Articles by Facebook
- Technology?s Cash Piles: Top U.S. Leaders Stash Nears $400B
August 20 2012 4:03 PM
Don?t say technology companies aren?t enormously profitable. An IBTimes review of the cash and investment holdings of 11 of the top technology leaders shows they are sitting atop nearly $375 billion in cash and investments ? or about 24 percent more since the last survey nine months ago.
- With Facebook Price Halved, Did Instagram Get The Short End of The Stock?
August 20 2012 3:03 PM
Just prior to its much-hyped stock market debut, Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB) bought the photosharing website Instagram for $1 billion in cash and stock. Now, with the world's biggest social network trading at half its IPO price, Instagram's deal doesn't look as nearly as sweet.
- Rabbis, Israeli Minister, Blast Apple For Carrying Anti-Semitic App
August 20 2012 11:49 AM
European rabbis as well as Israel?s Minister of Public Diplomacy have criticized Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) for publishing and selling an Arabic-language app of ?The Protocols of the Elders of Zion,? probably the best-known anti-Semitic forgery.
- Do Something Awards 2012: Winners And Best Dressed At VH1?s Annual Charitable Award Show [PHOTOS]
August 20 2012 11:33 AM
On Sunday, celebrities, athletes and those in the limelight gathered in Santa Monica, Calif. for the 2012 Do Something Awards by VH1 to celebrate the year's most charitable people. Some of the best dressed of the night on the red carpet included Lea Michelle, Kristen Bell, Ashley Greene, Nikki Reed and Olivia Munn. View photos of the red carpet and ceremony and a full list of winners ahead of the VH1 broadcast which will air on Tuesday.
- Groupon Backers Desert Daily Deal Site
August 20 2012 8:12 AM
Internet finance mogul Marc Andreessen, who invested $40 in the company months before it went public last November, has cashed out, while investors Fidelity and Maverick Capital have sold a large portion of their shares.
- ?American Horror Story? Season 2 Spoilers: White-Masked Nun Adds The Creepy Factor In Second ?Asylum? Trailer [VIDEO]
August 20 2012 7:44 AM
With casting news slowing down and filming underway, "American Horror Story" is ready to tease fans about the upcoming second season. On Friday the Facebook page for the FX show posted an odd "Special Delivery" video for fans to enjoy and question. The show has quickly followed up with a second video titled "Blue Coat," and it is just as confusing as the first.
- Pre-Market Movers (Coventry Health, Barclays, Facebook, Apple, Infosys, Waste Management, Deutsche Bank)
August 20 2012 6:40 AM
Coventry Health Care, Barclays Plc, Facebook, Apple Inc, Infosys, Waste Management and Deutsche Bank AG are among the companies whose shares are moving in the pre-market trading Monday.
- Apple iOS 6 Release Approaches: Security Flaw Users Should Look Out For, Apple Responds [FEATURES]
August 19 2012 4:56 PM
Apple?s upcoming mobile operating system iOS 6 is set for a fall release date, but hackers have already found a flaw within the software. It was reported that the SMS messaging in iOS 6 can be manipulated so that the sender of the message can change the ?Reply To? number a different number than the original.
- Winners and Losers: Facebook Half Off, Corzine Survives
August 17 2012 6:16 PM
IBTimes' weekly roundup of winners and losers in the world of business.
- iPhone 5 Release Date Rumors May Be True: AT&T Prepares For Apple Launch, According To Source
August 17 2012 4:53 PM
The release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is allegedly coming in September alongside an iPad Mini, and the Internet has not stopped buzzing with rumors and speculations about the device. This information has not been confirmed by Apple, but increasing evidence points to the following: fans could see the iPhone 5 next month.
- 'Sharpies Parties' Use Social Media To Galvanize Anger Vs. Foreclosed Homes
August 17 2012 12:42 PM
Amid the continue foreclosure crisis, some young people are taking to social media to redirect their frustration and coordinate larger acts of vandalism against abandoned properties.
- Facebook Plunges To Latest Record Low After Lockup Ends
August 17 2012 12:21 PM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, fell to a new record low of $19.01 in midday Friday trading, a day after insiders were allowed to sell as many as 241 million shares they had been required to hold since the May 17 initial public offering.
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 2 Spoilers: First Video of ‘Asylum’ Hits Facebook, Link To Watch Trailer Here
August 17 2012 12:00 PM
FX's Emmy nominated series "American Horror Story" is prepping for a haunting second season, and they are finally treating fans to their first video sneak peak.
- Russian Government Arrests Political Activist Kasparov Outside Courthouse
August 17 2012 9:08 AM
The Russian government Friday arrested opposition leader / political activist Garry Kasparov outside the Moscow courthouse where the trial for punk rock band 'Pussy Riot' was held.
- Pre-Market Movers (ArcelorMittal, Nokia, Frontline, Barclays, Facebook, Idenix Pharmaceuticals, VIVUS, Knight Capital Group)
August 17 2012 6:24 AM
ArcelorMittal, Nokia Corp, Frontline Ltd, Barclays PLC, Facebook Inc, Idenix Pharmaceuticals Inc, VIVUS Inc and Knight Capital Group Inc are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- Instagram 3.0 ‘Photo Map’ Arrives: 5 Features We Want To See In The Next Update
August 16 2012 4:34 PM
The widely successful camera app Instagram has just received a new update that will incorporate location-based tags. The function, known as Photo Mapping, has rolled out to both Android and iOS-based iterations of the app.
- Disconnected Markets Confound Investors
August 16 2012 4:31 PM
The current environment for investors is perhaps one of the most confusing that many have ever encountered. Unpredictable markets now appear to take no clue whatsoever from underlying economic data, and maxims long cherished by traditional money managers are being abandoned in favor of seemingly illogical choices. We are in a world in which apparently intelligent investors are willing to pay a premium for 10 year Treasury bonds that are almost certain to lose real value if held to maturity. Wh...
- Stock Trading Suffers On Uncertain, Unpredictable Markets
August 16 2012 3:47 PM
Trading in U.S. stocks has been going on at a snail's pace recently, a fact market-watchers are blaming on policy uncertainty, but could also be the result of investors fed up with the fragmented, unpredictable nature of the market.
- IBTimes Interview: Dennis Crowley, Foursquare CEO, On How His App That Made 'Checking-In' Cool Is Evolving
August 16 2012 3:22 PM
Dennis Crowley, Foursquare Co-Founder and CEO, discusses the most recent iteration of the app, rolled out in early June, what went into the process of creating it and why the Foursquare app is more than just about publicly announcing one's location.
- Apple iOS 6 Features: Users ‘Disappointed’ Without YouTube App, Google Maps Upgraded As iPhone 5 Release Approaches
August 16 2012 1:12 PM
The release date for Apple’s iOS 6 is less than a month away, with the upcoming iPhone 5 expected to launch around the same time. Users may be excited about features such as the new map app from Apple, but there is one app that fans will be missing for certain: YouTube.