Articles by FBI
- Michael Eugene Brewster, Alleged 'Bucket List Bandit,' Captured In Oklahoma City [PHOTO]
September 14 2012 11:29 AM
Multiple news outlets are reporting that authorities have captured a suspect dubbed the "Bucket List Bandit." The bandit is believed to be responsible for bank robberies in nine states and has been arrested in Oklahoma City.
- Anonymous Publishes Information On Government Employees In Retaliation For Barrett Brown Arrest
September 13 2012 8:51 PM
A hacker that claimed to be a part of the group Anonymous published a text file on the Internet Thursday in an apparent retaliation for the arrest of ex-Anonymous spokesman Barrett Brown. Talking Points Memo reports that the document (which you can find here) contains the authentic names, credit card data and other information about a random series of 13 government employees.
- Nakoula Basseley Nakoula Calls Police To California Home, 'Innocence Of Muslims' Producer 'Scared Of Retaliation' [PHOTO]
September 13 2012 10:59 AM
Police have been sent to the California home of Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, the purported producer of "Innocence of Muslims," an anti-Muslim film that has caused outrage across the Middle East. According to authorities, the purported producer of the Muhammad film called local police in an effort to protect him and his family from potential harm.
- Apple UDID Leaks: BlueToad Breaks Silence On Hacking Attack; Owns Up As Source For Incident
September 11 2012 7:26 AM
In a clearly worded acknowledgement, digital publishing firm BlueToad confirmed that it was the source of Apple UDID leaks reported last week, Reuters reported.
- Does The FBI’s Looming Biometric Database Bring Big Brother Closer?
September 09 2012 2:40 PM
The FBI's Next Generation Identification would use photographs and biometric data to help law enforcement entities nationwide identify "persons of interest." If NGI's early stages are any indication of where it's heading, privacy advocates and ordinary citizens are right to fear it.
- iPad Hacking: Was Obama's iPad Compromised In Antisec Hacking? Is Romney Also A Victim Of Hacking Attack?
September 06 2012 6:16 AM
Even as FBI denied Antisec Hacker group's claim that it stole personal identification data from millions of Apple device owners, news of Obama's iPad being compromised is making rounds in technology circuits.
- Apple iPhone, iPad IDs Stolen From FBI Computer? Bureau Denies Claims Of Antisec Hack
September 05 2012 10:28 AM
The FBI has released a statement saying that there is "no evidence" to support recent claims by a hackers group that they gained access to a bureau computer containing information on millions of Apple users.
- Democrats Introduce A New Face: Julian Castro
September 04 2012 10:37 PM
San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro presented a fresh, youthful, smiling face for Democrats at the opening night of their convention Tuesday -- while hurling stinging attacks on the Republicans and their nominee.
- Was Your Apple ID Was Compromised By AntiSec Leak? FBI Denies Being Source
September 04 2012 7:14 PM
After a million Apple IDs were reportedly hacked, the claimed perpetrators "thanked" the FBI, but the bureau said late Tuesday that it was impossible that the IDs could have been hacked from one of their laptops because they never possessed the identifications in the first place.
- Hackers Hit Apple, Publish Data From 1 Million Customers
September 04 2012 3:25 PM
AntiSec, a hacker group which claims to be an offshoot of the notorious Lulzsec and Anonymous groups, published a database of a million devices identifiers from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable company.
- AntiSec Hackers Release 1 Million iOS Device UDIDs Allegedly Obtained By Breaching FBI Laptop
September 04 2012 5:56 AM
Hacker group AntiSec released a set of over 1 million Apple Unique Device Identifiers (UDIDs), which the group claimed to have obtained from a file found on an FBI laptop it allegedly breached in March.
- Feds Won't Prosecute Phoenix Sheriff Joe Arpaio On Abuse Of Power
September 01 2012 2:16 PM
Federal prosecutors have closed a probe into America's self-proclaimed toughest sheriff -- Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Ariz. -- on abuse of power with no charges filed.
- Former FBI Agent Robert Levinson Still Missing 2,000 Days After Disappearing In Iran
August 29 2012 4:17 PM
It's been 2,000 days since former FBI agent Robert Levinson went missing, and the U.S. government is no closer to finding the private investigator who disappeared in Iran in 2007.
- LulzSec Hacker Cuffed By FBI In Connection To Attack On Sony Pictures
August 29 2012 3:32 PM
A second hacker wanted in connection to LulzSec’s attack on Sony Pictures has been arrested by the FBI according to VentureBeat.
- Harvey Weinstein Extortion Plot: Movie Mogul Allegedly Targeted By Struggling Actor Vivek Shah
August 23 2012 2:09 PM
A struggling actor accused of hatching an extortion plot targeting film mogul Harvey Weinstein and other tycoons of industry across the country was arrested by federal agents.
- Kristen Bell Wants To Make A 'Veronica Mars' Movie; Will Fiance Dax Shepard Also Star?
August 22 2012 9:55 PM
Fresh off the debut of her new movie "Hit and Run," filmed with her fiancé Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell already has another project in mind - a reunion of her cult classic TV series "Veronica Mars."
- Applanet.net, Appbucket.net And Snappzmarket.com Seized For Hosting Pirated Android Apps
August 22 2012 12:33 PM
Three websites accused of copyright infringement for allowing the illegal download of Android apps have been taken down. Applanet.net, Appbucket.net and Snappzmarket.com have all been seized by the FBI.
- Kate 'Ma' Barker, Mother Of 1930's Gangster Fred 'Doc' Barker, Home For Sale; Florida House Still Riddled With Original Bullet Holes [PHOTOS]
August 22 2012 9:14 AM
The Florida home of Kate "Ma" Barker, matriarch of the infamous Barker gang from the "public enemy era," is currently up for sale. Check out photos of the 2,016 square foot estate
- Kansas Rep. Kevin Yoder Skinny Dips In Sea Of Galilee -- On Israel Education Foundation?s Dime
August 20 2012 11:48 AM
Kansas Republican Kevin Yoder has apologized for swimming nude in the Sea of Galilee last August while on a trip paid for by the American Israel Educational Foundation -- an organization sponsoring these trips to "help educate political leaders".
- Floyd Lee Corkins Associated With The Southern Poverty Law Center? Family Research Council Points Finger At SPLC
August 17 2012 2:55 PM
While details have emerged about Floyd Lee Corkins, the man who opened fire on a security guard Wednesday at the Family Research Council headquarters, officials are debating on who the finger of blame should point to.