
Shepard Fairey, the artist behind the famous 2008 "HOPE" poster of President Barack Obama, was sentenced to two years of probation (which includes 300 hours of community service) and fined $25,000 in a New York Court on Friday.
- Coke, GE Step In As Ex-Pariah Myanmar Opens To Foreign Investment
September 07 2012 12:45 PM
After breaking from decades of military rule, Myanmar's parliament ratified legislation promoting foreign investment on Friday, opening the southeast Asian country to investment from companies like MasterCard Inc. (NYSE: MA), the Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO) and General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE).
- Yet Another Person Who Dislikes Mitt Romney: Vladimir Putin
September 07 2012 11:56 AM
Russian President Vladimir Putin said that U.S. Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney was "mistaken" in an interview aired Thursday.
- August US Jobs Report Is Disastrous: 6 Takeaways
September 07 2012 11:22 AM
It's been three years since the Great Recession technically ended, and still, unemployed Americans are struggling to find work.
- The Middle-Class And The Death Of Culture
September 07 2012 11:10 AM
Culture in America is dead, largely because the middle-class does not care about such things.
- Facts About Obama’s White House Term
September 07 2012 10:33 AM
Republican Truth Squad at Work, the Facts. You may or may not like Bush 43, but this is a History lesson, so it is information for all US voters, regardless of party. The facts; The day the Democrats took over was not January 20, 2009; it was January 3, 2007, the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.